Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys!

Based on the info below, can you guess my mbti type cause i'm at a loss. Also, if you feel inspired to guess my enneagram I'd appreciate that too. thanks a million!

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm an 18 yrold female...other than that, no.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

My first post so I can't submit a link yet :smug:

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

I don't think I would be too concerned and I might be a little amused. I am the middle child of a big family so I feel like I have this attitude that someone else will take care of whatever problems come up. This is probably more nurture than nature though. I'd probably just let the other people there figure it out and offer my input if i thought i had something useful to add. I'd probably be a little bit bummed if we missed the concert, but if we ended up making it I probably wouldn't be phased at all.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I'd probably go but be a little nervous about it before hand. If I knew that someone I knew well would be hanging out with me the whole time or until I felt comfortable meeting new people i'd be way more ok with it. really though, i'd never ask this of someone unless i could tell they were equally shy and wanted a buddy too. with my more extroverted friends, I usually feel bad asking them to stay with my since i feel like i'm tying them down. I'd probably just go and be very nervous until i started meeting people.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

If this happened, i'd probably inwardly question what made them believe that, and then I'd consider which one of us is wrong, or if we're both wrong, or if we're both right. honestly, i'd probably never find an answer i was satisfied with and probably just resign myself to the fact that i may never know what is objectively true. It's so easy to see what's wrong but so hard to know what's right, you know?
I probably wouldn't do anything outwardly.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Well, i can't really see since it's hard for me to visualize what this would be. Whatever this thing was, i probably wouldn't be very phased by it. If it was something that made me uncomfortable, though, i'd probably just ignore it outwardly and have a similar reaction to what I had in the previous question: i'd consider who is right, and not being able to reach a conclusion that satisfied me, i'd just shrug my shoulders and quote Socrates - "all I know is that I know nothing."

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I'd say that some of my values are kindness, individuality, fairness and equality. All of these I feel are innate. I've always been sensitive to other people and my siblings have always teased me for always having to make things fair. Also, I've also always appreciated what everyone has to bring to the table. I don't see how I could ever really change my mind on any of these things. Although, if someone did challenge them and have a decent argument for it, I'm ashamed to say that, as I noted above, I'd probably just get confused and give up on trying to figure it out. :sad:

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

I definitely feel like it is how quiet I am. I think alot of people I know see me as weird or intimidating. If I could change one thing it would be people's perception of me. I feel like I'm seen as very uptight and serious but I want to be someone who people feel comfortable, safe, and free to share their thought with.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I think that I notice them but I don't really make decisions by them. They are definitely triggered where people are concerned, especially if I sense that a relationship is uncomfortable or strained.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I'm just going to stop here cuz i'm feeling bored (hah) but let me know if you absolutely need that other two questions. thanks!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
So that implies you are a Ti dom, focused on logical accuracy and precision, perhaps subjective definitionof how the world works, open to ideas/possibilities, creative, interested in learning/expanding knowledge kinda vibe with you?

INTP - Jung Type Descriptions

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not quite..I've never really related to the Ti function. I took a personality quiz from similarminds.com and these are my results:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (30%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (40%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (70%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (30%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (40%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (60%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - infj

Pretty sure I'm either an infj or infp because I'm pretty sure I'm an Fi or Ni dominant and I'm not an isfp or intj. . . . . . .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts