Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I'm exited, possibly manic. That means I have a mental illness, yay. I've been concentration a lot of effort into self improvement for the past couple weeks. I'm a male who is 28 years old.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tristanotierney/16581131264/in/explore-2015-04-19 Arg! cant get over how perfect this pic is. I hope its from somewhere in Socal; its a place I feel very drawn to because of the culture there and a lot of the music I listen to comes from Socal. I have never been to Socal but I think I would absolutely love to live there with the laid back people an culture. On to describing the pic now. I just can't say enough how much I love how well balance this pic is with both lines, shapes and colors. There is great contrast between the opposite orange and blue colors. I just noticed that I said orange first then blue which prolly is indicative of how my eyes go over the pic from the top right, the down and slightly to the left, then a sorta angular up and left at about 45 degrees followed by going towards the center of the picture near where that big rock is then up to the top left of the pic then almost straight across to the top right. My mother was the one who first made me aware to be aware of how to notice how/where my eyes go when looking at a photo or painting. *goes to look back at the pic for a second time*

I just noticed for the first time that that is the golden gate bridge so I guess I was right about it being in Socal. Sometimes I have this crazy intuition where my mind catches things before I can recognize what my brain is doing and I just have crazy good guesses sometimes.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

IDK. having been in the situation where I want a broken down car to work asap I have in the past tried to find out what is wrong with the car even though I have been taught basically nothing on how cars work. Last time I had to just my cars battery with a bunch of D batteries. It was like less than 0 degrees out (Fahrenheit). I had a flashlight in my car that had 8 D batteries in it so I jumped it with that. I would prolly start with all the things I new about how cars work first and then if it was not any of those things I would prolly try to find a manual for the car in desperation. As far as I would be concerned, the rest of the people I was with would practically not even be there in my mind. I would just get hyper focused on getting to the concert by way of fixing the car. I'm always trying to get to the root of the problem, sometimes in unhealthy ways or when it is not even practical to do so at the time. No doubt I would end up at the concert eventually even if I couldn't fix the car, but I might be late focusing so much attention on the car unless someone else has some great solution to get there on time.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

IDK honestly. I might be trying to celebrate for fixing the car by way of getting so hammered I can't even see straight. At that point I would feel like the DD has made the decision to not drink so I sorta would have a sorta "more for me then" mentality. I wouldn't rub it in their face at all that they can't drink but I would prolly start getting really enthusiatic and pretending that no one else really cared what I did and would end up prolly making a fool of myself. I'd be in it for myself and how much fun I could have. I might just start a contest for who can drink more with rules and body weight and everything accounted for to see who actually gets the most drunk. It would be way too much work for most people to even bother with all that calculation so it would prolly just end up being me and the one other guy who would like my idea being the only ones drinking. I'd start doing weird things like pretending I am in the Vietnam War and Killing the "gooks" (I appologise for the wording here, but thats what the natives were referred to as in the war) with an air machine gun. I would prolly go around pretending to shoot random people or some shit like that.

TL;DR: The point of all this is that I would be determined to get sloshed.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I'd instantly take that to mean that they want to start a debate and since I am already drunk I will be making absolutely no sense to them but perfect sense to myself. I prolly would be having too good a time to actually get offended, but I would just have to say something if I disagreed with it so much. If I was not drunk it could go the way of accepting them for having a different point of view or starting a debate, but it highly depends on who they are and what the subject matter is.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

IDK, I would be shocked actually. I am way too open to different things for somthing like that to happen on a likely basis. I have a very
laissez faire attitude most of the time so I would prolly just stair in disbelief.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I don't start shit with people unless they really deserve it or they have attacked me in one fashion or another is sorta a rule I go by.I guess you could say I don't start shit, I end shit. I feel everyone deserve to have the values that mean a lot to them and I am actually pretty loose morally. As long as its not really hurting anyone I say it pretty fare game to believe and do what ever people want to do. Openness is really important to me. I treat other people the way they treat me and if there is a conflict of interests or I feel someone close to me is doing something that I think is unfair to me I will definitely be totally open and honest about how I am feeling with that issue. One of my strongest values is that people have a right to have their own individual values. I am very individualistic so I would be a hypocrite if I didn't allow others to be the same way.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I've been told I'm one in a million and coming from a statistical standpoint that's prolly no too far off the mark. Yeah there are prolly another 7.5 thousand QuickTwists' that are roaming the earth just like me. *shrug*

b) Oh I know this one and I have given it some thought in my lifetime. I really envy people that can stick with thing for a really long piriod of time so that they eventually become experts at what the have practiced. I have absolutely no stick-to-it-of-ness and I wish I could stick with things some things like hobbies for the better portion of my life.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I have great hunches, but I usually don't even know its a hunch and I will either completely miss it intellectually or I will not even realize how good a gut call I just made. The thing about the pic being from Socal is an example. It usually happens when I have been thinking or acting on something with a lot of focus trained on that thing for a lot of effort. Familiarizing myself with the thing just makes me have better hunches when I am thinking/doing that thing. I live off my hunches and usually try and rationalize it later.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) anything that takes a ridiculous amount of focus I really like doing.

b) being expected to be social with people I barely know is the worst thing in the world for me. If I'm never going to see/hear you again I really could not give a single fuck what the discussion is.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

I suppress anything I think might come off as weakness or anything that might show emotional instability. Also a lot of the time when I have thought about something at length and drawn a very good conclusion and I ask someone about it and they don't agree even though they haven't thought it through as much as me I usually act like I agree with them so I don't make either myself or them look like an idiot.

WELL... that all folks.

People I want to hear from:
@Lizabeth, @cue5c, @Dyslexicon, @Noir, @ferroequinologist, @Owner Of A Lonely Heart, @Hawkatine, @Morfinyon, @Hotaru, @
Stopwatch, @Tzara, @J Squirrel, @jeb, @Pifanjr, @Choice, @Austengirl753, @Expy, @lost monkey, @Jennywocky, @Vergil

Others, please feel free to contribute as well.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tristanotierney/16581131264/in/explore-2015-04-19 Arg! cant get over how perfect this pic is. I hope its from somewhere in Socal; its a place I feel very drawn to because of the culture there and a lot of the music I listen to comes from Socal. I have never been to Socal but I think I would absolutely love to live there with the laid back people an culture. On to describing the pic now. I just can't say enough how much I love how well balance this pic is with both lines, shapes and colors. There is great contrast between the opposite orange and blue colors. I just noticed that I said orange first then blue which prolly is indicative of how my eyes go over the pic from the top right, the down and slightly to the left, then a sorta angular up and left at about 45 degrees followed by going towards the center of the picture near where that big rock is then up to the top left of the pic then almost straight across to the top right. My mother was the one who first made me aware to be aware of how to notice how/where my eyes go when looking at a photo or painting. *goes to look back at the pic for a second time*

I just noticed for the first time that that is the golden gate bridge so I guess I was right about it being in Socal. Sometimes I have this crazy intuition where my mind catches things before I can recognize what my brain is doing and I just have crazy good guesses sometimes.
Getting Se, Ni, and some introverted judging function from this.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
IDK. having been in the situation where I want a broken down car to work asap I have in the past tried to find out what is wrong with the car even though I have been taught basically nothing on how cars work. Last time I had to just my cars battery with a bunch of D batteries. It was like less than 0 degrees out (Fahrenheit). I had a flashlight in my car that had 8 D batteries in it so I jumped it with that. I would prolly start with all the things I new about how cars work first and then if it was not any of those things I would prolly try to find a manual for the car in desperation. As far as I would be concerned, the rest of the people I was with would practically not even be there in my mind. I would just get hyper focused on getting to the concert by way of fixing the car. I'm always trying to get to the root of the problem, sometimes in unhealthy ways or when it is not even practical to do so at the time. No doubt I would end up at the concert eventually even if I couldn't fix the car, but I might be late focusing so much attention on the car unless someone else has some great solution to get there on time.
Si is the only one I notice here.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
IDK honestly. I might be trying to celebrate for fixing the car by way of getting so hammered I can't even see straight. At that point I would feel like the DD has made the decision to not drink so I sorta would have a sorta "more for me then" mentality. I wouldn't rub it in their face at all that they can't drink but I would prolly start getting really enthusiatic and pretending that no one else really cared what I did and would end up prolly making a fool of myself. I'd be in it for myself and how much fun I could have. I might just start a contest for who can drink more with rules and body weight and everything accounted for to see who actually gets the most drunk. It would be way too much work for most people to even bother with all that calculation so it would prolly just end up being me and the one other guy who would like my idea being the only ones drinking. I'd start doing weird things like pretending I am in the Vietnam War and Killing the "gooks" (I appologise for the wording here, but thats what the natives were referred to as in the war) with an air machine gun. I would prolly go around pretending to shoot random people or some shit like that.

TL;DR: The point of all this is that I would be determined to get sloshed.
Ti, and possibly Se.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

I'd instantly take that to mean that they want to start a debate and since I am already drunk I will be making absolutely no sense to them but perfect sense to myself. I prolly would be having too good a time to actually get offended, but I would just have to say something if I disagreed with it so much. If I was not drunk it could go the way of accepting them for having a different point of view or starting a debate, but it highly depends on who they are and what the subject matter is.

Fi.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

IDK, I would be shocked actually. I am way too open to different things for somthing like that to happen on a likely basis. I have a very
laissez faire attitude most of the time so I would prolly just stair in disbelief.

Some sort of Extraverted perceiving, me thinks.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I don't start shit with people unless they really deserve it or they have attacked me in one fashion or another is sorta a rule I go by.I guess you could say I don't start shit, I end shit. I feel everyone deserve to have the values that mean a lot to them and I am actually pretty loose morally. As long as its not really hurting anyone I say it pretty fare game to believe and do what ever people want to do. Openness is really important to me. I treat other people the way they treat me and if there is a conflict of interests or I feel someone close to me is doing something that I think is unfair to me I will definitely be totally open and honest about how I am feeling with that issue. One of my strongest values is that people have a right to have their own individual values. I am very individualistic so I would be a hypocrite if I didn't allow others to be the same way.
Fi.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
a) I've been told I'm one in a million and coming from a statistical standpoint that's prolly no too far off the mark. Yeah there are prolly another 7.5 thousand QuickTwists' that are roaming the earth just like me. *shrug*
Te? Ti? Likely one of those two here.
b) Oh I know this one and I have given it some thought in my lifetime. I really envy people that can stick with thing for a really long piriod of time so that they eventually become experts at what the have practiced. I have absolutely no stick-to-it-of-ness and I wish I could stick with things some things like hobbies for the better portion of my life.
Extraverted......Perceiving?
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I have great hunches, but I usually don't even know its a hunch and I will either completely miss it intellectually or I will not even realize how good a gut call I just made. The thing about the pic being from Socal is an example. It usually happens when I have been thinking or acting on something with a lot of focus trained on that thing for a lot of effort. Familiarizing myself with the thing just makes me have better hunches when I am thinking/doing that thing. I live off my hunches and usually try and rationalize it later.
Intuition dominant. Not sure which.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a) anything that takes a ridiculous amount of focus I really like doing.

Inconclusive. Need to know why.
b) being expected to be social with people I barely know is the worst thing in the world for me. If I'm never going to see/hear you again I really could not give a single fuck what the discussion is.
Introverted Judgement.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I suppress anything I think might come off as weakness or anything that might show emotional instability. Also a lot of the time when I have thought about something at length and drawn a very good conclusion and I ask someone about it and they don't agree even though they haven't thought it through as much as me I usually act like I agree with them so I don't make either myself or them look like an idiot.

Fe, probably.

Final verdict: xSFP, leaning Extraverted but either is likely from this questionairre, to me.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I took this to mean that you thought that you thought I was a N dom, but then you say XSFP, so I don't know how to read this.

I am addicted to stimulation, but at the same time anyone who knows me in my personal life would know I am a pretty strong introvert.

·
PerC Waiter
2,398 Posts
I took this to mean that you thought that you thought I was a N dom, but then you say XSFP, so I don't know how to read this.
That's my fault. I should not have included the word "dominant" there. Indication of some intuition function, but unsure of which.
I am addicted to stimulation, but at the same time anyone who knows me in my personal life would know I am a pretty strong introvert.
Ah. Possible indication of Si there, then. Still say xSFP.

·
Banned
5,877 Posts
I've always thought ISFP but you seem to be extremely assertive and direct in a way that's often typical of Se-dominants but not necessarily so. ISFPs are clammier tough cookies.
I'll try to tackle this from a ISFP vs ESFP approach as I don't like over analyzing answers, it's misleading.

I'll add all that I've noticed in you as a person.

Fi can be harsh paired with Se but ISFPs share the reservedness and quiet bluntness with INFPs, they're my more straightforward and practical cousins, I see you as much more aggressive and focused on your senses.

Your description of the picture was so intensely Se, it burns.

I see a lot of the typical ISFP behavior of not attacking if you're not under attack but many times, I've seen you jump into action right away and launch an immediate judgment that you might retract later. That's more Ji-dom, as in you know the way you feel and you cannot express it properly due to poor Te and tertiary Ni out of control.

The whole "I have my own strong point of view but I understand there's other opinions" is something I do too, it might not necessarily be a sign of Fi-dominance but it's relevant to the issue.

I can see tertiary Ni/inferior Te working better for you.

You have those inexplicable flashes of intuition and adding symbolism to your expression but it doesn't come out as smoothly as it would be for a Ni-dom, it reminds me of Lana del Rey's videos: lots of visual fluff which portrays a bigger picture but fails to convey the exact essence of the concept.

Under stress you want to be in control of everything and to be competent.
Feeling misunderstood leads you to seek dominance, objectivity and structure, I know the feeling.

Your Fi is very strong, you're heavy on defending your image and views. I've often seen you get offended at personal criticism or adopting a "I'm myself and fuck those who disagree" stance.

ESFP could be a possibility but if you are a sx 4 and a FiSe user, that's where your boldness comes from.

Perhaps.

ISFP

·
Registered
ISFP | 1w9 6w7 4w3 sp/sx (phobic 6)
4,253 Posts
*does the same picture for comparison* I haven't read his description yet. https://www.flickr.com/photos/tristanotierney/16581131264/in/explore-2015-04-19

• Gradient blue to orange sky.
• Little lights in the far background underneath the bridge in the distance
• The lighter blue shades in the water that surround the rocks remind me of some toothpaste color
• The bridge is lit in yellow

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Getting Se, Ni, and some introverted judging function from this.
Which judging function?
Si is the only one I notice here.
based on recolection of past events or how I am describing how I work out problems?
Ti, and possibly Se.
As in Ti dom, Se aux?
Fi.
Agree
Some sort of Extraverted perceiving, me thinks.
I sorta feel like it would have to be Ne
Fi.
If you had to give a type based solely on this what would you say?
Te? Ti? Likely one of those two here.

Extraverted......Perceiving?
I'd say Te for the first one, and yes, I'm a pretty heavy perceiver at times.

Covered this

Introverted Judgement.
If you follow the logic to what this actually means, I think it would be Ti.
Fe, probably.

Final verdict: xSFP, leaning Extraverted but either is likely from this questionairre, to me.
Otherwise thanks for input.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sure

6 is rather solid Fi to me

Te
I mean your communication style seems to speak to it. Especially I think in your first answer where you went into detailing "There is great contrast between the opposite... straight across to the top right." the sequence... it's quite structured and thought out for describing aesthetic.
And then at that point I just stopped thinking about cognitive functions altogether because there is just a lot of personality in your writing.
You have a fair amount of energy (it's a bit hype XD), good communication, good attention to detail... like not just your first answer but your second answer you maintain a fair amount of detail for a very specific not serious hypothetical situation... it was quite amusing.

Strong Energy, Communication, Detail... these are hallmarks of that personality. You just strike me like an ESFP X3

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do you have any personal leanings as to what you think you are?
The first time I ever took an MBTI test I typed as INTJ. I put it on the back burner. I revisited MBTI tests and started taking a whole bunch of them. According to how I use to test, T was always my strongest, most distinct trait by far follow somewhat closely by Introversion. At that point I had been getting mostly Ns and I would kinda flop on J/P. I got on facebook groups relating to MBTI and found I clicked better with the INTJs there so I was under the impression that I was one, but that was really just the crowd that is present on the INTJ facebook group. I took more test, and learned about and typed myself and read 'Please Understand me II' where I typed as INTP. It was at this time that I decided that I would try and once and for all find out what type I really am by taking an official MBTI test. Out of a possible 30 for each extreme I placed 4 on I, 5 on N, 15 on T and 1 on P. It was then, while talking MBTI theory with the facebook group, that I decided that I was INTP since I was as honest with the MBTI as I possibly knew how to be. I then tried to fit in with the INTPs and found that they are even colder than the INTJs I had talked to on the facebook group. I debated my type for a while after that, looked into 'Psychological Types' and started, sometime before reading parts of 'Psychological Types' by Carl G Jung and I learned roughly what the CF were and how to identify them in myself. I have done plenty of Type Me threads all over different personality forums. Some thought ISTP, while others thought INTJ, and one person actually thought ESFP. So after the drawn out prolonged anguish of never being certain of my type I decided to just reread through the descriptions of the CF and it was at that point that I thought "Whatever I'm just going to say I'm ISFP and roll with it." So I made a thread, HERE it is. I could not get away from being an N from the other ISFPs that were active in that thread and what they were saying at the time. I ended up deciding to roll with IXFP just cuz it was not accepted that I was ISFP. Fast forward ~6 months and that is where I am now, once again debating my type, but really just more curious what people will say that I am.

·
Jaffa Master
7,575 Posts
@QuickTwist, there's no way you're an INTJ and based on the questionnaire you're definitely a P type. Add in how you responded to the picture you're certainly Se strong. Based on that you pretty much just need to decide between Fi and Fe, and you seem pretty Fi on the whole.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@QuickTwist, there's no way you're an INTJ and based on the questionnaire you're definitely a P type. Add in how you responded to the picture you're certainly Se strong. Based on that you pretty much just need to decide between Fi and Fe, and you seem pretty Fi on the whole.
So the Ts are still unaccounted for... Hmm

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.