Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
3,966 Posts
I think your brain is trying to quantify the world around you. take time out. Do not think. Just do things which enhances your feelings to that something. Do something nice for yourself to make yourself happy. Or do something nice to someone who you know will appreciate that gesture. When you do this, then you can see more and more of the people humane side. Each person is selfish. Well, one of my physics teacher once said to me that "All humans are selfish". Basically. However, amongst that basic selfishness, we are yet all the same too. i.e. we want to survive. So, we should not judge too harshly on a man trying to find money to feed his kids and wife. Yet, we should not also try and bully a younger person beyond their capability in order to show off our knowledge.

At the same time, this is something my own brother said which I thought was pretty profound in our old age... One should indeed do what one should at the age that they are at. Basically it means that if you are 16, then do something that you should for a 16 year old. Filter the rest of the knowledge, ideas, or whatever, cos they belong to someone older. If you are 35 like me, I should be thinking about finding a partner, starting a family etc. I should not listen to my younger cousins too much and get too involved in their dramas. Nor should I get too involved in my mom's dramas too, cos she has a different set of issues to deal with. As she is 70 soon. Yet, I can still give care, and i can still give them time, presence and attention. I just cannot give empathy, or too much sympathy. Giving understanding, and just acknowledgment is just as good too.

If you put each person into their age and group, then you won't have a problem on how you see them.. cos each of us have a "role" in society. There is no need to stress over what they say, cos they say it from the perspective of their own age and life experiences. You can filter out anything that you do not think meet your needs right now.

· Banned
3,966 Posts
Bago-I know what you're saying, but I don't think that everyone should be categorized by age. I'd also prefer to disappear altogether than have a role in society. Quite frankly, I just don't trust society. I could get killed out there.
josue0098-I might be, but I can't recall the last time I was totally interested in whatsoever by something logical.
But you should categorise age. Cos each person has their own path in life and walks at different levels. You should not pitch yourself against their paths and overload yourself with information that is not relevant to your own path. The reason why I use "age" as a factor, it is so that you can exist in a world that can accept you too. At the moment, it is not the world is not accepting you. It is you not accepting yourself in the world. cos you are taking too much information, some relevant to yourself, but some irrelevant to yourself. Hence, you will never start to walk your own path too, if you take on information that should not belong to your own path. This creates "fear" in you, when you do so. It then stops yourself from moving forward. Or to even take that first step.

You do not trust society is because you are at the moment overloaded with information from others, and you think that is how the whole of society is. Well, it does not work that way. When you meet, see and interact with people, then you will begin to build up your own understanding, and not take on someone else's understanding or perception, or their own fear too. Society is a funny thing. You got to see it for yourself in order to understand it.

The way to not get killed is to find your own true self. When you have truth of yourself, then you won't feel this kind of fear in yourself. Hence my words about filtering. I now just do not deal with dramas, or other people's issues but solely focus on my own life and my own path. Doing so, allows me to actually water my own spiritual garden inside of me. It focuses me. It also means it does not breed fear. This is what most people try to do. To be themselves. When they do, they do not have this fear inside of them.

[Added]
Skye Alexa, you are not crazy... you are just trying to work out your own mind about the world, and trying to quantify or recognise the world around you and things like that. I call that growing up. Calling yourself crazy is a tad harsh, cos in reality, everybody self reflect, and does not necessarily share these kind of chaotic ideas to others. Well, actually, it is much healthier if they did do so... but... people are too scared these days now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.