Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What type do you think Dan Reynolds is from Imagine Dragons.
Here are some lyrics:

We were never welcome here.
We were never welcome here at all.
No.

It's who we are.
Doesn't matter if we've gone too far.
Doesn't matter if it's all okay.
Doesn't matter if it's not our day.

No matter what we breed
We still are made of greed

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones.
Enough to make my systems blow.

We are all living the same way
We are escaping the same way
Circling
We are a part of the same play
We think we're making our own way
Circling

//Strangely enough all the ideas portrayed in the lyrics reflect my own thoughts and were a simply verification once I heard them. I'm thinking INTP but could be INFP. I know he's not an E cuz he's extremely awkward on stage and quiet in interviews. And the straight forward yet dynamic lyrics remind me of my own NT thoughts.

// Anyways what let me know what you guys think

·
Registered
136 Posts
I saw them live a couple months ago and I didn't think Dan was that awkward. Maybe that's just me though haha

Anyway, I think he's def Fi-dom, but I'm not sure about INFP. He doesn't seem to have that much Ne, but I do see Si. For now I'll say ISFP, but I'll see. Maybe I need to watch some more interviews with him.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw them live a couple months ago and I didn't think Dan was that awkward. Maybe that's just me though haha

Anyway, I think he's def Fi-dom, but I'm not sure about INFP. He doesn't seem to have that much Ne, but I do see Si. For now I'll say ISFP, but I'll see. Maybe I need to watch some more interviews with him.
thats interesting i think i forget about ISFP's cuz they are so quiet

·
May Child
1,123 Posts
Lyrically discusses a lot of physical sensations and the desire to feel a 'moment', adrenaline etc... individualism, being his true self. I'd say Se and Fi, so ISFP or ESFP most likely.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I’ve listened to Night Visions a million times. “It’s Time” was OUR song in my senior year of high school. Fucking love this band.

INTP 4w5

Kids were laughing in my classes
While I was scheming for the masses
Who do you think you are?
Dreaming 'bout being a big star”

Something that would happen to an INTP 4w5. Most 4w5 lyric I have ever heard - “scheming for the masses”, “dreaming about being a big staaarr”

Hands down. His spouse is most likely INTJ 9w1.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Good at music doesn’t equate to Fi-Ne or Fi-Se.

i think when it comes to online PersonalityCafe vocabulary in these forums, they immediately assume that every musician is automatically an ISFP - Sure these people are good at performances, but that doesn’t immediately make them an extroverted Sensor.

Every person here is constantly thinking, “Se is da function dat appreciates da experience. “, and this is just not true.

Having been a performer and a musician in my high school years and also after at university, I would say that literally every individual going up on a stage would have to appreciate the “experience” in some way and in turn would look like a stereotypical Se user.

His reaction to events, his logical thought process which defines his character is an obvious INTP 4w5. He might as well be the archetypal example of an INTP.

He reveals to us his logical thought process here at: 1:19

“we’re just trying to do things that make it like , more of an experience, we want the production to reach out and touch the people, and of course, you want get on stage, and bring it every night”

It follows the process of reasoning (often close to inductive reasoning) that Ti doms go through, “if we make it like x, then we will get a certain y z result from the audience’. His approach to his performance and the “experience”, is overtly Ti.

His focus is also on Ne, and generating possibilities and “What If” scenarios, the whole “experience” he described is completely hypothetical and is a “what if” scenario - his mind, didn’t really go to describing in detail , the history of their performances.. but went to describing a possible performance.

and again here, at 0:50

His focus is Ne, (making associations between themes and the actual music itself) on the themes of the music and then it leads to a causal “vibe”, which is “right” musically. (Ti, inductively reasoning a certain conclusion about what seem a to be a “concept album”) Of course , it’s gonna be vague, it’s music after all, even a Ti-dom would have a hard time linking up his reasons to conclusions for why this masterpiece, sounds better than this masterpiece.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts