Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an INTP (or at least I think so at the moment), I managed to make an imaginary continent last year in the confines of my mind. The continent had around 4 gigantic mountain ranges, one huge inland sea, deep isolated valley lakes in the mountain ranges, a desert surrounded by the mountain ranges that temporarily changed into a lake once every 7 years, and several river systems. I created a bizarre ecosystem for pretty much each part of the continent that would probably be impossible to sustain in real life.
For the inland sea, I imagined an ecosystem with a large diversity of catfish species including filter-feeding catfishes the size of whales and coral reefs that could withstand incredible salinity fluctuations.
For the deep valleys in the mountains, I imagined a tropical and extremely wet region with colorful land living (and even flying) mudskippers sustained by the moisture provided by the lake.
Finally, for the desert, I imagined an ecosystem based on primitive crustaceans (branchiopods) that laid eggs that could withstand desert conditions for many years. Whenever the desert became a lake, the eggs hatched and became huge prehistoric-fishlike crustaceans including bottom feeders, predators, and filter feeders.

Right now though, the imaginary worlds I tend to make up are more story-like and involve romance and tragedy (and human and human-like beings).

As INFPs, do you imagine fantastical worlds or places and if you do, what are they like?:happy:

·
Registered
66 Posts
As INFPs, do you imagine fantastical worlds or places and if you do, what are they like?:happy:
My imagination tends to dream up conversations with people or somescene which involves me. the scene is not that important it is more about the people involved and the feeling. i cant think of a fantasy to share because its just typical day-to-day kinda stuff.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I made 6 realms and a life for each of my stuffed animals when I was younger. They would interact with each other and each have different personalities (usually positive) and there would be events that would happen. It was very very complex and lasted for about 7 years

·
Registered
254 Posts
My imagination tends to dream up conversations with people or somescene which involves me. the scene is not that important it is more about the people involved and the feeling. i cant think of a fantasy to share because its just typical day-to-day kinda stuff.
I do this a lot, and whenever it's conversations with people I know, the scenes are always familiar places I've been with them. Nothing spectacular, really.

I made 6 realms and a life for each of my stuffed animals when I was younger. They would interact with each other and each have different personalities (usually positive) and there would be events that would happen. It was very very complex and lasted for about 7 years
I did this with my stuffed animals too, but the scenes I always imagined were often futuristic, underground, and obviously, hidden from the world above. They were often just sterile-looking places like the planet Kamino in Star Wars that were used more as a private place for conversation than anything else.

Probably the only fantasy worlds I imagine are the ones I see in movies or created by someone else, such as in a fictional story. Pokémon used to be one of them, Avatar too. But those generally fade away after I stop thinking about the movie/book, or when the effects of the movie/book wear off. I can't believe I even brought up Pokémon...

Disclaimer: Unsure whether or not I'm an INFP.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I've come to the conclusion I may have as much of an imagination as an INFP, I just never pay much attention to it lmao
This is because of the thread Mr Jones made in the ENFP section

·
Registered
538 Posts
I've had several imaginary places that I dreamt about when I was younger. One place was a soft pink sky place and with a bright pink rose in the center of the place. Then there was another place that there was the constellation of Libra on one side and Pisces on the other. The sky was a mixture of blue and pink with stars that shined all the time. There were flowers on the ground with bibles and(I think there were rosarys, too) gems inside the flowers.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
sometimes i believe i can see the fabric of reality and i can almost make out the tiny tears in it. What lies within those tears i have no clue yet:laughing: ya my imagination can run wild sometimes

·
Registered
12 Posts
A friend and I got the whole neighborhood into making up our own reality. We came up with the name Coolitona because it was cool, and someone liked anime too much. ^^; Anyway, everyone would draw creatures, plants, landscapes, etc. to include on the island. We'd write down descriptions for everything also. In high school I consolidated all of the drawings and made trading cards out of them, which was really cool. We would even role play in Coolitona because we all had our own characters with our own outfits. If you couldn't draw, you could get someone else to draw it for you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When i was younger, i used to dream up whole fantasy worlds in sleep. One of them is named Argonzia, and that is because the world is one big continent that has two parts: Argon and Gonzia. Argon is the western one. Gonzia is the eastern one. There is a desert in the middle between them and because of that they can both be treated as different continents. Now the adventure starts in a really really outlandish mountainrange snowish part of Argon that is far nouth. Where there lies a small village... We had a bow contest... I won. Then i somehow ended up in another part of Argon where there were modern roads and i entered a gun shop with three other people that seemed familiar (in the dream, they were my friends, no idea if i ever knew them in real life) We were stocking up on weapons for the big razors in the desert in the middle of Argonzia.

Then somehow a big landscape map apperaed... music played... and i saw a group of people walking east.

Next thing i know is i am in the city of the Moon in Gonzia, at the very east of Argonzia, and the city gets flooded with water..
Then i am outside of the city, on a river and i somehow talk with a giant blue dinosaur (one of those big ones which east plants)
Next thing i know, the dino transforms into a man. I know this one is my nemesis. We then fight a battle against each other, using our swords, and in the end he capitulates. I spare him and then i see myself standing towards the setting sun, my cape fluttering.

Btw, the dinosaur was one of the "Big Grey Ones", if you wanted to know that. But i have no idea what that means, the name just popped up in my head as i dreamt.:laughing:

Oh and i think then the dream somehow ended and turned into a romance story.... i will not elaborate more :wink:

·
Registered
99 Posts
i can imagine places or create them easily but my imagination tends to revolve around people and their character/feelings more than places.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Most of my fantasies are "what if" alternate realities. Like what if I had this power and then my imagination will play out like a movie that I just get caught up in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts