Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with all this talk about ron paul, US government corruption, NDAA 2012 supposedly allowing the detaining of US citizens indefinitely... What do you guys think of this? If I spend too much time thinking, and hanging out by myself, my Ni goes crazy and soon enough I'll become a survivalist. Ni is what makes those wild New World Order Conspiracy theories you find with a quick google search.

Do you INTP's ever suffer from a similar problem with paranoia? Do you ever have to just get up and go do something else?

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
INTP = Ne. :)

That is to say, introverted thinking with extroverted intuition.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Paranoia, not so much. Getting up and having to do something else, all the time. I readily become fascinated with subjects almost constantly. After a while I completely lose interest and have to move to another subject.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Well, as I said INTPs use Ne and not Ni.

Ne is typically expansive and creative, whereas Ni finds patterns in a different way.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
Actually I have noticed that Ne dom/aux users tend to be the ones who find conspiracy theories.
Which is against most other findings. :D

·
Registered
785 Posts
Of course I get sucked into black holes of knowledge. I also have an addictive personality which doesn't help matters much.

I literally get sucked into knowledge pertaining black holes, they are quite interesting xD

·
Registered
37 Posts
@koalaroo: Just give the poor SP a straight answer. lol.

@DJArendee: While I am not intending to be critical of your own need to analyze said theories, from my own particular INTP vantage point, conspiracy theories are like temporarily entertaining thriller/espionage TV shows. They amuse (maybe have caused a week's worth of intrigue once) until the first hint of predictability. Do they scare me? No. Keep me up? No. If something really bad is happening, I'll figure it out when the wave actually hits me.

Bottom line: Any brain can come up with a good story that connects seemingly unrelated dots (Reference: "A Beautiful Mind"). Why would I ever allow myself to be mortally disturbed by someone else's probable fantasy?

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
If you want to speak to someone about the "Ni" function in action, the best bet is to go over to the INTJ or INFJ boards!

The basic of intuition is finding patterns, but Ni and Ne work differently. ;)

A potential analogy for intuition is a spider and its web.

The Ne-spider is there between the structures holding the web up, creating and expanding the web.

The Ni-spider is in the web, testing for vibrations.

Note: this analogy falls apart any farther than that.

Reactions: jennica

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
In the event of a blackhole, both Ni-spider and Ne-spider will die. The end.

Reactions: alexande

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Ni is what makes those wild New World Order Conspiracy theories you find with a quick google search.

Do you INTP's ever suffer from a similar problem with paranoia? Do you ever have to just get up and go do something else?
In conspiracy theories, the world is managed by an ultra-competent, but evil, World Conspiracy. In my world, the world is 'run' by people a lot like me, only stupider. I wish I lived in a conspiracy theory world. Really, I do. The paranoids are optimists, because at least they believe that Somebody is STEERING THE GODDAMN BOAT!!!!

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
In conspiracy theories, the world is managed by an ultra-competent, but evil World Conspiracy. In my world, the world is 'run' by people a lot like me, only stupider. I wish I lived in a conspiracy theory world. Really, I do. The paranoids are optimists, because at least they believe that Somebody is STEERING THE GODDAMN BOAT!!!!
Also, this times about a billion. As usual.

Reactions: crazyeddie

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
In conspiracy theories, the world is managed by an ultra-competent, but evil, World Conspiracy. In my world, the world is 'run' by people a lot like me, only stupider. I wish I lived in a conspiracy theory world. Really, I do. The paranoids are optimists, because at least they believe that Somebody is STEERING THE GODDAMN BOAT!!!!
I shall now forever call "conspiracy theorists" ... "cynical optimists". IE: THE INCOMPETENT BIG GOVERNMENT IS RUNNING MY LIFE!

Reactions: crazyeddie

·
Registered
864 Posts
I just dont care what the govt does....they are bunch of idiots trying to control us. Better to stay ignorant than getting it all into our heads and give them what they want.

·
MOTM September 2012
8,417 Posts
I just dont care what the govt does....they are bunch of idiots trying to control us. Better to stay ignorant than getting it all into our heads and give them what they want.
This is Ni in action.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Politics is a slowly marching line of clusterfucks, one after the other. Sometimes I doubt that the politicians know what they're doing. No wait, of course they don't.

Also, the world is run by omnipresent reptiles which can morph into people at will. BRB gonna go pop more acid.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts