Personality Cafe banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tested as an INFP before and INFJ. Or perhaps the tests were wrong and I'm neither. This is where yall come into play. :)
Little bit about myself...
- I don't call my friends much, they usually are the ones to start the conversations.
- I kind of morph around people. It's as if I have two personalities and at times when I flip the switch it drains me at times (tactical?) Ill kind of put up a fake personality to get people comfortable and then I'll just pull away when I get the chance or when it doesn't interest me anymore.
- I don't let people know my true feelings unless they are pretty close to me, or if I'm just so fed up with their bull.
- Older people seem to like me a lot.
- I don't really open up to people because, I feel as if I get too close I might do something wrong and fuck it up or something will happen.
- I feel like I am very in-tune with certain things, for example I have thoughts of things and then in the very near future it happens. This happens all the time, my brother agrees that I have something because, he has noticed that I do happen to get a lot of these premonitions. ( few deaths in the family I foresaw )
- I love music and film TOO much.
- I play FPS games, and strategy games mostly.
- I seem to befriend people without knowing how.
- I instantly put people into categories without even realizing.
- I am a procrastinator
- My friends think of me as a very smart guy but they notice that I'm lazy to do things
- I talk in conversations then slowly get more reserved and just observe
- I surprise people with knowledge of obscure things at times or just insight.
- I try to help friends that are in problems by talking about it with them.
- One of my pals a long time ago asked me why I say "over-rated" all the time? (catch phrase?)
- My brother says I have an addictive personality, I think he's true. If I really like something I'll study it, play it, do it w/e the case may be. Sometimes it consumes me.
- I am sometimes a know it all because, it's my intuition. I put so much faith into it that I just figure many of the things I say are true. (slightly going down a bit)
- I would consider myself a great writer. Not technical but in story form and analytical if it interests me.
- Not that spontaneous but that's changing a little (my friends used to say if I could fit w/e in my schedule or plan it a week in advance haha)
- Am not a neat freak.

I could write more I'm sure... if I think of more I'll post it. Feel free to ask me more questions or to elaborate. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Hello there,

You definitely sound like an introvert. I imagine your energy to communicate comes from within yourself when you feel the time is right.

One thing you ought to think about is... what you think about. Do you spend more time thinking about ideas you want to implement in potential projects or are you more interesting in seeing how things that you don't control will unfold? In other words do you interpret more or plan (ideas/your worldview) more?

I find that perceivers tend to learn things for the sake of learning, do you relate to that at all? I always want whatever I learn to be of use to me somehow. I tend to have narrower interests as a result.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
From all of that, I'd say that you're more likely an INFJ, but I see that HandiAce is giving you more in depth help. I just wanted to say that you seemed more INFJ, to me:mellow:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello there,

You definitely sound like an introvert. I imagine your energy to communicate comes from within yourself when you feel the time is right.

One thing you ought to think about is... what you think about. Do you spend more time thinking about ideas you want to implement in potential projects or are you more interesting in seeing how things that you don't control will unfold? In other words do you interpret more or plan (ideas/your worldview) more?

I find that perceivers tend to learn things for the sake of learning, do you relate to that at all? I always want whatever I learn to be of use to me somehow. I tend to have narrower interests as a result.
I'm really a mix of both. I spend time thinking about implementing my ideas but I also like to think of how things will unfold. Around 50/50.

I learn sometimes random facts just to learn it, but I would say that I'm FAR FAR more interested in things I will actually use. 20/80

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Perhaps not seeing how things will unfold, but being more interested in what could possibly happen before a decision or the climax of an event. Js like to know what's coming, Ps like more the excitement of what could happen.

Judging by your last post, I'd say you're an IXFJ. As for the N part do you usually think about how the future will unfold via a focal point or things symbolic that are not immediately in front of you?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Perhaps not seeing how things will unfold, but being more interested in what could possibly happen before a decision or the climax of an event. Js like to know what's coming, Ps like more the excitement of what could happen.

Judging by your last post, I'd say you're an IXFJ. As for the N part do you usually think about how the future will unfold via a focal point or things symbolic that are not immediately in front of you?
I would say that I think of the future from focal points but that doesn't stop my mind from considering so many possibilities. I think about many things and sometimes daydream for a little about how things could change. I'm a mix of both but I trust my gut (most of the time :) ). Hopefully that helps. Thanks for helping me out bud.

Just a side note, I get N most of the time but one time I did get S. I feel more like an N though.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I would say INFJ.

Reactions: HandiAce

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I used to think I was an N because I always thought about the future as a kid and was what you'd call the dreamer. I found that is wasn't true because I don't really search for hidden meanings behind things. I pay attention to what is, but also what could be of what is if that makes sense. My ideas of what could be of what is is based on stuff that I've read consisting mostly of factual, nonfictional works.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
- I kind of morph around people. It's as if I have two personalities and at times when I flip the switch it drains me at times (tactical?) Ill kind of put up a fake personality to get people comfortable and then
I'll just pull away when I get the chance or when it doesn't interest me anymore.
This sounds a bit indicative of applying a tactical/logical perspective to socializing.

- I feel like I am very in-tune with certain things, for example I have thoughts of things and then in the very near future it happens. This happens all the time, my brother agrees that I have something because, he has noticed that I do happen to get a lot of these premonitions. ( few deaths in the family I foresaw )
This is most often associated with Ni doms, though typically more often with Fe as an aux, certainly not exclusively to it.

- I instantly put people into categories without even realizing.
This actually sounds like Te.

- I am sometimes a know it all because, it's my intuition. I put so much faith into it that I just figure many of the things I say are true. (slightly going down a bit)
A bit of a popular stereotype tied to the NiTe (INTJ) mindset. Ni when worded through a Te sense, gives an air of self-confidence or outright arrogance, depending on the outsiders perspective.

- Not that spontaneous but that's changing a little (my friends used to say if I could fit w/e in my schedule or plan it a week in advance haha)
Again, Te sounding.

Also, I notice you mention more impersonal interests, than personal, possibly indicating a logical (Thinker) preference over an ethical preference (Feeler).

Would you rather argue logic or ethics? Do you find yourself more often noticing incorrect ethical behaviors in your friends/family or incorrect logical beliefs they hold? Do you find yourself more often correcting unethical behaviors of your friends or illogical beliefs, through trying to alter their perspective/thinking to your own, as opposed to merely telling them they're acting inappropriately or being unreasonable?

If none of the above applies, or just to consider INFP, for the sake of it, let's say, that you found yourself put in a situation, where your friends are acting in a way, that you find unethical. Would you say, that you were apt to initially be a bit "paralyzed" in the moment, uncertain of what to do? While you certainly wouldn't participate in the behavior, would you allow others to? Perhaps, merely stating that you found it wrong, and would have no part of it, but whatever they chose to do, was their choice?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This sounds a bit indicative of applying a tactical/logical perspective to socializing.

Would you rather argue logic or ethics? Do you find yourself more often noticing incorrect ethical behaviors in your friends/family or incorrect logical beliefs they hold? Do you find yourself more often correcting unethical behaviors of your friends or illogical beliefs, through trying to alter their perspective/thinking to your own, as opposed to merely telling them they're acting inappropriately or being unreasonable?

If none of the above applies, or just to consider INFP, for the sake of it, let's say, that you found yourself put in a situation, where your friends are acting in a way, that you find unethical. Would you say, that you were apt to initially be a bit "paralyzed" in the moment, uncertain of what to do? While you certainly wouldn't participate in the behavior, would you allow others to? Perhaps, merely stating that you found it wrong, and would have no part of it, but whatever they chose to do, was their choice?
I really don't think of myself as a T but I'll put my thought aside, for now.

Yes I do find myself noticing incorrect ethical behaviors in friends and family. I find illogical beliefs they hold but by far Id say it's mostly Unethical. I do tell them they are being unreasonable at times and I will try to change their perspective by digging deeper, like asking questions getting them to reveal more ( a little sneakily at times ). But at the end of the day it's their choice, if its drastic enough it might put me a little at odds.

Yes I would feel a bit paralyzed but I'll probably try to play it off. I would allow others to participate in the behavior. I would probably be looking at them and trying to figure out why they are doing this, but I probably wouldn't burst out saying things, at least not there. Perhaps bringing it up with one friend at a later time but not in front of the group unless I'm really sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts