Personality Cafe banner

I'm going crazy, need some INTP perspective

4K views 40 replies 19 participants last post by  virtualvortexrider 
#1 ·
So with all this talk about ron paul, US government corruption, NDAA 2012 supposedly allowing the detaining of US citizens indefinitely... What do you guys think of this? If I spend too much time thinking, and hanging out by myself, my Ni goes crazy and soon enough I'll become a survivalist. Ni is what makes those wild New World Order Conspiracy theories you find with a quick google search.

Do you INTP's ever suffer from a similar problem with paranoia? Do you ever have to just get up and go do something else?

#2 ·
INTP = Ne. :)

That is to say, introverted thinking with extroverted intuition.

#37 ·
I'm sorry, this may sound incredibly stupid, but what do all of these "Ne Fe" things mean in relation to our personalities? I've seen many people on this forum discussing it, but can't understand what it means. Does "Ne" stand for Intuition or something like that?

Reactions: koalaroo
#5 ·
Well, as I said INTPs use Ne and not Ni.

Ne is typically expansive and creative, whereas Ni finds patterns in a different way.

#9 ·
@koalaroo: Just give the poor SP a straight answer. lol.

@DJArendee: While I am not intending to be critical of your own need to analyze said theories, from my own particular INTP vantage point, conspiracy theories are like temporarily entertaining thriller/espionage TV shows. They amuse (maybe have caused a week's worth of intrigue once) until the first hint of predictability. Do they scare me? No. Keep me up? No. If something really bad is happening, I'll figure it out when the wave actually hits me.

Bottom line: Any brain can come up with a good story that connects seemingly unrelated dots (Reference: "A Beautiful Mind"). Why would I ever allow myself to be mortally disturbed by someone else's probable fantasy?

#10 ·
If you want to speak to someone about the "Ni" function in action, the best bet is to go over to the INTJ or INFJ boards!

The basic of intuition is finding patterns, but Ni and Ne work differently. ;)

A potential analogy for intuition is a spider and its web.

The Ne-spider is there between the structures holding the web up, creating and expanding the web.

The Ni-spider is in the web, testing for vibrations.

Note: this analogy falls apart any farther than that.

Reactions: jennica
#11 ·
In the event of a blackhole, both Ni-spider and Ne-spider will die. The end.

Reactions: alexande
#12 ·
Ni is what makes those wild New World Order Conspiracy theories you find with a quick google search.

Do you INTP's ever suffer from a similar problem with paranoia? Do you ever have to just get up and go do something else?
In conspiracy theories, the world is managed by an ultra-competent, but evil, World Conspiracy. In my world, the world is 'run' by people a lot like me, only stupider. I wish I lived in a conspiracy theory world. Really, I do. The paranoids are optimists, because at least they believe that Somebody is STEERING THE GODDAMN BOAT!!!!

#13 ·
In conspiracy theories, the world is managed by an ultra-competent, but evil World Conspiracy. In my world, the world is 'run' by people a lot like me, only stupider. I wish I lived in a conspiracy theory world. Really, I do. The paranoids are optimists, because at least they believe that Somebody is STEERING THE GODDAMN BOAT!!!!
Also, this times about a billion. As usual.

Reactions: crazyeddie
#17 ·
This is Ni in action.

#18 ·
Politics is a slowly marching line of clusterfucks, one after the other. Sometimes I doubt that the politicians know what they're doing. No wait, of course they don't.

Also, the world is run by omnipresent reptiles which can morph into people at will. BRB gonna go pop more acid.

#23 ·
My INTP perspective is that I don't give a fuck as long as it's interesting and puzzling. I'm actually hoping that magic, vampires, dragons, the Illuminati, and reptilian aliens are actually real.

The world is boring enough. I say bring on WWIII.

#33 ·
I'm not sure that INTP perspective would help someone in the middle of conspiracy theory paranoia.

conspiracy theorist: what if A, B, and C?!?! then we'll have X, Y, and Z!!! better go do this and that and the other!
INTP: that's one way of looking at it, but have you considered D, F, and Q? those could result in 1, V, and #! what could a person do then?
conspiracy theorist: AUGH;ASKDLFJA;!!!!
INTP: hehehe. my work here is done. next topic!

or maybe that's just me. ;)

#41 ·
I'm embarrassed to say that I have recently looked into several. Zeitgeist being one of them. They sound good at the beginning. However once you start digging and comparing their facts with your own experienced facts. Well then they don't have much foundation to stand on. So yes I'd almost also say I wish there was somebody intelligent steering the world.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.