Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've always been the quiet shy type. Was picked on my whole childhood for my speech impediment. I'm wondering if this caused me to become more introverted? I normally sit and observe people when I am new to a group, but usually become very vocal and entusiastic with my close friends. I get along with all types of people, except for the truly ignorant. They annoy me. My dad is an INFJ also, so I'm wondering if I was just a really good listener and picked up a lot of what he was telling me? Most of the knowledge I have is because I surrounded myself with intelligent people and gleamed their knowledge through conversation. Over the years it has added up quite well. So basically my question is can you still be an ENFJ if you're really shy? And by really shy I mean I just don't open up with total strangers, although I love conversing with anyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
maybe you should take one of the tests that tells you what percentage you are in introvert, and extrovert, it might help you understand it, because you could have a high percentage of extrovert but your introvert percentage is higher. :proud:

Want to hug and hi-five?
CAN I HAVE A HUG!??!?!?! :happy:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
maybe you should take one of the tests that tells you what percentage you are in introvert, and extrovert, it might help you understand it, because you could have a high percentage of extrovert but your introvert percentage is higher. :proud:

CAN I HAVE A HUG!??!?!?! :happy:
Sure...... (((( ))))))

·
Registered
266 Posts
So basically my question is can you still be an ENFJ if you're really shy? And by really shy I mean I just don't open up with total strangers, although I love conversing with anyone.
Introverted means that you work at optimal level when there is no one around you. Extroverted means the exact opposite. Do you prefer to be alone when working or do you prefer to have people? I work better when people around me since it helps me think better and when I talk to others about some of my problems that I am working on, it helps me understand better. Some people work better alone. So yes, there are "shy" ENFJs who may need a boost in talking to people as well as outgoing INFJs. I know of both, despite the fact that they may be switched. I did talk to them about their work habits. The result: the INFJ likes works better alone while the ENFJ likes working with friends. That is my insight for now...:happy:

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like working around people because I pick up the energy from them and it helps keep my spirits up. If I'm by myself I just spend the whole time thinking. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. But I always strike up a conversation if someone is around.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
As INFJ I find I can be stubborn pursuing internal vision of my own. Usually the vision is a long-term strategy that is aligned with what I think would be good from the group as a whole. And I am not afraid of raising some conflict and butting heads over it with other people who disagree. ENFJs I find are much less likely to raise any conflict in the group as they find it much more distasteful than I do. They are more likely to get persuaded that their internal vision are wrong in such circumstances and not pursue them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts