Personality Cafe banner

I'm going to therapy soon.. Meds

910 11
Are the medications for anti-psychotics and anti-depressives worth it?

Do they actually help alleviate your depression is what I mean.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Lovely topic. It really depends what the issue is and what its reason for being is. People get depressed for various reasons is the reason something you have control over? Do you have reason to feel good about yourself? Are you going to wake up tomorrow a better person than you were today? Do you have goals? I'm going to assume the best of you and hope you are, are you actively working towards them? Whats your diet like? Medication is sometimes not required.. That's adding to the stack , maybe you just need to simplify and take something away possibly your forces are stretched thin.
Reactions: Yobi
Often times american diets lack vital nutrition I recommend supplementing with a vitamin for sure most people should and it can't do harm even if its not really needed. Sometimes vitamin deficiency actually leads to depression its like your body is a machine like a car motor has oil and needs oil if its low problems inevitable same with coolant gotta keep it all in prime working order. I write stuff down on a notepad and keep it with me with a pen any idea goes on that not because I think ill forget but just in case I do it's on paper. I recommend writing stuff down as well you can never be too organized. My philosophy is there is no magic pill that's going to solve problems sure it may mask the symptoms but you also get side effects. Nothing like venting or talking or planning or working towards goals and noting progress to take away some of the negativity. Try the happiness challenge! Every time you have a negative thought , realize it and think of a positive one, let no negative thoughts go unchecked. 30 day challenge if you skip one who cares just start over and work more diligently next time and smile!
Most pharmaceutical medications are poison to your body that's why there are side effects you have to keep things in perspective the human body isn't really used to having modern chemicals pumping through all day like what they put in fast food , water , a lot of things. If your going to learn a new way of being might as well spend that money on being healthy and talking to people for support since that is what a counselor is in the first place. That person listens to what you have to say , analyzes, and gives a suggestion. That's what most people do if you talk to them. Whether or not their suggestion is worthy of implementing is still up to you in the end. I definitely wouldn't take medication unless I had no other choice as in my methods and all options available have failed and i'm considering committing suicide, I see it as giving up on yourself, its just not an option to me. Maybe your different but I believe in you and believe you can do it!
Only you can hold yourself accountable in the end. Just take things slow one step at a time and recognize your progress as being a wonderful thing. Staying positive helps a lot too. I's sure that in time you will begin to get a hold of things and go from feeling like you need someone to push you to being completely independent about it all. The harder you work the greater the reward, and i'm not talking about money i'm referring to a sense of accomplishment and good things DO come to GOOD people. Open yourself to the possibility that you might just have everything under control on your own. If it makes things easier to digest think of Everything as the journey and not the destination. Every journey has lots of steps but they are easy and you can usually only do one thing at a time so getting overwhelmed about All of it is counter productive. I hope if anything I can in some way help you help yourself! Dont forget to SMILE :D
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.