Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep trying to figure out my type, but I am at a loss. I find it very hard to categorize myself, not only in MBTI, but in other terms as well.

Some things about myself:

I'm pretty sure I'm an I. I feel like an I, really. When I'm at a party I can dance and have fun, and I like getting to know new people. I prefer interaction with only one or two friends, though, over a large gathering. Truthfully, I would much rather stay home and watch birds or something than go to a large party. BUT, if there is a friend who would like to watch birds or bake cookies with me, I'd prefer that over being by myself. I have a tendency to get attached to one person who is very similar to me and has the same interests as me.

I'm a definite N. I have never tested as anything other than XNXX. I do look for hidden meanings and symbolism in things.

The third and fourth letters are tricky, so here's some info that may or may not help.

• I'm a very scientific person, and I love the scientific process. Logic is good in my book, if applied correctly, because you can use it to solve lots of problems. However, I have a compassionate side, and I feel that in most situations, it is better to use the heart over the head.
  • I am a vegetarian, in part because I can empathize with animals; however, I have scientific facts to back up my choice to be a vegetarian.
  • Sometimes I dislike people and have very little faith in the human race. While I think of myself as a basically compassionate person, people can disgust me.
  • If it helps at all, I want to be a conservation biologist.
  • Whenever I hear a heart-wrenching story, I'm very touched. I am also against violence, including warfare.
  • I am a very competitive person, but I manage not to be obnoxious about it. I am at the top of my class (not trying to be arrogant here...) and my main competition is my best friend. While I am friends with him, I know that I have to do my best to get into governor's school, be valedictorian, get scholarships, etc., even with the knowledge that that will be depriving him of some things. Also, I frequently do not like him and wish I had a friend who was more like me. (I know that sounds terrible.)
  • I think of myself as a structured person, but more often than not I end up doing things spontaneously. I am organized when it comes to school, but I can leave my room in disarray without being seriously bothered (except by the threat of getting in trouble). I'm taking AP Bio online this year, and at the beginning I made out a schedule for reading my texts, but I didn't follow it and ended up scrapping it after a couple weeks.
  • I have never been in a long-lasting relationship. I have been physically attracted to guys but their personality or interests throw me off. I'm not whimsical when it comes to that kind of thing. I am only turning 17 next month, though.
  • My greatest love is nature. It makes everything better. I can't even put it properly into words at this moment.
  • I have a tendency to assume responsibility. In group projects and things, I will take the leader position. Also, I started an environmental club at my school, which I thoroughly enjoy leading by myself.
  • I put others before myself. For example, my co-worker needed hours last night, so I let her stay and work, even though I need the money.
  • In my younger years, I would be very religious at times, but it would always fade out, then make a rebound. Since last summer, however, I have not been religious at all. It's just not a necessary part of my life, I guess. I prefer the idea of individual spirituality over organized religion anyway.
I tested as an ENFP one day, consistently, across tests. However, I took the test again the next day and got something totally different. Honestly, if I think it through objectively, I seem to be an INFJ, but the whole "counselor" thing just doesn't completely resonate with me.

Can anyone help me? I'll love you forever. I'll provide any more needed information, and I apologize for the wall of boring text.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You are definitely XNFP. You sound more INFP than ENFP in your post to me, but you didn't really mention how outgoing/social/outwardly focused you were. So where do you feel like your focus is - out in the world or in your head? Don't get me wrong, I'm ENFP and I definitely have daydreams and all kinds of inward focus when I feel like it, but generally speaking an E will prefer to focus outward and an I will prefer to focus inward. When someone walks in the room, do you turn to see who has come in or do you jump from being interrupted from your thoughts? Do you think you're more someone who initiates things or someone who responds to things?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am usually thinking deeply, and more often I am interrupted by entrances into a room. I'm much more likely to respond rather than initiate as well. This leads me to believe that I am, indeed, an INFP.

I think it fits me quite well; better than the others. Thank you sooo much for your help, it means a lot!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts