Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that ENTJs (and probably some other types) completely change after they are married. They seem to figure they have done all their "work", and now they own their spouse. They become much more dictator-like.

Have any of you had similar experiences? Do you understand the mindset? What other types do this (if any)?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Type stereotyping strikes again.

Yep that's what this MBTI thing is all about.

I like how nobody can talk about this subject at all, even if you don't do it yourself.

Speaking of which, what do you do yourself to be a good spouse?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I cant say I relate to the thread topic, unless I am misunderstanding it.

The concept of "ownership" involving a relationship (ie: I own my partner), I find somewhat degrading and insulting to both myself and my partner.
It indicates that I like someone to serve me, therefore making myself seem incapable of doing things on my own.
Having someone do things for me all the time makes me uncomfortable.
Also, it makes the other person look like a server, to which that itself implies someone who has no convictions of their own.
That's difficult for me to respect.

1) Choosing a partner based off of equal mindsets and attributes, to me, is much more rewarding.
2) Ownership of a partner is boring.
3) Ownership of a person in general is boring.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Well, this raises an important question of the marriage dynamic for ENTJs at the very least. Society doesn't really press the dictator thing, but it happens anyway, but I hear more guardian horror stories than ones involving ENTJs. (NTs are fewer though)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well, this raises an important question of the marriage dynamic for ENTJs at the very least. Society doesn't really press the dictator thing, but it happens anyway, but I hear more guardian horror stories than ones involving ENTJs. (NTs are fewer though)
At the risk of sounding "typist", I have also heard the same.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How is an ENTJ "done trying" if he or she becomes more "dictator-like"? That actually would be classed as trying with extra enthusiasm ]

LOL, you got me. What I really mean by that is that the ENTJ is spending much less time and "quality effort" with their spouse. In order to still keep them "in line", they end up yelling and acting more dictator-like in the interactions they do have.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
LOL, you got me. What I really mean by that is that the ENTJ is spending much less time and "quality effort" with their spouse. In order to still keep them "in line", they end up yelling and acting more dictator-like in the interactions they do have.
That would be called an "American marriage".

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
(#1) I have noticed that ENTJs (and probably some other types) completely change after they are married. They seem to figure they have done all their "work", and now they own their spouse. They become much more dictator-like.

Have any of you had similar experiences? Do you understand the mindset? (#2) What other types do this (if any)?
#1 How have you noticed? Are you married to one? If you are, well then I'm sorry for your situation. If you are not, then stop simplifying people. It sounds naive.

#2 How are we supposed to know? Do we run an exclusive country club for dictator spouses?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
#1 How have you noticed? Are you married to one? If you are, well then I'm sorry for your situation. If you are not, then stop simplifying people. It sounds naive.

#2 How are we supposed to know? Do we run an exclusive country club for dictator spouses?

I am very surprised by the reactions to this thread. You guys seem to be extremely sensitive. i guess I hit a pressure point here.

I have yet to get a thorough answer, regarding ENTJs or people who change demeanor after marriage. Odd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
... your question sucks, and you already have a preconceived answer.

Really?

Asking about relationships where one partner immediately begins putting in less effort after marrying? Seeing if anyone can relate to this mindset or have experienced something similar? Possibly getting a comment on type.

These questions suck?

and I guess, yea I have a preconceived answer, lets just look at my first post.....

I have noticed that ENTJs (and probably some other types) completely change after they are married. They seem to figure they have done all their "work", and now they own their spouse. They become much more dictator-like.

Have any of you had similar experiences? Do you understand the mindset? What other types do this (if any)?

AND ENTJs ARE ALL WIFE-BEATERS, ALCOHOLICS, AND WORKAHOLICS. DON'T HAVE KIDS YOU HAVE NO SOULS YOU BASTARDS.

I guess I could have rephrased the question in a more tactful manner to get good responses.

Anyway, please keep responding with comments that don't add anything to the thread and just waste your time writing and my time reading. Although I do like arguing about it.....

·
Registered
648 Posts
I am very surprised by the reactions to this thread. You guys seem to be extremely sensitive. i guess I hit a pressure point here.

I have yet to get a thorough answer, regarding ENTJs or people who change demeanor after marriage. Odd
As was already mentioned, the question is stupid, or rather, the assumption is stupid.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.