Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always functioned better under pressure. I think faster, more accurately and have way better answers in stressful situations. And that's NOMAL! Stress is a good thing!

People have been acting like I'm the crazy one for years. It's not, they just have negative reactions to their body under stress that I happen to enjoy.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
The only time when it's irritating is when other people micromanage everything that you do. Think parents, teachers, or paranoid managers who think they're helping but are just getting in the way. The opposite is also true; the absence of stress breeds lethargy. The feeling of butterflies can mean impending doom or a hot date.

Take the idea further and say that stress is necessary.

Reactions: monemi

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yay for nomality!!! :tongue:
I'm rarely naturally normal. Obviously I fake it pretty good, but this is where I usually get told what a freak I am. When no one has a clue what's going on and they're all stressed and pissy and I've got a big arse grin on my face. And then I get told I'm a freak. :unsure: I once went to an interview and during the interview, I told them that I was going to my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary in 2 months. I already had the plane tickets and they said they were okay with it. The week before, I confirmed that I would be gone for 2 weeks and he said, that they hadn't figured out who would cover me, so I couldn't go. I said I was still going. He said he'd fire me if I went. I told him to fire me. He fired me. It thought it was pretty exciting. I was going on vacation, I didn't have a job and I had no clue how I would cover rent when I got back. My boss offered me my job back when I came home. Of course, he'd already proven what a jerk he was, so I went and found job somewhere else a few days later and with a better boss.

It's fine if other people find being fired upsetting. But I'm not a freak if I don't. I just cope well with pressure.

Reactions: PaladinX

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I appear to be the opposite way. When given ample time with no pressure, I usually get things done in a bit more time but also far more accurately. That and I don't feel completely drained as a result. But I wish I was more like you! I can't seem to harness that stress and turn it into anything but some kind of implosion.

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appear to be the opposite way. When given ample time with no pressure, I usually get things done in a bit more time but also far more accurately. That and I don't feel completely drained as a result. But I wish I was more like you! I can't seem to harness that stress and turn it into anything but some kind of implosion.
On the opposite side of the coin. If I ample time, I don't do anything. I just goof off.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm like this too! I always liked deadlines, tough situations, crises...I see them as challenges that push me to be the best I can be, and I don't see them as stressful but exciting! It's like overly lax conditions simply don't inspire me, I just use them as opportunies to be silly and have fun :)

Reactions: monemi

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
I once went to an interview and during the interview, I told them that I was going to my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary in 2 months. I already had the plane tickets and they said they were okay with it. The week before, I confirmed that I would be gone for 2 weeks and he said, that they hadn't figured out who would cover me, so I couldn't go. I said I was still going. He said he'd fire me if I went. I told him to fire me. He fired me. It thought it was pretty exciting. I was going on vacation, I didn't have a job and I had no clue how I would cover rent when I got back. My boss offered me my job back when I came home. Of course, he'd already proven what a jerk he was, so I went and found job somewhere else a few days later and with a better boss.
Wow, that's awesome. Any tips for how others can be more like you? How do you gain that kind of self-confidence? Is it something that can be gained or is it innate?

Also, what is the gif in your signature from? I am trying to figure out what is going on there, lol.

As for me, I work badly under too much pressure AND under not enough pressure. There has to be just the right amount of "fuck, everything is going to go to shit if I don't get it done NOW and properly." Oh also I am only motivated by fear of failure or public embarrassment. And I have high anxiety for stuff like job interviews (finally had a job interview today where I didn't throw up beforehand, and that was only because I thought I wasn't going to get the job anyway). I wish I could become one of those people who get things done way ahead of the deadline, but... *points to the letter P in INFP*.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Wow, that's awesome. Any tips for how others can be more like you? How do you gain that kind of self-confidence? Is it something that can be gained or is it innate?

Also, what is the gif in your signature from? I am trying to figure out what is going on there, lol.

As for me, I work badly under too much pressure AND under not enough pressure. There has to be just the right amount of "fuck, everything is going to go to shit if I don't get it done NOW and properly." Oh also I am only motivated by fear of failure or public embarrassment. And I have high anxiety for stuff like job interviews (finally had a job interview today where I didn't throw up beforehand, and that was only because I thought I wasn't going to get the job anyway). I wish I could become one of those people who get things done way ahead of the deadline, but... *points to the letter P in INFP*.
One tip: stay in the present. Don't think of stuff like "fuck everything is going to ..." :)

·
Registered
8,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I saw my parents do a lot more daring things than that growing up. Sometimes it paid off. Sometimes it didn't. You improvise, right? I think it's just the amount of experience you have taking chances and seeing how often you figured something out.

I have no idea, but they make me smile. I want to run around and look like an idiot with them. Let's not and say we did.

My motivation is that I love a challenge. I love competition. And I love seeing competence in action. I don't mind if someone is better at something than me. It's great to see someone who knows what they're doing, doing what they're good at. I want to give my best. And I'm pretty good at procrastination. I have laundry to put away and I'm ignoring it. I hope it goes away.

I have a harder time with the day to day stuff. That's why I prefer more stressful jobs. No opportunity to goof off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts