Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started posts about this prior but I don't think they got across to much people . :D

But I've been recently diagnosed with GAD and its symptoms are related to perfectionism, overthinking things greater than they truly are, doing things to relieve self of anxiety (rewriting statements, etc), having 'anxiety' or multliple thoughts, or automatic thoughts at moments that I'm not even aware of, Lack of concentration at random moments without daydreaming (subconscious concentration on the 'unknown'), rather than anything else poor communication and a soft voice, OCD compulsions like locking doors or rituals to avoid a 'higher condemnation', poor self-image, poor sleeping habits, lack of motivation, , etc

One way I experience GAD is that I start role-playing a character from TV, music and movies (pretty much anything entertaining) rather than being myself in an attempt to free myself from anxiety. This is mutual but this happens to an extent that I hear the character's voice in my own head, subconsciously dictating my physical behavior.

And I think a lot of these can be mistaken for INFP personality or me molding myself into the INFP personality upon seeing descriptions of function descriptions.

The thing is, I started out MBTI fully convinced of being ISTJ, and online MBTI tests and other types of questionnaires declared it for me. But then I got results that I was INFJ.
But as I became familiar with the functions set, I declared myself an INFP, and an Fi-dominant, when I started to see myself this way I felt I leaned toward the INFP description of myself and the results then turned to INFP rather than INFJ multiple times.

Recently I've noticed I got ISTP multiple times on an online MBTI test and the last time I did the test I got
ESTP (E being 1%, T over 10% and the other two higher than that)

You reckon there maybe some truth this time around?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Don't put too much stock on online tests. You can still be an INFP as there are all kinds of us out there. While I haven't gone to an extent of pretending to be a fictional character, I have adopted mannerisms and such from watching shows or movies.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't put too much stock on online tests. You can still be an INFP as there are all kinds of us out there. While I haven't gone to an extent of pretending to be a fictional character, I have adopted mannerisms and such from watching shows or movies.
but the thing is when I did the online mbti test, I actually identified what questions lead to what functions/mbtitypes and I did them anyway. that's how i got estp/istp.

but other than that, now I don't know how the functions relate to me, because I feel like I can't separate myself from the gad on evaluating those functions.

·
ѕησωум¢ѕησωƒα¢є
4,292 Posts
It doesn't really matter what number of set of letters you attach to yourself, but the lifelong journey of self discovery. These type descriptions can be useful for illustration or contrast, but in the end, the description is not you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts