Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple months ago, my boyfriend took the myers briggs test and was told he was an INFP. I don't know too much about mbti stuff, but I was a bit surprised to find out that he had tested as an INFP like me. Although I do feel like there are similarities between us two, I just didn't really expect him to be the same type as me. Anyways I definitely know he's an introvert and I'm pretty sure he's a feeler and perceiver. The only thing I'm not too sure about is the S/N factor. So I guess I'll just list some stuff about him and see if that helps determine his type.

-Well he really likes sports and he's pretty good at them too. He loves surfing, snowboarding, football, soccer, etc. I'm not saying an INFP can't like sports, I'm just saying he likes to go out and do stuff. I don't know if thats helpful or not.

-Although he has a great fear of heights, he enjoys doing thrilling activities like riding roller coasters and things of that nature that involve being up high. I know he would jump at the chance to sky dive or bungee jump.

-He stares extensively at pieces of art and things with interesting designs.

-He becomes really restless if he's not doing anything. He'll go running three times a day just to avoid boredom. (I fear that might be a bit unhealthy)

-Also he's kind of a handyman in household.

-He is very observant, and happens to notice just about everything in his surroundings.

-He is a very compassionate person and he loves to help people. Sometimes I think he'll ignore his own needs to help people. He is always willing to do something for someone else, even if they are just trying to suck out as much work they can get out of him.

-Spirituality and things of those nature are also very important to him.

-He likes to get involved with human rights kind of things. I think he might want to become an activist.

Well hopefully some of that might help determine what his type might be. I know its not a lot of information but maybe it will be helpful. Thanks a lot :)

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Sounds like ISFP functions. Enneagram type 9 motivation. Sorry to be so curt, but I have to get some sleep now. Bye!

·
Registered
470 Posts
One of my ex boyfriends is an ISFP, and my dad it one too. One of the main differences between those two and me is that they're very practical and down-to-earth, and I'm always like "noooo it doesn't ALWAYS have to be that way!/I probably could fly if I really really really wanted to and really tried..." type things.

However, my ex wasn't into sports, and my dad likes to watch them and he does generally like them but he was never BIG into them, never played. Neither my dad nor ex are spiritual at all, not even a hint, and they're both good and well-intentioned but never in a million years could I ever see either of them becoming activists. They're both, despite not being spiritual, very moral, even more moral than I am. To the point where we get in arguments.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
He sounds INFP, and fairly like me, at that.

In my experience, a defining characteristic of ISFPs is that they reach emotional overload a lot faster then an INFP does.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
From what you've described, Se seems more obvious than Ne.

This REALLY suggests Se to me:

-He is very observant, and happens to notice just about everything in his surroundings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts