Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, about a month ago I decided I would just up and move to Chicago. I saved up 5 grand, quit my job, and am going out there with my guitars, clothes, and money. I plan on subletting a place for 3 months to give me time to land a job. I have a degree, so I am just aiming for anything entry-level as I am mainly moving to concentrate on my solo music. To be honest, I am very nervous and excited along with a million other emotions...I'm scared to death of failing and having to move back. I've never really lived on my own so to speak, besides away at college, so I don't know how I am going to do. Those who have done this and those who haven't, wish me luck and send positive vibes my way :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
damn, not an easy thing to do but good luck with it! its cool to explore new places and have new experiences and new chances.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Although it's a risk, it's very exciting and wonderful plan to work out.

I wish you luck like you've never seen before but will see. It means... a lots of luck from me!

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Pretty awesome!
That is one of the things I want to do, but it's kinda weird to be planning on spontaneously getting up and leaving to a new city, state, or country. But that's what I'm doing. I would actually trust my ability to make things work in this kinda situation. You shouldn't think things have to be done in a conventional way...that's what makes people scared to live. I know other people on this forum have done it, also.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: I've been in Chicago for about a month...haven't found a job yet, but have had some interviews and did contract work for two weeks. I really want to be a writer, but haven't been able to land an interview in those fields yet. I have a job interview Monday back in Detroit for a job at the advertising agency I interned at to be a traffic coordinator. I don't know if INFP's are really cut out for this type of job, but I need something as I am not 100% i'd be able to get something full-time here in a field I liked. If I am offered the job, should I just take it and forget about becoming an editor or copywriter, or should I hold out and stay here? What if I take it and then I am offered a writing job here in Chicago that I applied for? Haha, what if ing is such a pain. I do like living here, but I don't know if it would be the smartest decision to hold out for the right job to come along.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, I know one month is nothing, but I feel like I'm nearing the point where I have to eventually give in is coming close. Yes, I did move for the music, and I like the environment here much more.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nikson and Amanda...I passed on the job interview in Detroit. I realized how stubborn I am, is this an infp thing?

Reactions: northernsky

·
Registered
154 Posts
How is the music part coming along? For the past couple years I was living in a big city and had moved there to try to start a music career. I actually hated living in the city and just moved back to my hometown because I realized I can write songs anywhere; it doesn't have to be NY or LA or Nashville, etc.

Also, our similarities continue...didn't you say somewhere on here that you worked at UO? So did I a few years back. And I'm also from MI.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts