Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I"m new to the forum. I am an ENTJ according to the jung test online. My wife is a slightly introverted isfj with high numbers on the s and j.

We seem to get along pretty well for the most part but after reading things on here i am learning a lot about her as well as myself.

My daughter is going to do her senior project on the differing personality types so i'm going to help gather some info for her so if any of you wouldn't mind answering a few questions regaurding your personalities i would be greatful.

1. Do isfj's as a personallity type like behaviors like smoking or drinking or are those able to be related or categorized by types?

2. Are most or all isfj's animal lovers?

3. Do isfj's fantacize inwardly about sexual encounters and if so do they ever verbalize them?

4. what do the numbers on the letters indicate on the test?

·
Registered
16 Posts
questions for the isfj

-I typically don't drink or smoke, although I have no problem with other people enjoying themselves while doing that, I prefer to simply not partake in those things.
-I love animals very much.. I have four cats at home, two of them were twins born on valentine's day '08, another one my friend gave me, and the oldest one my dad took in from outside.
-I've never had sex before, and I know it sounds cliche, but when I do, it's def. gonna be when I'm married or when I'm in a long-term serious relationship with someone I can trust :)
-Mypersonality.com gave me 74% Int, 63%Sensing, 58% Feeling, and 53% Judging.

·
Registered
878 Posts
1. I don't smoke, not because I have any actual issue with it (although the fact that it's unhealthy does put me off a bit) but because someone tried to force me to do it when I was younger and I am very stubborn and refused and said I never would -- and I never have. Drinking, however, I do :laughing: I don't get drunk generally, and I don't drink often but on social occasions if people are drinking I will definitely join in.

2. I don't love animals per se, but I do feel like my home is incomplete without a cat around. Pretty much every other type of animal I don't really like, though I do get very upset when I see/hear of people mistreating them. If we are using animals for our own benefits we have a responsibility to treat them properly.

3. Yes, but no I don't verbalise them not even to my husband :blushed:

4. They indicate the strength of your preference for that 'letter' as far as I understand it. So I am a highly expressed I, very low S, high F and moderate J. For me it's just a way to know how much I use of each part. I figure that the closer to being balanced on all of them I am the healthier I will be mentally so my aim is to close the gaps on all of them the way I have on the S/N divide.

·
Registered
109 Posts
1. Do isfj's as a personallity type like behaviors like smoking or drinking or are those able to be related or categorized by types?

3. Do isfj's fantacize inwardly about sexual encounters and if so do they ever verbalize them?

1.) I don't smoke cigs or tobacco in general, way too much cost for way too little return. I drink sometimes but not often. There is too much somatic damage for too little emotional/mental/spiritual gain. I'm not as opposed to other substances.

2.) Yeah, I love animals. No pets, though. Dogs are great.

3.) Hell yeah, and the large majority of them never get verbalized. It's out of fear really.

4.) Not sure what mine are, I'm self-diagnosed.

·
Registered
44 Posts

4. what do the numbers on the letters indicate on the test?[/QUOTE]

1. No, I dont like smoking or drinking but I have tried them both. I like to maintan control of my actions. Not that Im a control freak or anything I just like stability. And as it was mentioned before I too strive for balance in every area in my life as well as health in every area.
2. I do like animals but not for too long or in my house.
3.Not usually. I am a virgin and am too waiting for marriage. Also I have been refered to as almost perfect and pure. I dont have sexual fantacies and none of that but if I did I probably would be embarrased to say.
4.My numbers are something like
Introverted 33% Sensing 25% Feeling 12% Judging 56%

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
Hi everyone. I"m new to the forum. I am an ENTJ according to the jung test online. My wife is a slightly introverted isfj with high numbers on the s and j.

We seem to get along pretty well for the most part but after reading things on here i am learning a lot about her as well as myself.

My daughter is going to do her senior project on the differing personality types so i'm going to help gather some info for her so if any of you wouldn't mind answering a few questions regaurding your personalities i would be greatful.

Simple answer is no. There may be a vague link between personality types and such behaviours, but it's vague at best. If there's a link I'd say ISFJ's don't like "bad behaviours", but bad would also depend on what is generally accepted. Smoking and excessive drinking are the biggest turn offs for me personally.
This also has a very vague link to personality type. If there's a link I'd say yes, we like animals (but some will still say no to animals because they cause a mess.)
Well yes, like "everyone" does. I think ISFJ's are a bit prudish, generally, and so most wouldn't speak of their fantasies unless very comfortable.
Hmm which test? I suppose it indicates how likely it is that you are an I or an E and the same for the other letters. S/N, F/T, P/J.
Those are weird questions but I'll answer them anyways, like a good boy.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If there's a link I'd say ISFJ's don't like "bad behaviours", but bad would also depend on what is generally accepted.
I'm not sure that it is tied to what is generally accepted exactly, but more about what the ISFJ is used to in their past. There are a lot of generally accepted 'bad' behaviours that don't bother me at all (drinking is one), and there are a lot of so-called 'good' behaviours that do bother me and that I will never adhere to no matter what society says simply because my upbringing taught me that they are 'bad' (I'm thinking things like religious fervour here). So I don't think it's as simple as we follow society's rules. Our own personal background, at least in my case, is a much more important factor.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

1. Hard to say...Depends on the scenario. Concerning drinking, I enjoy geting drunk with friends, or just casually having a glass of wine with a nice meal. I'm not particularly fond of the idea of going out to clubs and drinking and so forth however. Ciggarette smoke makes me feel grumpy depending on the brand, if someone really charismatic and intruiguing was smoking and giving me googely eyes, and smoking like they were smokin' - >_> <_< - I'd probably find it attractive. I've not tried smoking for what it's worth.

2. I guess I do rather like animals - doesn't most of the human race? There are some I'm not so keen on, but generally I love to be around them. Cats, moths, horses, mostly doesn't matter what.

3. I used to feel guilty about certain types of fantasies - pretty innocent ones, conversely the rather darker, masochistic ones felt normal and safe - A thought or a feeling is an action, in my mind. These days yes, though I'm still a little, if not fairly hesitant, awkward and parranoied about those concerning anyone I've ever met in real life.

As for verbalising, it'd definately have to be the right situation. If I was into the idea of dating, I can imagine being married for years without ever telling my SO. Though in a group setting where the focus isn't so much on me, I'd probably be less unconfortable about it. Sexual fantasies are like extra personal stories, and there's always a concern of how appropriate it is in conversation, considering what relationships and roles there are.

If I was to share, three things the other person has some control over - If I was to share about most things really - 1. I want to feel like you want the conversation to go in this direction, 2. I want such a specific and personal/private direction to be eased into - I'm not just walking blind into a sea with changeable and sharp slopes down, - 3. I want to be sure that this will not negatively effect, and probably not even remotely change our current dynamic/the tone of our relationship.

4. Mine go something like (On a scale from -100% to 100% with 0% in the middle) -
I - 75%-80%,
S - 60-66%,
F - 73%,
J - 0%

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I'm not sure that it is tied to what is generally accepted exactly, but more about what the ISFJ is used to in their past. There are a lot of generally accepted 'bad' behaviours that don't bother me at all (drinking is one), and there are a lot of so-called 'good' behaviours that do bother me and that I will never adhere to no matter what society says simply because my upbringing taught me that they are 'bad' (I'm thinking things like religious fervour here). So I don't think it's as simple as we follow society's rules. Our own personal background, at least in my case, is a much more important factor.
That's true, I'm just the same. I was just taking into account what I speculate the majority of people, SJs, ISFJs in particular may care about.. I was thinking that SJs tend to be a bit community oriented, perhaps? And it's not about following rules, but more along the lines of general concensus or what your family/surroundings think.. (Feels like I'm digging myself deep:laughing:)

Anyways I get your point:happy:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
My 'family' isn't necessarily those biologically close to me, though that can play a part considering how long we've known each other, and the fact I'm sure of those relationships. It's not even totally people...It's sources I trust and things I've grown up with - my 'own personal back ground' as sts06 says, also, my own personal code of logic and ethics, which I've built up partially from these sources.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you so far for the insights. My wife is an isfj and i'm an entj so reading the answers is giving me insight into our relationship.

To me fantacizing is a part of living. I don't like behaviors like smoking and drinking on a consistant basis but i'm always up for breaking the rules a bit or crossing the lines.

As far as animals she loves them and I hate them. To me it's a responcibility that we don't need and to her they are a natural part of life. Overall we get along very well. looking for new answers as well just thanking those of you who already posted. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts