Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Hope ur all fine n dandy :laughing:

Im querying stuff ok....bear with me this might get a little confusing...

Im looking into my decisions, or rather, lack of ability to make them....ive stumbled across a rather helpful page that explains that when making decisions, we first and foremost, use our intuition to tackle the problem (whatever the decisions we are trying to make). Using our intuition we start a line of questioning within ourselves to understand the 'why' (LOL!....I have to laugh it sounds bloody ridiculous doesn't it...but there we go...on with the story)...we have to make sure we are efficient and so have to understand it COMPLETELY by analysing thoughts, finding connections and patterns... yes?

So on to my question, in my struggle to understand my decision making process I am using my intuition again...to understand COMPLETELY the why of the functions and decision making process.....Am i not going to drive myself crazy.....And i realise by posting this that I am also feeding the intuition (by gathering further facts and making more connections, from your replies....but don't let that stop you!).

Hahaha, im just curious if anyone has any dealings with this or insight please....I feel its me and that I need to understand, but perhaps I really shouldn't be...because...well i don't know, because that my dominate function and maybe I should be developing the others (but to develop i need to engage intuition do I not?)

I feel like if i completely understand the processes i go through for decision making, i may be able to make them better and be....wait for it...more efficient...oh dear, i really worry i might end up giving myself a personality disorder....IM SERIOUS!!

Ahhhh...i could swear, but I won't :tongue:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I'm not sure I get it. You mean you over-analyze?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not sure I get it. You mean you over-analyze?
Yes thats very likely, from what Ive read it kind of part of the deal for ENFPs isn't it - To understand the bigger picture...using intuition to over analyse the potential solutions to a decision in order to make the right decision for you....and in fact, im doing it right now, in order to understand the decision making process trying to make it easier, im analysing the why and how of the mechanics of decision making....because im shockingly bad at it! lol

Maybe I am just over analysing....but you know, the MBTI stuff/personal growth is all about analysing is it not?

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
To me it's just too much noise in my head, until it actually comes time to make the decision -- I just plunge in. Is that intuition?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think intuition is the catalyst that drives are decision making process....to gather data, to compare, to check it fits with our values/feelings/personal morals etc....The other side of it is implusiveness I suppose, maybe somehow linked with intuition, i dont know? I really could go on for hours looking into this but i doubt its healthy....its just the curious little thing I am! :laughing: Thinking of a career in philosophy maybe...laaaaaaaaaaaah!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TADA!

The impulsiveness or the straightforwardness of the ENFP is because of the ENFPs cognitive combination. We have the Perceiving trait, which as we know is something that brings about a sense of spontaneity. ENFP is also an NF with extroverted Intuition and introverted feeling. Because of this combination of extroversion, feeling and intuition, I don't think it is our very weak extroverted thinking function that does much at all, but the combination of our dominant and auxiliary functions that make us impulsive, spontaneous and too-the-point.
Its because we don't 'think' .....DUR! Im making myself laugh now.....im sure i could have worked that out if id 'thought' about it a bit more DANG! :blushed::blushed::blushed:

Seriously, am I just being very very dense tonight or something? :tongue:

Reactions: starri

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Intuition is Ne. I just meant it feels like I dumb down all the noise and in the end just jump xD

It's still very weird reading something that explains how my specific brain works.

What I do know for sure, is that I hate choices. Like even choosing between colors of nailpolish is a problem xD

Reactions: ENFPie

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Haha i know...it makes me not comfortable with myself...

Its like that noise in my head is my functions (and possibly shadow functions) arguing it out in my head...like its makes trying to make sense of everything in my own little ENFP way.... it bothers me a bit, I want to understand why the noise is there, I want to break it down, so I understand what the noises mean....like a load of kids all talking different languages all at once, i want to know the languages so i can understand them better...I just feel it would make me more comfortable with myself....Am i alone because I feel like I am....maybe its specific to ENFPs this 'noise'...would love some more views on this...i might go and poke a few ppl...oh wait no, its not facebook is it! :tongue:

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Not one loud kid, but I always thought I had little starris in my head who argue all day xD

Reactions: Yamhead and ENFPie

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not one loud kid, but I always thought I had little starris in my head who argue all day xD
Oh helll...can u imagine 4 lil Pie's....id rather not :tongue:

·
Registered
117 Posts
They just keep talking about something, analyzing it, thinking about something over and over finding new connections and whatnot. I could think about one thing for a very long time

·
Registered
185 Posts
I used to think that I was normal... until the voices/inner dialogue made me unable to sleep or concentrate.

THEN I found out that I have a chemical imbalance and am on an SSRI....(seratonin uptake inhibitor?/antidepressant) and am much better.(((---yes i do need this.. seems there is a chemical imbalance in most of my family... not depression, tho it can take that nasty turn easily --- seeing how i lived in misery with an ex and survived... shows my strength)))

I am able to stop the inner dialogue and now just spew off at the mouth and have almost NO inner dialogue hahaha.
My boyfriend says i tend to jump from one thing to another... yep... I see connections EVERYWHERE AND IN EVERYTHING.
I guess that is US...

decision making is very hard and yes.... the inner conversation, dialogue and thought processes are amazing and daunting at the same time; but I think it is something that is a part of us ENFP's.... not sure IF we can change it and even IF I want to!

not sure if this helped, but I see you struggling lilpie:mellow:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Me and my ENFP friend were just talking about this. People say that ENFPs can be indecisive, but we came to the conclusion that we're not necessarily indecisive (especially those that have developed their Te). The problem is, leading with Ne, we simply start with sooooo many other possibilities than most other types. It's like okay so you are able to make quick decisions because you are dealing with a finite set of possibilities, but we're dealing dozens over here! Ne is wonderful because it opens up those worlds of possibility, but it can also drive you crazy because you end up thinking about too many hypothetical situations. When we were trying to decide something the other day, the two of us kept going, "Stop stimulating my Ne with more ideas!" As two ENFPs we exacerbate each other, but we have so much fun! :laughing:

Reactions: ENFPie

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Ne gives us a creative, possibilty, analyzing and unfocused brain. When you want to get the most out of your Ne, ask yourself the following questions:

- Do you want to know how your brain works? After you do, do you think you can control it?
- What matters most in your life? What needs your focus to grow?

Focus on the things that get's to your goal. Set priorities on things you could influence. Accept the way how your brain works. Believe me, been there done that and it only leads to a badass headache (Tension headache - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Tension headache (stress headache), causes, symptoms, diagnosis, and treatments on MedicineNet.com)

So: FOCUS and PRIORITIZE!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I used to think that I was normal... until the voices/inner dialogue made me unable to sleep or concentrate.

THEN I found out that I have a chemical imbalance and am on an SSRI....(seratonin uptake inhibitor?/antidepressant) and am much better.(((---yes i do need this.. seems there is a chemical imbalance in most of my family... not depression, tho it can take that nasty turn easily --- seeing how i lived in misery with an ex and survived... shows my strength)))

I am able to stop the inner dialogue and now just spew off at the mouth and have almost NO inner dialogue hahaha.
My boyfriend says i tend to jump from one thing to another... yep... I see connections EVERYWHERE AND IN EVERYTHING.
I guess that is US...

decision making is very hard and yes.... the inner conversation, dialogue and thought processes are amazing and daunting at the same time; but I think it is something that is a part of us ENFP's.... not sure IF we can change it and even IF I want to!

not sure if this helped, but I see you struggling lilpie:mellow:
Yer i get that completely, I had pills offered several times from my doctors and always refused them....believing that its wrong to use an external influence to control my moods or my ups and downs. Im not saying that anyone who takes antidepressants are wrong, in fact, you probably have got to the point where you have it quite sussed out and have decided that you do not need to be in control of that. im not a control freak, but there are aspects of my nature that I feel I have to do things 'on my own' not only to be 'in control' but to benefit the most from the experience....im still undecided about antidepressants to be honest, I don't disagree with them, im just not sure they are right for me at this time.

Thanks Ruben for your input too, thats really insightful and helped alot - Thanks!

Pie xx

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts