Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friend A (Rachel):

Rachel is a quiet, sensitive character with a personality that is both childlike and smart. She's usually open to new experiences and enjoys spending time with a few close friends. She's easily distracted and scatterbrained - always daydreaming. She doesn't always know how to explain things or talk in a logical way. She's more likely to just blurt out a witty comment or random quote that seems to come out of nowhere. She can be very sarcastic. Sometimes she has a hard time standing up for herself. She usually gets very emotional and defensive, rather than forming a rational conversation. She has high standards and morals which she'd never compromise. At work, she prefers working alone. She works as a blog-writer for a website. Her passions include animals, indie music, fantasy, and the outdoors. In love, she can become a little obsessive, always worrying about what the other person thinks of her and trying to impress them. She's always trying to perfect her style, taking inspiration from her idols to form her own identity.

Friend B (Gemma):

Gemma is a playful character. Its hard to tell whether she's an extrovert or introvert because she can be both extremes. She's soft spoken and quiet but then suddenly becomes really loud and bubbly when excited. She generally prefers a few close friends over a big crowd, but she's always on social media and texting people. She has a bit of a punky sense of style and is covered in tattoos that symbolize things she is passionate about. She wants to be seen as individual and admires other people for their uniqueness. She is extremely creative and is a graphic designer. She likes to work independently. Usually she has this 'creative periods' where she shuts everything else out and becomes very serious until she's finished her project. She's a big perfectionist in that way, but has trouble in a 9 to 5 work environment. Her bedroom is covered in posters and artwork. She has a very temperamental attitude. She's either really passionate and excited, or cold and moody - never really calm. She's deeply sensitive like Rachel, but she handles her emotions a little differently. She is a lot more stubborn and has the ability to cut people off who hurt her and hold grudges longer than she needs to. Gemma is the kind of person who can obsess over something and give it all her attention, only to drop it cold one day when she has a negative experience from it.

Gemma and Rachel are best friends and both share the same passions when it comes to trying new things together and planning trips and adventures. They're extremely close and for this reason they can sometimes smother each other and argue, but something always draws them back together.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think the first one is an ENFP. Not sure about the second one, though. I know you said the first one was quiet and all, but I still think ENFP. Other possibilities are INFJ (with a good extraverted feeling function) or an ISFP (though if she was her extraverted sensing would have to be fairly weak) Seems like a shy ENFP.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
Second is SFP.

First probably INFP than ENFP.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Could Rachel be an ISFP and Gemma be an INFP? I've done a bit of research about INFPs in the past, and remember they do tend to form grudges a bit more than other types.

If either of them are dating, their partners' personality types could be useful too.

·
Banned
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could Rachel be an ISFP and Gemma be an INFP? I've done a bit of research about INFPs in the past, and remember they do tend to form grudges a bit more than other types.

If either of them are dating, their partners' personality types could be useful too.
Gemma is dating an ESFP. They're relationship is very intense - on/off.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
Gemma is dating an ESFP. They're relationship is very intense - on/off.
That's helpful... according to the research I've done so far (all on personality cafe if you want to look) INFPs and ESFPs can and occasionally do date, and a very intense on/off relationship makes a lot of sense. I was kind of hoping her boyfriend would be ENFJ or ESTJ so this would be easy :) However, the fact that she's dating an ESFP, along with your description, makes me think INFP. A big difference between ENFPs and INFPs in relationships is that ENFPs lean towards being smothering, potentially overinvolved in the relationship, and INFPs tend towards needing more space. So that might be useful.

The few INFP's (and Js) I've known have seemed almost like extroverts, but they still need time alone, uninterrupted, which is different from ENFPs. ENFPs don't Need time alone as much, from what I've seen, and are more ok with being interrupted.
This: "Usually she has this 'creative periods' where she shuts everything else out and becomes very serious until she's finished her project"
Is very, very INFP.

And for Rachel, this "Her passions include animals, indie music, fantasy, and the outdoors." makes me think ISFP. So does "She's more likely to just blurt out a witty comment or random quote that seems to come out of nowhere. She can be very sarcastic. Sometimes she has a hard time standing up for herself." because I'm very much like that, and an ESFJ, and our functions are similar.

I've always like these descriptions from this site:
http://www.personalitypage.com/INFP.html
http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFP.html
http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFP.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts