Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello, i'm in doubt of my mbti, i know my functions, so i'm just wondering their organization. I can be istj or infp, since I know I'm an introvert. I always had my different feelings from my family, I don't feel very ambitious, but there are some times when I have fantasies in which I am like this. I feel distant from people, and to tell the truth I usually think that there is no problem with that and that I can live my life on my own because I have everything I need in myself. I'm good with data and with organization, but I also like ideas. There are details that I usually remember but they don't seem to have much to do with each other, some are affective memories others not. I had a lot of problems organizing myself during the first semesters of my college. Usually I don't finish the things I start, for example setting a goal of reading several math books to improve my situation in my course, well it's been 2 years since I stipulated this and I haven't started yet. I am empathic with people, but I am also individualistic and do not always want to help. I can be very connected with the environment that I see and feel comfortable when some environment seems to me a fantasy scenario. I can start talking and just never stop, and it is very common for me to fantasize about moving away from everyone and living just reading the books I want, or becoming a completely different and unfamiliar person to the people around me. I feel very attached to my own feelings to the point that some things important to others don't matter to me and sometimes I feel selfish because it seems to me only my feelings matter. I can see a lot of futures for myself and most of them I can see myself getting happy, but I also usually just imagine good things happening to me. I don't know if I can work with many things, because I have a hard time studying more than 4 subjects per semester, but whenever I go to study I have several other things that are not study things happening at the same time and I can deal with them. I am absurdly easy to hurt, in high school several people knew me as crybaby, since whenever I felt ashamed or pressure I cried. My boyfriend loves to tell jokes and some of them hurt me or make me angry. When I get angry I explode with anyone around me criticizing the person. Every time I go out I have a lot of expectations about what can happen exciting and I find myself imagining a lot of possible futures for me, but all these possibilities of the future are not definitive for me, I don't control my life very much and I usually let others make decisions for me, especially my parents, I don't care much because I have a feeling that at the end of the day none of that matters since I can still be myself and have the things I like. The only thing I can control is my method of study and yet it still has some flaws because of my procastination. I wouldn't mind living in a small town like my current one, but I definitely want to know new things. oh, one more thing that I remembered, I usually get sick of things / people and drop them, but I always keep a little affection for everything that I did some day. I also usually understand the feelings of others, but I have more interest in mine. If you can help me I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You definitely sound like an INFP to me. It's funny because I'm an INFP who mistyped as ISTJ for a long time so I might be biased but I relate to many of the things you wrote.

There's a lot of Fi and Ne projection - you talk about being your own person, being deeply connected to and mainly focusing on your emotions, but also a keen awareness of others' feelings, too. Then, fantasising and imagining different identities and lives for yourself - screams Ne to me. I should know. I do this all the time!

Some Te also - you seem to assert your Fi using this but you struggled in the past with organisation - this is pretty typical of inferior Te. You also felt overwhelmed by and found situations involving conflict difficult. It's a fickle relationship between dom Fi and inf Te.
I know I always have a panic attack/mild breakdown whenever I deal with conflict, however, for me, this tends to happen when the conflict is more personal and concerning me as an individual. If it's impersonal conflict I'm generally fine, as long as it's not too in your face if you know what I mean..? What's your take on this?

On the other hand you might not be an INFP but actually an ENFP or even ISFP. The two Fi doms, INFP & ISFP, have a lot of similarities although the Ne/Si and Se/Ni divide makes quite a difference. Similarly ENFP is basically an extroverted INFP with a higher priority on Ne. Have you considered these types?

Sorry for rambling, I tend to go on and on when I talk about MBTI..or anything really!

Reactions: myuhyu

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Conflicts have always been difficult for me, especially during the early teens, I've been through very complicated situations with other people and let my friends help me and take care of everything because I just couldn't handle the criticism and gossip. Most of the conflicts that affect me on a personal level make me very stressed and I start to dislike everything that I think has hurt me and criticize many things around me, usually this happens when I get uncomfortable with myself as an individual, it may sound strange but that's when I feel like I'm being heavily influenced by the people around me and I'm not who I was before. I went through high stress a year ago and became obsessed with details and control all around me, and I was never like that, now I'm getting back to my usual mood and feel much better, it was too exhausting for me the whole situation. The competitive and overproductive environment was hurting me severely. I get into impersonal conflicts only if they ask for my help or I see that I need help, usually all I do when my friends are sad about something is listen to what they have to say and try to make it clear that their feelings are valid and that it is their right to feel, I try to think of solutions but sometimes I can't, I always listen to them and I try not to judge, I tend to be empathic, but I feel I can't do much but listen.

I thought for a long time it was isfp, but my sister is esfp and I often feel she doesn't understand me well, we get along very well however our interests are very different, I like art and always wanted to have a connection with the artists that I admire, she is already interested in video games, she has millions of friends and I've always been more focused on my own world, but we can both talk a lot and definitely have different points of view from our parents. I also already considered to be enfp, basically I considered myself all kinds lol I wanted to have several options, but I can't see myself as much extrovert, I can get along with my parents and friends, but I've had a week when I was always surrounded of people and I had little time left alone, it bothered me a lot at the time, it was fun but I felt like I was unavailable to myself. But I also love to discuss ideas and when I have an idea myself I like to spend the day discussing and refining the concept, even if later that idea gets tucked deep in some drawer. I think I'm not an isfp because of the functions, I feel a certain nostalgia for the past and I like old things, since I was a child I was hypnotized by my mother's old dolls. When I write something I usually let the story itself be written and I discard things over time, my sister seems to have a notion where things start and end, I prefer to play with the idea and adapt it if it feels necessary.

My doubts really are about istj and infp, I feel that both my SI and FI are strong, I read that istj prefer to do things in advance, well me too, but if I have to write an article in one night I probably can, I used to leave everything from school to the last moment and I just don't leave it in college because I know this will be bad for my studies, this is probably my biggest fear because I usually have many doubts about my intellectual capacity, especially because I can't store millions of information, but I have a desire to learn. I feel a little distant from the definitions of infp, I'm kind and love to see personal relationships going on between people, but I definitely don't carry some infp stereotypes. Between istj and infp I would say that I look more like infp, because of my desire for individuality and self-awareness, but several times people have told me that I seemed distant and cold, and I think I'm a little bit really, but I really like acts of kindness. So I get between these two types.

How do you interact with your SI?

Don't worry about long answers I prefer them.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
This guy is an ISTJ. Do you relate to him a lot? He talks a lot about his ISTJ usage of Fi too, which is helpful. Fi in ISTJ tends to be more rigid and wishful thinking, and their actions tend to be more practical. I think Fi doms are going to be the ones that actually follow their heart and see those values through (idealism as opposed to practicality)? I also read that Fi dom is going to be a lot more nuanced and differing in shades as opposed to ISTJ’s Fi, which could seem quite intense but also quite rigid in that they’re more stubborn and close themselves off more when it comes to their own personal values.

https://youtu.be/HLzeMznnkWU

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Just drop the functions and use the letters. When you use the functions it becomes impossible to type yourself. Notice how people who type by function are constantly changing their type and people who type by letters aren't.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts