Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose we are watching television like normally we watch and suddenly one news flash ups - there will be no Google available in few upcoming hours, Google is shutting down its service. Imagine how disaster you'll feel? for me the first word comes out will be FUCK, whats your? :laughing:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Imagine - a forum with less of your endless threads!

All kidding aside, this question is easy: use another search engine.
If you wanted to ask a real question, it should have been: "Imagine - no interent" or, "Imagine - having to actually look shit up on your own in the absence of free online search engines"

·
Registered
57 Posts
i love google:X , life would suck without it.
im lazy, yahoo is to complicated.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Bing!

On a more serious note, if all search engines went down for a few hours, I'd just get off the computer, period. I'm actually not as obsessed as some of you, I can tell. :p

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
It's not like Google is the only search engine available or anything...

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
My thoughts have already been represented. There are other search engines, google is not alone.

·
Registered
142 Posts
ummm... hmmm i guess i'll have to live life like i did in the 17 years i was alive before google was around. not a big loss..
i swear.. an EMP or solar flare is gonna disrupt our grid and half the people in our generation are gonna shit themselves lol

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Someone once seriously asked me "How did people learn things before Google?". Trust me, I looked around and waited a bit for any sign of sarcasm but none was to be found. The only words that were capable of leaving my mouth were "em, books..... books."

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
It'll be pretty easy to actually rebuild google.
Just make a web spider/crawler/etc.
Viola.
It might just take a while however, that's why there's a lot of search sites, if you haven't noticed.
The only thing different between them and google, is that google has been here longer and thus is the more accurate, or abundant.

·
Registered
466 Posts
If Google didn't exist, I imagine AOL would still be fairly prominent.
...I miss having mail and...I forgot what I was gonna say next. I was just asked to rub cream on the dog's face. o_O

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Suppose we are watching television like normally we watch and suddenly one news flash ups - there will be no Google available in few upcoming hours, Google is shutting down its service. Imagine how disaster you'll feel? for me the first word comes out will be FUCK, whats your? :laughing:

ask.com will be my new browser. is my first thought :D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Then I'd have to use Bing! which is made by Microsoft, which, especially with the increased traffic, will freeze every single time I try to press the send button, and will thus be so innefficient that I'll say "Oh just forget it!" and drive myself to the library to the reference section only to realize that it's Friday and after 5 and thus the library is closed. THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED! so I'll end up shouting "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!" at the doorstep of the library and wonder what society is coming to.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Also....who's going to put up that fun interactive moog doodle now?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I've got a set of encyclopedias on my bookshelf, no big deal.

No YouTube on the other hand, now that would suck!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts