Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello dears. I have a question for the good-looking, intelligent, confident and successful (in however you measure success) ENTP gents out there:

Have you ever found it to be that girls get intimidated and insecure around you and give up prematurely because you've reached the apex of masculine ENTP-hood?

It's happened to me multiple times over the past few years now, where I've really begun to mature and take a hold of things. I'm emotionally stable, confident, caring, capable and proactive, handy with my hands, a great conversationalist, good-looking, and so far on the path to success in what I do for a living (although I never mention this because I don't like brandishing my work like a cod-piece). Yet, I have realized that I have become much less successful today than I have been in my obnoxious youth. I've also noticed girls becoming very intimidated as a result of my maturity on all fronts, and found out that at least three girls (whose histories since having dated me) who I've tried to date but failed (all quit -- dumped me) have actually settled for males who were much less competitive in the dating market -- worse looking, less confident, less intelligent, more boring, etc.

Seriously! Is it just me... or, what the fuck is wrong with this world?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I've had that happen for a bit at a time (maybe a year tops) here and there in my life. I had an elegant solution. Stop trying to get into a damn relationship til it passes. Just jump around, fool around, mess around, and play around. Stop friggin trying for a little while. As soon as you do that you'll start having FUN again, and when you start having fun the girls will come to you like they always did .... but when they do just HAVE YOUR FUN AND THEN MOVE ON.

Reactions: SweetPickles

·
Registered
1,264 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello dears. I have a question for the good-looking, intelligent, confident and successful (in however you measure success) ENTP gents out there:

Have you ever found it to be that girls get intimidated and insecure around you and give up prematurely because you've reached the apex of masculine ENTP-hood?

It's happened to me multiple times over the past few years now, where I've really begun to mature and take a hold of things. I'm emotionally stable, confident, caring, capable and proactive, handy with my hands, a great conversationalist, good-looking, and so far on the path to success in what I do for a living (although I never mention this because I don't like brandishing my work like a cod-piece). Yet, I have realized that I have become much less successful today than I have been in my obnoxious youth. I've also noticed girls becoming very intimidated as a result of my maturity on all fronts, and found out that at least three girls (whose histories since having dated me) who I've tried to date but failed (all quit -- dumped me) have actually settled for males who were much less competitive in the dating market -- worse looking, less confident, less intelligent, more boring, etc.

Now listen, I can't even begin to imagine that this should be the case, but maybe you're just coming across as a total ******* **** and so they think to themselves 'huh, this guy is a total ******* ****'.

·
Banned
492 Posts
well, duuuuhh. Stop being competitive and you wont scare the bitches.

Ive got self-esteem issues, to an extent, and am very non-intimidating. Random cute girls come up to me all the time and just start talking to me.

You need to learn about the psychology of adult women. Im 20 and know this shit haha. Women do not want that confident male that you exhibit, at least not most women. If you want to find yo'self a ho, u need to find bitches who are extremely confident and good looking too.

But if you want to appeal to normal ladies on an every day basis, don't even try to appeal to them. Just act normally, and stop hunting. Dont try to lure them in, but instead, just act casual and nice. Don't try to show off, because that shows the female that you might be trying to compensate for something, even if you're not. Just act like a chill-ass G, and the bitches will flow unto you.

·
Banned
613 Posts

I too am 6’3”, good looking, successful, cocky, with inimitable humor and my Fe is a real gusher that makes girls drool, still many of them ignore me for a variety of reasons, like lack of humility... lol

Maybe you’re going for the pretty-bimbo types with a certain look? ENTPs are more compatible with cerebral/spiritual types. BTW, some girls can appear intimidated & quiet when they find you arousing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Have you ever found it to be that girls get intimidated and insecure around you...?
It is not intimidation or insecurity but wariness and mistrust. Alarm bells are going off in their heads accompanied by the warning: "STAY AWAY FROM THE NARCISSIST!"

Question: Would you be interested in a girl that described herself as "too f****ing perfect"?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I think that's probably a bit unfair. Being a tad egotistical and a little lacking in insight does not make one a narcissist. And, you know, this is the ENTP forum. Here we can say the things that we normally have to keep quiet about for fear of offending people.

·
Banned
613 Posts
It is not intimidation or insecurity but wariness and mistrust. Alarm bells are going off in their heads accompanied by the warning: "STAY AWAY FROM THE NARCISSIST!"

Question: Would you be interested in a girl that described herself as "too f****ing perfect"?
Absolutely, I'd want to test-drive her on the spot.:tongue:

·
Registered
355 Posts
I think that's probably a bit unfair. Being a tad egotistical and a little lacking in insight does not make one a narcissist. And, you know, this is the ENTP forum. Here we can say the things that we normally have to keep quiet about for fear of offending people.
Well I am speaking from experience here. As an INFJ I feel the ENTP-INFJ strong connection. ENTPs are my favourite type. That's why I am on this forum but I have come across a tiny minority of ENTPs in my life who seem to be somewhere on the narcissistic spectrum. There is an attraction accompanied by a warning in my head telling me to avoid them and I heed this warning. When the OP said that he thought girls were intimidated I thought this was how my behaviour may have come across.

Now I never actually accused the OP of being a narcissist. I have absolutely no idea whether he is or not. He says that he is caring and that may be true. I have read some other posts of his that suggest that he is indeed caring. But in this post he definitely comes across as being on the narcissistic spectrum and in real life he may come across like this too. As a result, girls may be wary and mistrustful and may think (rightly or wrongly) that he would not treat them them very well in a long-term relationship.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Why would a girl like someone whose just another face in the crowd? You gotta sell yourself and be different duh. What I mean by selling yourself doesnt mean doing everything for them and being a complete pushover.

·
Registered
545 Posts
well, duuuuhh. Stop being competitive and you wont scare the bitches.

Ive got self-esteem issues, to an extent, and am very non-intimidating. Random cute girls come up to me all the time and just start talking to me.

You need to learn about the psychology of adult women. Im 20 and know this shit haha. Women do not want that confident male that you exhibit, at least not most women. If you want to find yo'self a ho, u need to find bitches who are extremely confident and good looking too.

But if you want to appeal to normal ladies on an every day basis, don't even try to appeal to them. Just act normally, and stop hunting. Dont try to lure them in, but instead, just act casual and nice. Don't try to show off, because that shows the female that you might be trying to compensate for something, even if you're not. Just act like a chill-ass G, and the bitches will flow unto you.
I'm counfused first you were desperate to bang anything that moves and now you know the secret to woman. Who is the real moon racer?!?!?!?!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Why would a girl like someone whose just another face in the crowd? You gotta sell yourself and be different duh. What I mean by selling yourself doesnt mean doing everything for them and being a complete pushover.
I doubt he has any problem selling himself. He hardly sounds like a pushover either. I find this advice very strange.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I doubt he has any problem selling himself. He hardly sounds like a pushover either. I find this advice very strange.
I was actually gonna edit this post to match up more with what the original post said. I was more referring to another post on this thread. So yeah....

Reactions: INFJigsaw

·
Banned
613 Posts
Well I am speaking from experience here. As an INFJ I feel the ENTP-INFJ strong connection. ENTPs are my favourite type. That's why I am on this forum but I have come across a tiny minority of ENTPs in my life who seem to be somewhere on the narcissistic spectrum. There is an attraction accompanied by a warning in my head telling me to avoid them and I heed this warning. When the OP said that he thought girls were intimidated I thought this was how my behaviour may have come across.

Now I never actually accused the OP of being a narcissist. I have absolutely no idea whether he is or not. He says that he is caring and that may be true. I have read some other posts of his that suggest that he is indeed caring. But in this post he definitely comes across as being on the narcissistic spectrum and in real life he may come across like this too. As a result, girls may be wary and mistrustful and may think (rightly or wrongly) that he would not treat them them very well in a long-term relationship.
Some people come here just to have fun, so not everything is to be taken seriously or literally.:tongue: ENTPs in particular are prone to exaggeration just to make a point, test the audience or provoke a debate.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Some people come here just to have fun, so not everything is to be taken seriously or literally.:tongue: ENTPs in particular are prone to exaggeration just to make a point, test the audience or provoke a debate.
Ah, well it worked then. The audience was tested and the debate was provoked!

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Did you ever consider that maybe you're not all that but you're all that but these girls are just insecure or they didn't want to hurt your feelings so they just say that so it sounds nice?

1 - 20 of 62 Posts