Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OKay, first of all I've taken the personality indicator tests and I've gotten various results. The results that I got from the past were:

-ISTP
-ENTP
-ISTJ
-ISFP
-ESTP

that's about it... well I'll just start by telling you guys a few things about myself (put on your stalker mode. loljk):

I re-read my forum posts after posting to make any correction or edits.. so I guess I'm a perfectionist to some degree?

At first, when I get a new desk, I enjoy organizing things by placing the items in their appropriate places. As time passes like a month or so, it starts to get messy and I do have the feeling that I should organize them, but I become lazy. But I use the Force on myself and really just re-organize them. Then I feel productive suddenly and be productive throughout the whole day.

Mostly, I procrastinate and do my homework late, but I do become depressed and regretful that I had actually procrastinated and that I wished I could have done it earlier. (doesn't everyone feel that way? lol)

I'm not really the people type person. I don't connect to people well, but I tend to make random conversations with strangers if I feel like it (just for the heck of it). And if a an environmental awareness person politely asks me to sign a small petition, I simply lie to him or her, "Sorry, but I'm late for something. Maybe you could make signs that portray your goals." because i feel i may waste time doing so. haha

I like actions. I like outdoor activities such as driving recklessly in the freeway, boating, playing soccer, piloting an airplane, etc, because they bring new experiences every time I do them. I don't particularly enjoy running because it's, well, i dunno.. boring? Nothing to do but run, run, run for years and years... unless I run with people then I'm fine. I don't know why but I enjoy the company when doing boring activities.

I like to write. I can definitely see myself as a creative writer or as a video game designer. I also enjoy listening to music as well as making remixes or completely composing my own. People tell me that my compositions are emotional and dramatic. Most of my Feeler (sounds perverted lol) friends like my music, but most of my Thinker friends comment how it sounds too emotional for their taste.

Speaking of music, I enjoy a WIDE variety of music. Not sure how wide? Maybe wider than your music teacher. I enjoy (not in order of preference): pop, rock, heavy metal, ballads, country, classical music, film/video game music, hip hop, new age, techno, dance, and even funky-fusions such as pop + heavy metal, techno + ballads, rock + new age, etc. ;)

I enjoy brainstorming ideas with either myself or others. I'd also imagine random things, such as the sky being purple at night or if I could make a current situation and make it into a side-story, etc. I just feel that I'm balanced between S and N but don't know which I'm more inclined to.

I'm not particularly outgoing. Most of the times, I'm quiet. I feel the need to go outside and have an adventure with action or think of new ideas for my music composition, video game, or a thriller book. Rather than talking with groups of people, I'd rather DO something with groups of people.

In my high school, I found soccer, music theory, and french to be my best subjects. I also excelled at beginning math but gradually worsened as I took harder courses. I wanted to join cartooning club and a creative writing club called "the Writer's Bloc" but I'd thought it'd be too much work so I decided against it. (I think you should get the gist that I'm lazy as a sloth, even if it comes to my interests)

I have very few close friends and many acquaintances.

I don't really care about certain things, such as rules. I don't mind them; I see them as unimportant things for me. I will either enforce them or break them at will. I also tend to behave like this (don't know how to explain atm): For example, one person gets stopped midway through the exit from the cafeteria when a staff member stops him and reminds him that food cannot be taken outside the dining hall. These two kids in front of me question that, saying to one another, "What's the point? He was in the middle of eating that burger yet he's stopped?" I feel annoyed by these kids' remarks. Why can't they just mind their own business and be like, "Oh well, sucks for him."

I think that would be enough to fill your brains with my personal information.. if you have any questions then ask :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
ESTP is my guess.

I re-read my forum posts after posting to make any correction or edits.. so I guess I'm a perfectionist to some degree?

At first, when I get a new desk, I enjoy organizing things by placing the items in their appropriate places. As time passes like a month or so, it starts to get messy and I do have the feeling that I should organize them, but I become lazy.

Mostly, I procrastinate and do my homework late, but I do become depressed and regretful that I had actually procrastinated and that I wished I could have done it earlier. (doesn't everyone feel that way? lol)
P. I like to think of it as procrastinator/perfectionist. While you do put things off, when you do them they have to be perfect (as opposed to just getting them done).

I'm not really the people type person. I don't connect to people well, but I tend to make random conversations with strangers if I feel like it (just for the heck of it). And if a an environmental awareness person politely asks me to sign a small petition, I simply lie to him or her, "Sorry, but I'm late for something," because i feel i may waste time doing so. haha
T. Yeah.

I like actions. I like outdoor activities such as driving recklessly in the freeway, boating, playing soccer, piloting an airplane, etc, because they bring new experiences every time I do them. I don't particularly enjoy running because it's, well, i dunno.. boring? Nothing to do but run, run, run for years and years... unless I run with people then I'm fine. I dont know why but I enjoy the company when doing boring activities.

Rather than talking with groups of people, I'd rather DO something with groups of people.
S.

I have very few close friends and many acquaintances.
E. I'm not sure about that one because you didn't mention much about your extro/introversion, but I get a stronger sense of E throughout your post.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
I get an ISTP vibe, but I'd take that with a pinch of salt if I were you-- I suck at typing.

Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes
If you haven't taken this test, then please do so now.

If you haven't, then what did you get and how do you think any mood changes or biases/stereotypes (e.g. Js are organized and Ps are disorganized or something like that) or anything like that MIGHT influence how you view your type?

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Added a few more things here:

I enjoy brainstorming ideas with either myself or others. I'd also imagine random things, such as the sky being purple at night or if I could make a current situation and make it into a side-story, etc. I just feel that I'm balanced between S and N but don't know which I'm more inclined to.

I don't really care about certain things, such as rules. I don't mind them; I see them as unimportant things for me. I will either enforce them or break them at will. I also tend to behave like this (don't know how to explain atm): For example, one person gets stopped midway through the exit from the cafeteria when a staff member stops him and reminds him that food cannot be taken outside the dining hall. These two kids in front of me question that, saying to one another, "What's the point? He was in the middle of eating that burger yet he's stopped?" I feel annoyed by these kids' remarks. Why can't they just be like, "Oh well, sucks for him."

Nomenclature: I'll take it when I have the time

EDIT: Also, I've been called a narcissist by my "friend" if that clicks something.. and some people thought I was a bit eccentric

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YES that is true, if you think about it... I know a SJ friend who tends to procrastinate with my SP buddies. But the invisible difference is that my SJ friend tends to procrastinate less, so I GUESS it's a matter of HOW much you let yourself enjoy procrastination that brands one with P or J.

But you left me thinking why you would put me as an ISTJ.. up to you to decide whether to help someone out or leave them hanging wondering :p

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Well, I thought ST because of the reasons given by Heather.

I have very few close friends and many acquaintances
I misread that as "very few close friends and acquaintances", which seemed to point to introvert. Haha, my mistake. Again, as Heather said you didn't really give that much information.

And as ISTP and ISTJ are a completely different set of functions, it's more than a matter of just J/P. I don't know really, I just got kind of an ISTJ vibe...

I'm sorry, I totally jumped into that. It was just a stab, like I said. I'm now thinking xSTP, but you're the only person who can determine that for sure. I'd highly recommend taking the test Nomenclature suggested and going from there.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here's some more info-

-I got labeled as an INTP from a -pretty- close friend of mine. Another friend thought I was an ESTP. Haha.. my ex girlfriend thought that I'd look pretty slick as a business manager, that I look E S/N T J
-I'm easy to distract. An acquaintance of mine jokingly asked if I had ADHD.
-When I'm alone, I usually play online games and chat with other players or go on Facebook and comment/chat with friends, because I dislike the feeling of being alone.
-I usually eat in the cafeteria by myself, as it saves time by not talking with people.
-Many commented on how eccentric I am... and how immature I can be. :)
-I speak first then think, mostly. (since it saves time. LOL)
-I'm very imaginative with my surroundings while focusing on the present. I have some troubles with theories, but it becomes more clear if an example is used.
-I'm slow at noticing details. For example, I get the impression of a picture, then notice the detail.
-I tend to judge a book by its cover..
-I like people who are smart, witty, sarcastic, and eccentric, such as Jack Sparrow, Bugs Bunny. I'm also attracted to people who are the silent yet deadly type, such as James Bond (Dalton, Craig), Aragorn (LotR), Jason Bourne.

I'm not sure if these will help, but its better than nothing

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here's some more info-

-I got labeled as an INTP from a -pretty- close friend of mine. Another friend thought I was an ESTP. Haha.. my ex girlfriend thought that I'd look pretty slick as a business manager, that I look E S/N T J
It's actually a lot harder to type in person than when simply reading a list of their thoughts online. At least, for me it is, because in order to really see someone's thought process you have to look beyond all those other impressions you get based off of what they wear, how they drive, how nice their smile is, etc. Those things usually are not good ways to type someone, but it's sometimes hard to ignore them when you're thinking about someone. So that could explain why your friends all think you're a different type.

-I'm easy to distract. An acquaintance of mine jokingly asked if I had ADHD.
-When I'm alone, I usually play online games and chat with other players or go on Facebook and comment/chat with friends, because I dislike the feeling of being alone.
-I speak first then think, mostly. (since it saves time. LOL)
These things definitely makes me think ESTP. Your one comment about how you eat alone looks introverted, but it's one against three, so it might just be one of your eccentricities.

-I'm very imaginative with my surroundings while focusing on the present. I have some troubles with theories, but it becomes more clear if an example is used.
-I'm slow at noticing details. For example, I get the impression of a picture, then notice the detail.
-I tend to judge a book by its cover..
Here your S is apparent. I'm sure everyone judges books by covers to some extent, but it strikes me as especially Sensing to base your judgement on something off of its appearance. I don't see much of any N in you at all. Even the things you used to describe your possible N just affirmed to me that you are a Sensor. Sensors have imagination as much as anyone else, but they imagine things that are more sensory-inclined, such as purple skies. Also, just saying "sucks for him" instead of standing up and saying "why?" in the case of the guy with the burger seems S to me. With my N, I'm always arguing when there is even the slightest flaw in the reasoning behind a rule, even when I actually have no problem with the rule itself. The fact that you simply accept it and don't bother questioning it because it's a rule shows you have a respect for rules, which is an S thing.

In your case, I think you use Se-Ti (ESTP) and not Si-Te (ISTJ). With ISTJs, I tend to get a much stronger impression of a closed box in the way they talk and reason, but you come off to me much more open. It's true that P and J aren't always in direct association with how neat/organized a person is, but I think based on your functions you are much more ESTP than anything else. My next best guess would be ESFP, but simply because you didn't mention your love of people I think that shows a lack of Fi, seeing as to how most who have Fi feel the need to bring it up.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
-ISTP
-ENTP
-ISTJ
-ISFP
-ESTP

I'm gonna take the easy way and go

3 I's
4 S's
3 T's
4 P's

ISTP.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Heather-

You probably hit the target, especially when you mentioned that sensors do have imagination. Now I realize and you know that i saw the 4 preferences in black and white, a flaw in my part. But how do ENTPs and ESTPs differ in their imagination? And if I said I liked the color purple, then will that mean I'm a feeler? You puzzled me there .. kinda. This stuff is confusing as hell, I want to see a clinical psychologist for this shit...but the thing is that I really don't want to spend it just for this.. maybe if I could find a personality psychology grad student in my university then he or she'd might give a hand..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Heather-

You probably hit the target, especially when you mentioned that sensors do have imagination. Now I realize and you know that i saw the 4 preferences in black and white, a flaw in my part. But how do ENTPs and ESTPs differ in their imagination? And if I said I liked the color purple, then will that mean I'm a feeler? You puzzled me there .. kinda. This stuff is confusing as hell, I want to see a clinical psychologist for this shit...but the thing is that I really don't want to spend it just for this.. maybe if I could find a personality psychology grad student in my university then he or she'd might give a hand..
Well, imagination is a bigger thing than just one function, but the main difference between ENTPs and ESTPs is that ENTPs have Ne and ESTPs have Se. If you don't know what I'm talking about, this forum has good stickied threads that talk about how functions work and what each one does. Ne tends to see possibilities and make connections. I use Ne, and when I imagine things or daydream, I always am creating crazy situations and possibilities that connect things that might not usually be connected (such as me falling in love with someone who lives 300 miles away.. :blushed:). My daydreams aren't about the details, but more about the ideas. So I might imagine how great it would be to kiss some guy, but I wouldn't focus on what the kiss would physically feel like because for me it's about the idea, not the details. This is why intuitives tend to be more fluent/interested in theory than sensors. Now, I don't have much Se and haven't talked to many Se-users about their daydreams, but I imagine that an ESTP might have more concrete, sensation-based or direct experience/factually based daydreams. Like how a purple sky would look, or how the best dinner in the world might taste. Not to say that every single daydream an ESTP has would have to do with a physical sense, but in all situations that would be one of the more central focuses.

It is pretty confusing at first, because there's a lot to think about. As for liking the color purple, that's entirely an opinion. Thinkers "like" things too, and what a person's favorite hobby/color is most of the time has nothing to do with type. Saying that INTJs love computers and INFPs love the rain are stereotypes.. so be careful about that with MBTI.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You deserve some serious promotion from a lousy 10% Progress . My XXXX is now down to XNXX.. still need to get rid of those X's ><

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OK friends

I finally figured it out. I'm slightly extroverted, in-between S and N, more comfortable applying logic with decisions, and very spontaenous (P)

so, EXTP.

Can I get more responses? c'mon!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts