Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after long deliberation, 5 different type results, and the making of an ENFP video,
i believe i'm actually an INFP.

But this thread is mostly about taking issue with the INFP description.

The general consensus of MBTI is:

INFPs are spaced out, dreamy and emotional, and it leads to frustration and brooding.
ENFPs are spaced out, dreamy and emotional, and it gives them a peculiar charm.

INFPs can't deal with impersonal logic, and trying to makes them withdraw.
ENFPs can't deal with impersonal logic, and so they give everything a wonderful personality.

INFPs never leave their own head.
ENFPs never leave their imagination.

as accepting as the forum is of INFP's, INFP DESCRIPTIONS SUCK.
We have many of the same qualities, they're just portrayed without the pizazz.
maybe i just wanted to be an ENFP based on their wonderful, wonderful description. :sad:

Well... Maybe I'm exaggerating.

...and maybe this should be in the INFP section.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
It's ok ENFPs are cool but INFPs are just as amazing. I had a identity crisis once where I though I was ENFJ or ENFP

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yeah, i had a tough time deciding whether I'm INFP or ENFP. I agree that it must be about the descriptions

a lot of INFPs on here seem wayyyyyyyyyyyy more introverted than i am. in some ways it's easier for me to relate to the posts i see on here than it is the in the INFP section.

but i'm almost positive i am an INFP. i don't mind being alone (prefer it some of the time) and i get worn out from too much socializing. and growing up i was shy, though i'm pretty much over that now. i feel like most people i meet nowadays would probably call me an extrovert. i think i just must be an INFP that is more outgoing..

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I feel like I'm the only person whose never been confused about my type.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I feel like I'm the only person whose never been confused about my type.
I think you might be! I find that incredibly unbelievable, you must be the unfiltered embodiment of the ENFP spirit. Hooray!

Or perhaps you adquired knowledge of the Myers Brigg when you were more mature/self actualized.

You tell us

·
Registered
138 Posts
Screw MBTI, just live your life man !:crazy:
That's ultimate outlook I'd support! All types are fantastic in their own ways, but we, in the end, are our own individuals beyond that. We're more then just descriptions and such, though they are helpful for self-discovery.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
after long deliberation, 5 different type results, and the making of an ENFP video,
i believe i'm actually an INFP.

But this thread is mostly about taking issue with the INFP description.

The general consensus of MBTI is:

INFPs are spaced out, dreamy and emotional, and it leads to frustration and brooding.
ENFPs are spaced out, dreamy and emotional, and it gives them a peculiar charm.

INFPs can't deal with impersonal logic, and trying to makes them withdraw.
ENFPs can't deal with impersonal logic, and so they give everything a wonderful personality.

INFPs never leave their own head.
ENFPs never leave their imagination.

as accepting as the forum is of INFP's, INFP DESCRIPTIONS SUCK.
We have many of the same qualities, they're just portrayed without the pizazz.
maybe i just wanted to be an ENFP based on their wonderful, wonderful description. :sad:

Well... Maybe I'm exaggerating.

...and maybe this should be in the INFP section.
Oh..that makes me an ENFP. :shocked:

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,207 Posts
I've never been confused about my type. For one thing, I took the test in a very controlled university environment as part of my psychology degree. Secondly, I scored very high in all ENFP attributes, though the E/I split was more like 13/11 on the scale. However, being the most introverted of the extroverts that hardly confused me about my type...

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I think you might be! I find that incredibly unbelievable, you must be the unfiltered embodiment of the ENFP spirit. Hooray!

Or perhaps you adquired knowledge of the Myers Brigg when you were more mature/self actualized.

You tell us
Well true, I already knew myself well before discovering MBTI and had gone through major life hurdles. I had already spent most of my life learning about myself.

Plus, I was in a position of inspiring many people. So it made sense.

I never felt MBTI was the ultimate in defining me. I define me. So I never got freaked out about it anyway.

And as far as tests, I have taken a million of them. I would even try to purposely change the way I respond, but I have never come up with anything other than ENFP.

But the reality is, I'm so old and I have worked with therapists long enough, I believe I have use of most of the functions. For instance, Se was something my therapist purposely helped me with when I was 29.

So there you go. Love being an ENFP ho hum....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How are you so sure?
was this aimed at me?

WELL.
after i spend a long time with people in a social way (upwards of 4 hours), i go home and sleep. sometimes when people talk, i feel a negative vibe, and i just completely tune them out. Also, i like waking up at 5:30 and going for hour long solitary walks before the sun rises and people get up.

I thought i was an E, because i feel good while i'm having good conversation, when i'm at the center of attention, and when i connect with people. and energized for a while afterward.

but i suppose thats most people, regardless of E/I

honestly, i'm stimulated by either isolation, or positive social interaction. but i need both.

XNFP? =/

also, in contrast to Pinkrasputin, i only just turned 18. so my self-identity's still shifty, i guess. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
What types have you ENFPs thought you may have been in the past?

I initially tested as ENFJ on some online test I found randomly. I then forgot about MBTI until college when I tested as ENFP and it fit but I then went through a phase where I was *extremely* depressed and antisocial and it turned into INFP. I realized that while I relate to INFPs, they are content with the things I do in a state of depression and knew that ENFP fits me much better. Every so often though I re examine my type. I've also considered ISFP and very briefly ESFP but none of them fit me as well as ENFP and I shall doubt my type no logner. :tongue:

·
Registered
601 Posts
was this aimed at me?

WELL.
after i spend a long time with people in a social way (upwards of 4 hours), i go home and sleep. sometimes when people talk, i feel a negative vibe, and i just completely tune them out. Also, i like waking up at 5:30 and going for hour long solitary walks before the sun rises and people get up.

I thought i was an E, because i feel good while i'm having good conversation, when i'm at the center of attention, and when i connect with people. and energized for a while afterward.

but i suppose thats most people, regardless of E/I

honestly, i'm stimulated by either isolation, or positive social interaction. but i need both.

XNFP? =/

also, in contrast to Pinkrasputin, i only just turned 18. so my self-identity's still shifty, i guess. :mellow:
Perhaps if we put it to a perspective test... if you were, say, a Chilean miner and you were stuck in undergrpund hole for three months. would you rather be stuck alone or with 33 other miners who wont allow you any sense of privacy.

If you still cannot decide, You could be one of those rare beasts: the ambiverts...

Oh, but the horror is just too unspeakable! :laughing:

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Perhaps if we put it to a perspective test... if you were, say, a Chilean miner and you were stuck in undergrpund hole for three months. would you rather be stuck alone or with 33 other miners who wont allow you any sense of privacy.

If you still cannot decide, You could be one of those rare beasts: the ambiverts...

Oh, but the horror is just too unspeakable! :laughing:
I don't think that is a very good test. Even though I'm an extrovert, I keep the world at a distance except for a few rare individuals.

I need my private space. Someone in my space all the time would kill me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well true, I already knew myself well before discovering MBTI and had gone through major life hurdles. I had already spent most of my life learning about myself.

Plus, I was in a position of inspiring many people. So it made sense.

I never felt MBTI was the ultimate in defining me. I define me. So I never got freaked out about it anyway.

And as far as tests, I have taken a million of them. I would even try to purposely change the way I respond, but I have never come up with anything other than ENFP.

But the reality is, I'm so old and I have worked with therapists long enough, I believe I have use of most of the functions. For instance, Se was something my therapist purposely helped me with when I was 29.

So there you go. Love being an ENFP ho hum....
I love it, too.
On a good day I feel like I won the lottery to life.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I don't think that is a very good test. Even though I'm an extrovert, I keep the world at a distance except for a few rare individuals.

I need my private space. Someone in my space all the time would kill me.
So you would pick complete solitud?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts