Personality Cafe banner

I'm totally an Ixxx lol

607 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Librarylady 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new. Hjälpa miiig. I did the thing below, I apologize if it feels choppy as I only spent a few hours typing on it.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Tests mistype me a lot to where the only consistent marker is Dominant Introversion. I've been typed everything from INFJ to INTJ (this one the most), INFP to INTP, ISFP to ISFJ. I'm sure ISTJ is impossible 'cause I'm no doody fulfiller, and my boyfriend is an ISTP and we couldn't be more different. I do see myself as IxFx, but I'm well aware of my bias toward Thinking. I dun wanna be a feeler, I dun wanna like people, hmph.

If I had to guess, I'm probably an ISFJ, simply because statistics and that Fe is in my stack as a likely Aux. But honestly, I'm a pretty weird and confusing person to be around in real life.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

A deep and real connection with another person, to be with someone who gets me on every level. To be at peace with the universe. To make an actual difference in peoples' lives through art, somehow. I love reading about people who say things like "this book changed my life" or "I wouldn't know where or who I'd be without this band" because I want to have that effect on someone, just as much as I like others having that effect on me. To just... let myself be happy.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

It's hard to pinpoint one particular time. In general, I'm at my best when I'm ardently pursuing a goal, averting danger, helping others out on a personal level, and being honest and introspective to where I always know exactly why I did something wrong and how I can avoid that problem in the future.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being placed under intense deadlines. Being rushed at all will make me flip out. Being given verbal instructions because I space out. Physical activities like sports. Social awkwardness and accidentally offending others. Anxiety and fits of panic. Prone to sadness and never allowing myself to just let go and be happy where I am now. I can be pretty unproductive, not because I have a lazy mindset, but because I get so paralyzed inside of my own brain that time seems to slip by and nothing gets done.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I prefer independent projects where I get to set parameters and make improving changes when necessary. Group projects are stressful because I'm caught between being a doormat and being domineering. Independence allows me to focus on the project itself and not other peoples' feelings, which can cloud my focus.

I like to tinker with something until I figure out how to make it better, and if I can't share ideas with group partners, there's no point in me being involved at all.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Playing flashlight tag in a forest with my high school friends while it was pouring rain.
Got drunk while underage during my first visit to Boston and skipping through subways.
Got drunk and made out with a stranger because it was New Years and I wanted to be spontaneous.
Got drunk with my friend on a summer boat outing sponsored by my work, eating lobster while dancing and watching the sunset, then getting high and running off to play karaoke at a dive bar.

I just love getting in touch with the present, being in the moment, and forgetting my worries while indulging in food, drugs, and music. It's tricky to navigate, because I need to somehow feel safe while doing these things. Currently cutting way back on the drinking, though. XD :winetime:

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I love learning about theories and then attempting to apply them into creative projects. I like linguistics, for example, and I apply my interest in linguistic concepts through conlanging (i.e., inventing my own language to play with). I also like documentaries where I can see concepts like personality disorders or polyandrous societies and how they manifest in the real world.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I like the idea of being organized, but it doesn't play out in real life because I get too wound up in my head. My room and work desks are littered with coffee cups, papers, and knickknacks. They don't feel like sanctuaries, and I'd like them to be, but I can't muster up enough enthusiasm to make that happen. I like having goals but they rarely happen because I have to be 1000% committed to the core for it to be realized. It's easy to get lost in fantasies and letting my mind slip away to another world, where nothing has to be done.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I kind of do both. I see what others have to say about it. I see what science has to say about it. I'm more reserved about expressing my own opinions on it because I don't want to be ostracized if it happens to be unpopular or controversial. So then I just internalize my thoughts and only speak up when I'm asked, to which I lay it all out with brutal honesty.

I tend to accept everything at first and believe anything can be possible. After that, it's a matter of finding evidence and reasoning to the contrary until I've whittled it down to a conclusion that makes the most sense for me.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

My instinct is to make others happy, but that's my conflict right now. It makes me deeply upset when others aren't happy with me, yet I'm not exactly happy when I do compromise and accommodate. I WANT to be truthful, but society at large seems to prefer white lies and professionalism. Few know what my real thoughts are, and they're better off for it unfortunately because what I have to say doesn't always sound nice.

There are times when I want to help people, but it seems like they don't want help because they would eschew what I have to say. People just want to have their feelings validated for better or worse and don't want you to tell them out loud the inner workings of who they are and how it led them to their problems.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think so much I often don't get around to the speaking part. 1-on-1 allows for me to put my focus on one person but group talks can be very energetic and insightful. I do better with 1-on-1, though, because I can pull together my thoughts and concentrate instead of being an idiot who spouts off stuff that just pisses others off or the opposite, a person who never speaks up.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Same thing. I do more planning than leaping. Acting on impulse is almost physically impossible for me. I'm prone to buyer's remorse, even when I've committed myself to something I like.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

I vacillate, not wanting to hurt my friends by rejecting them but also wanting to stay at home and relax. I typically acquiesce to them, because I don't wanna be just some big ol' loser who does nothing but sit at home, amirite? I have a vibrant social life, dammit all, and the only way to prove that is by doing shit I'm not comfortable doing and never, ever saying no to my friends.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

It's cyclical. First I'm tired, then irritable, then angry, anxious, paranoid, then it climaxes with a panic attack, then depression sets in when I come down and eventually come back to normal. I want to hide from others when I'm stressed because I can get rough with inanimate objects and be generally erratic and careless. Pacing back and forth, pulling my hair out, drinking alcohol, snapping at everything around me. It's embarrassing.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I don't like arrogance and delusions of self-grandeur. People who overvalue their opinions and talk nonstop about how they have everything all figured out. I hate seeing gullibility in people who fall for a movement that promises to change their lives forever because I'm a natural skeptic (albeit a skeptic who starts out being open-minded) to all things. I hate it when people can't admit to their faults, be fake around others, and refuse to see the bigger picture and see the gravity of some situations. Overall, people who cannot doubt, question themselves, be open, or humble.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I love philosophical topics and bouncing creative ideas back and forth. I attribute my close relationship with my mom to this because we can both talk for hours about things that, quoting my sister, are "ridiculous and don't matter." Discussions like, "hey what if we're all just being remotely controlled by really bored aliens playing a video game?" On the flip side, some of my best friends are people with whom I can feel free to be silly and irreverent. I revel in nonsense, I suppose. :carrot:

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

My career, which I should really focus on more. I'm a bit of a scatterbrain to sit down and chart something out, although I really want and need to.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?

I've been called an enigma before, even by relatives. I'm quiet and reserved, but weird and funny. I'm simultaneously lazy and focused, anxious but calm, open-book but secretive, diplomatic but caustic, indulgent but prudent, caring but aloof, serious but goofy, resilient but sensitive. Everyone has different ideas about me because I often change to befit the social situation. People probably don't know just how intensely spiritual I am, and that I really seek to find deeper meaning and connection in my life. No one sees me on that level.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

Smoking weed and surfing the interwebs is pretty much all I do on weekends (actually i'm doing that right now, haháh!). If it's a sunny day, I may ride on my bike or take a walk. If I'm a little more focused, I'll work on a short story or my constructed language project. If I've had a little too much me-time, I'll call my mom or hang out with a close friend for a couple hours.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi, I'm new. Hjälpa miiig. I did the thing below, I apologize if it feels choppy as I only spent a few hours typing on it.

1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

Tests mistype me a lot to where the only consistent marker is Dominant Introversion. I've been typed everything from INFJ to INTJ (this one the most), INFP to INTP, ISFP to ISFJ. I'm sure ISTJ is impossible 'cause I'm no doody fulfiller, and my boyfriend is an ISTP and we couldn't be more different. I do see myself as IxFx, but I'm well aware of my bias toward Thinking. I dun wanna be a feeler, I dun wanna like people, hmph.
Fi. "I dont want to be a feeler because I don't want to like people" gives me the idea of inward introspection as to your identity and can be related back to prioritizing what is good/bad for you. As you might have noticed for yourself as well, it incorporates both introversion and feelings elements.

If I had to guess, I'm probably an ISFJ, simply because statistics
Not looking inward for this one: mention of statistics conflicts with looking at individuality. Te

and that Fe is in my stack as a likely Aux. But honestly, I'm a pretty weird and confusing person to be around in real life.
This could be interpreted in many ways, if I had to guess, Im guessing you meant scattered- Low Te.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

A deep and real connection with another person, to be with someone who gets me on every level.
Fi. As opposed to just bonding, the intimacy of bonding comes back to being evaluated by your personal judgement and feelings. Even though the need to bond requires and asks for another, it comes back to your individual needs. Not trying to be rude but just dissecting at Fi

To be at peace with the universe.
I never understand what these kinds of statements mean when others say it. But I'm guessing its relating back to your own personal feelings of tranquility and contentedness with just accepting the world for what it is? If so, Fi-Se. Se because this related to the exploring the possibilities relevant to present reality.

To make an actual difference in peoples' lives through art, somehow.
Se-Lower Te: Having a goal (te) to efficiently use your skill which relies upon hands on technique as well as possibilities relevant to reality (Se) however you have uncertainty in a direct plan or execution of how this might be brought about (Low Te).

I love reading about people who say things like "this book changed my life" or "I wouldn't know where or who I'd be without this band" because I want to have that effect on someone, just as much as I like others having that effect on me. To just... let myself be happy.
Fi-Se. Personal desires and motivations + down-to-earth/existing in reality.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

It's hard to pinpoint one particular time. In general, I'm at my best when I'm ardently pursuing a goal, averting danger, helping others out on a personal level, and being honest and introspective to where I always know exactly why I did something wrong and how I can avoid that problem in the future.
Fi-Te

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Being placed under intense deadlines. Being rushed at all will make me flip out..
Low Te-Ni

Being given verbal instructions because I space out.

Verbal mostly relies on Sensory, Instructions more so a Te thing. Se-Low Te

Physical activities like sports.
Sports do rely a lot on sensory application. Sensory is not your first

Social awkwardness and accidentally offending others. Anxiety and fits of panic. Prone to sadness and never allowing myself to just let go and be happy where I am now.
Fi. Internalized feelings. Se- due to focus on living in the present.

I can be pretty unproductive, not because I have a lazy mindset, but because I get so paralyzed inside of my own brain that time seems to slip by and nothing gets done.
Low Te

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

I prefer independent projects where I get to set parameters and make improving changes when necessary.
Fi-Te

Group projects are stressful because I'm caught between being a doormat and being domineering.
Fi-Ni

Independence allows me to focus on the project itself and not other peoples' feelings, which can cloud my focus.
Fi-Te

I like to tinker with something until I figure out how to make it better, and if I can't share ideas with group partners, there's no point in me being involved at all.
Se-Te

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

Playing flashlight tag in a forest with my high school friends while it was pouring rain.
Got drunk while underage during my first visit to Boston and skipping through subways.
Got drunk and made out with a stranger because it was New Years and I wanted to be spontaneous.
Got drunk with my friend on a summer boat outing sponsored by my work, eating lobster while dancing and watching the sunset, then getting high and running off to play karaoke at a dive bar.

I just love getting in touch with the present, being in the moment, and forgetting my worries while indulging in food, drugs, and music. It's tricky to navigate, because I need to somehow feel safe while doing these things. Currently cutting way back on the drinking, though. XD :winetime:
This is the most Se response I've ever seen.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I love learning about theories and then attempting to apply them into creative projects. I like linguistics, for example, and I apply my interest in linguistic concepts through conlanging (i.e., inventing my own language to play with). I also like documentaries where I can see concepts like personality disorders or polyandrous societies and how they manifest in the real world.
Would've gone Ne-Ti. Reading the whole thing though Fi-Se

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

I like the idea of being organized, but it doesn't play out in real life because I get too wound up in my head. My room and work desks are littered with coffee cups, papers, and knickknacks. They don't feel like sanctuaries, and I'd like them to be, but I can't muster up enough enthusiasm to make that happen. I like having goals but they rarely happen because I have to be 1000% committed to the core for it to be realized. It's easy to get lost in fantasies and letting my mind slip away to another world, where nothing has to be done.
Dom Se, Lower Te

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I kind of do both. I see what others have to say about it. I see what science has to say about it.
A quantitative approach which relies on external sources to validate something. Te

I'm more reserved about expressing my own opinions on it because I don't want to be ostracized if it happens to be unpopular or controversial. So then I just internalize my thoughts and only speak up when I'm asked, to which I lay it all out with brutal honesty.
Lower Fe

I tend to accept everything at first and believe anything can be possible. After that, it's a matter of finding evidence and reasoning to the contrary until I've whittled it down to a conclusion that makes the most sense for me.
closed framework (Te) as opposed to open (Ti). Se-Te

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

My instinct is to make others happy, but that's my conflict right now.
Ni-Fi

It makes me deeply upset when others aren't happy with me, yet I'm not exactly happy when I do compromise and accommodate.
Fi

I WANT to be truthful, but society at large seems to prefer white lies and professionalism.
Fi-Te

Few know what my real thoughts are, and they're better off for it unfortunately because what I have to say doesn't always sound nice.
Fi

There are times when I want to help people, but it seems like they don't want help because they would eschew what I have to say. People just want to have their feelings validated for better or worse and don't want you to tell them out loud the inner workings of who they are and how it led them to their problems.
Fi-Te

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think so much I often don't get around to the speaking part. 1-on-1 allows for me to put my focus on one person but group talks can be very energetic and insightful. I do better with 1-on-1, though, because I can pull together my thoughts and concentrate instead of being an idiot who spouts off stuff that just pisses others off or the opposite, a person who never speaks up.
Fi-Se

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Same thing. I do more planning than leaping. Acting on impulse is almost physically impossible for me. I'm prone to buyer's remorse, even when I've committed myself to something I like.
Fi-Se-Ni

I know theres more questions but that the thing! There's way too many, beyond whats needed to figure out a personality. Good questionnaire though. I liked the questions! I'm narrowing it down to ISFP for you.

Reactions: Djynn
#5 ·
Thanks for dissecting my piece! I would have done more than one questionnaire, but I didn't want to make my post bigger than it already is.

Fi. "I dont want to be a feeler because I don't want to like people" gives me the idea of inward introspection as to your identity and can be related back to prioritizing what is good/bad for you. As you might have noticed for yourself as well, it incorporates both introversion and feelings elements.
Meh, I guess I'm still holding on to a Thinker bias. Feelers get a bad rep (like Sensors) because it relies on subjective "morals" instead of ~logic~. If I could choose my type, I'd be ENTJ or ESTP so I could be more energetic, rational, present-minded and goal-oriented.

Not looking inward for this one: mention of statistics conflicts with looking at individuality. Te
It's not just statistics but what others have to say about something. If I say I'm a rarer type (esp. for girls) like ENTJ or INTP, people will be far more skeptical. I tend to rely on others' opinions in the same way I rely on statistics, which is probably not healthy, I'll admit.

Even though the need to bond requires and asks for another, it comes back to your individual needs.
Eek, that really does sound bad now that you put it that way. :/

I never understand what these kinds of statements mean when others say it. But I'm guessing its relating back to your own personal feelings of tranquility and contentedness with just accepting the world for what it is?
It means being able to wake up in the morning without having my usual existential crisis for breakfast.

This is the most Se response I've ever seen.
I can only really do the crazy stuff when I've had enough to drink. I've been cutting back on it 'cause it's not healthy and contributed to a bout of depression recently. Nowadays, my scheduled funtime means practicing Italian on Duolingo from my blanket fort.

It's very strange to view Se as an auxiliary function. I can see inferior Te, but enjoying the present is something I have to work for because I'm normally a major clumsy space-case and I'm not at all a stickler for details. Heck, I regret my graphic design major because it involved too much of the nitty-gritty part of artwork. Other than that, I can possibly see ISFP.

#8 ·
I see a lot of Fi and Se in this post, so I'm going to have to agree with ISFP being the best fit for you. Based on what's here, anyway.

It helps to know that thinking and feeling both have pros and cons. There is no superior trait. Sure, it can be difficult for feelers to get by in some parts of life that require more objective logic, but thinkers have a hard time getting by in situations where ethics and people-oriented responses are needed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.