Personality Cafe banner

I'm pretty sure that I am I, S and F, but J or P?

1K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Valtire 
#1 ·
Hello to you all!

What's the main difference between J and P? I'm trying to find my type and I figured out that I'm ISFx. My enneagram is 6w5 (if that tells something).

- I have always been good at timing, I mean that I have never been late and at school I have always done my homeworks at time.
- I don't like if someone is late from appointments.
- I'm always prepared.

But

- I'm not very good if I have to make a decision. I always look things from many angle and that's what makes it hard.
- I don't set long term goals and I'm more go with the flow-type (let's see what happens if I do that).
- I'm procrastinator
- I can't keep my room clean more than one week.

I know that those are just stereotypes, so if someone would like to explain a little bit differences between ISFP and ISFJ and their cognitive funcions, I appreciate that :happy:

And feel free to ask questions of course.

See less See more
#2 ·
ISFP and ISFJ have totally different cognitive functions.

ISFP ---> Fi, Se, Ni, Te

ISFJ ---> Si, Fe, Ti, Ne

- I have always been good at timing, I mean that I have never been late and at school I have always done my homeworks at time. This seems J
- I don't like if someone is late from appointments. This seems J, but Fi in ISFP could also value more that someone is not late for appointments.
- I'm always prepared. Seems J

But

- I'm not very good if I have to make a decision. I always look things from many angle and that's what makes it hard. This could be both ISFP or ISFJ. ISFP because Se could perceive various real-time possibilities. ISFJ because Si is a dominant perceiving function, that could delay the decision making in ISFJ i.e. Fe.
- I don't set long term goals and I'm more go with the flow-type (let's see what happens if I do that). Could be ISFP.
- I'm procrastinator Could be both but ISFJ is more focused in accomplishing it's desired task.
- I can't keep my room clean more than one week. Leaning ISFP

From all that you have posted, I assume that you are an: ISFJ.

I have a few questions to clarify this further:

a) How do you like to approach social situations and how do others react to you in conversation?
b) What's the reason you cannot keep your room clean for more than a week?
c) Who are the types of people you most want to have in your life?
d) How do you deal with rules and regulations?
e) Do you prefer time constrains in various areas in your life?

#3 ·
Thanks for answering, and asking :happy:

A) I'm very shy, but I'm one of the most talkative person if I'm with my family or friends. But if I'm with strangers or big group of peoples I barely talk. If someone asks my opinion I agree, I avoid conflicts. Others usually listen what I have to say and let me finish. I feel, however, always more "outsider" in all conversations.

B) I just throw my stuffs everywhere. I don't have spesific order or place to them. I'm also very lazy to clean up, so I just don't care that much.

C) Only the closest ones. Family and relatives. And few close friends. (Is that was what you meant? English is not my fluent)

D) I'm a real perfectionist what comes to rules. I follow recipes and instructions step-by-step. I get nervous if someone tries to make an exception to recipe etc.

E) I'm very exact of time. It doesn't depend from area.

#9 ·
I can't edit last post, but I made a socionics test again with better time and I got EII-2Fi (INFj). I also made another mbti test. Page is scottmunson.info and result was INFP.

Preference Clarity Categories:
(Slight, Moderate, Clear, Very Clear)

Very Clear Introversion: 21/21
Slight Intuition: 13/26
Clear Feeling: 21/24
Moderate Perceiving: 14/22

I have also made cognitive functions test yesterday. Result was: (numbers are %)

Fi 82,2
Te 77,5
Si 77,5
Ni 71,9
Ne 70,0
Fe 65,5
Se 62,5
Ti 40,0

#12 ·
Hi!
Okay, I don't know about INFJ, but it's possible too :)

Hi Pear. Enneagram 6 is one of the most common enneagram types and can be paired with a number of MBTI types, so I can understand your frustration. The 6w5 is going to make for a more knowledgeable person. A 6w5 Perceiving type could be typically disorganized but a stringent rule follower. Your use of the word nervous points to the Enneagram 6. You feel anxiety if the rules aren't followed. It doesn't seem as much about wanting to do it right as fear of doing it wrong, which is a difference between 6s and 1s perhaps. It can appear the same outwardly, but the motivations are different.

There is typically a flip between the J and P in Socionics for introverts. The one possible exception being ISTJ and ISTP. Some Socionicists seem to get those types confused in descriptions, but there should be a flip.

The Socionics and CFs test indicates your Fi is very high and so is your Te. I wouldn't typically expect Te to be so well developed in an INFP. I am half leaning toward ISTJ with well developed Fi. Having your tertiary function so well developed is going to be far more likely than your inferior function. Se, Fe and Ti being low basically rules out ISFP and ISFJ.

I see no reason to think INFJ at all. Besides Ni they have all of your weakest functions.
Hi to you too!
ISTJ is very accurate for me so far and so is ISFJ.

I'm little bit confused from difference between thinking and feeling. What is that difference? I have thought that Thinkers can't express their emotions as well as Feelers, but of course they have emotions.

#11 ·
Hi Pear. Enneagram 6 is one of the most common enneagram types and can be paired with a number of MBTI types, so I can understand your frustration. The 6w5 is going to make for a more knowledgeable person. A 6w5 Perceiving type could be typically disorganized but a stringent rule follower. Your use of the word nervous points to the Enneagram 6. You feel anxiety if the rules aren't followed. It doesn't seem as much about wanting to do it right as fear of doing it wrong, which is a difference between 6s and 1s perhaps. It can appear the same outwardly, but the motivations are different.

There is typically a flip between the J and P in Socionics for introverts. The one possible exception being ISTJ and ISTP. Some Socionicists seem to get those types confused in descriptions, but there should be a flip.

The Socionics and CFs test indicates your Fi is very high and so is your Te. I wouldn't typically expect Te to be so well developed in an INFP. I am half leaning toward ISTJ with well developed Fi. Having your tertiary function so well developed is going to be far more likely than your inferior function. Se, Fe and Ti being low basically rules out ISFP and ISFJ.

I see no reason to think INFJ at all. Besides Ni they have all of your weakest functions.

#16 ·
- I have always been good at timing, I mean that I have never been late and at school I have always done my homeworks at time.
- I don't like if someone is late from appointments.
- I'm always prepared.

But

- I'm not very good if I have to make a decision. I always look things from many angle and that's what makes it hard.
Hello! I'm ISFJ and I actually have a hard time making decisions too, so I don't think that's just a P thing. For example, just a few weekends ago we were going to have friends over (usually my sis, who is ISTJ, plans these things but without realizing it I was the one to plan it.) And it's not like it would be that hard right? You just pick a time and invite everyone over, get some snacks, pick a movie, whatever. Haha nope. The whole, Oh no, this person will be late at that time but if I make it earlier this person won't be able to come at all, oh shoot do I have to drive and pick up that person he doesn't have a ride, etc. Plus like three other small problems that were festering in my mind about that weekend too :laughing: I stressed myself out so unnecessarily, I know it's ridiculous.

That was my most recent example. But usually I have problems making decisions because I take into consideration everyone's feelings and thoughts, like I won't want to decide anything that will possibly make a certain friend of mine uncomfortable, while being aware that it's something another friend of mine will really want to do. We ISFJs strive for win-win situations with no conflict haha.
:) oh and my room is always messy too haha, I procrastinate on cleaning it all the time. (...should probably do that now instead of reading these threads... Nah!)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.