Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think, how would the world and human society look within couple of generations after all NF's would suddenly disappear one day?

WARNING! Heavy dramatization :
Cities filled with buildings which look like one another. It’s almost impossible to tell one district of the city from another. Even cities all look alike. Everyones apartments are filled with the same furniture. Walls painted the same colors. Streets are filled with few different models of cars which all are painted grey or black. People often getting in some strangers cars, thinking it’s theirs. All life is perfectly scheduled. Even though, everyone going to and from work at the same time, theres no traffic jams. Everything is in order. Life seems to be synchronized. Effectiveness and productivity of human work has been increased, yet reached a limit due to a lack of creativity. It’s easier to follow well established ways then look for new alternatives.
People walking around dressed in the same boring clothes. One could never tell who is who by looking at them from distance. When they meet each other, they only use a handshake. Last hug was given in year 2046, by accident. You can rarely hear someone laugh. Having conversations has never been easier though. You can talk with anyone about your thoughts and have a huge chance that they will agree to every word you said.
After coming home from work, people sit down and watch news where anchor is reporting about last months productivity and the overall stability of their boring lives. There hasn’t been a new movie in decades. People occasionally watch some old movies to fill their day. Music has been replaced with a huge clock ticking on the wall( Tic-Tac-Tic-Tac​). Theaters and opera houses have went bankrupt long time ago. Who needs them anyway? Last book of fictional literature has been recycled. Oh, and its October 13[SUP]th[/SUP]. Time for an annual sex with your partner. Just so that you wouldn’t forget how its done, for the sake of future generations.

DONT JUDGE ME :D Im just dramatizing.

What scenario do you see? How would the World look like. How people would look like? How would they behave, how would they entertain themselves?
Which temperament type would take over the world?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
But... You'd still have xSFPs and ENTPs so it wouldn't really be much like that at all...
Thats why I said "after couple of generations". Since we are social beings, we are learning and influencing each other, and I believe that NF's are a driving force behind creativity, art, music etc. So if they would disappear, the types you mentioned would be on their own and perhaps after some time lose that spark and blend into the "greyness". Its as if when you take out the loud and misbehaving kids from the class, the others eventually calm down.

Plus, it was meant to be dramatization.

Reactions: dizzymeup

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, you don't have a very positive view of other times eh?
No, its not like that... We all have our place in society...
I just thought it would be fun to envision the world without NF types. Offending other types and glorifying NF's was not my intention at all. This was meant to be a fun thread with some hyperboles and exaggerations. It was not meant to be serious. Didnt really expect people to react the way they did here...

·
Registered
130 Posts
@Eliyass Haha, wow, I think your world is terribly biased. A lack of idealists isn't going to affect the world like that. The role of NFs in society is mostly to provide a collective conscience or some sort of moral guidance.

Creativity is by no means dead, but it has undergone a shift. In the art world, there is more impressionist and far less abstract, picasso-esque work since art is now dominated by the SFs who paint the world as they see it. Although the common man can now understand what the heck is going on in each piece, art museums overall are far less popular. The movie industry really only does action or thriller movies now. The romantic-comedy genre is pretty much gone, but no one really minds because they were the worst ones anyway.

Without the INFJs and INFPs to judge their ideas as immoral, the ENTPs have improved the world according to their own subjective views. Actually, all the thinkers experience greater freedom in implementing their ideas for efficiency in society. The environmental groups are all but dead since approximately half the feelers no longer exist, and so there is far less outcry about deforestation and the like. After a few years, productivity and efficiency sky rockets. However, the effect on the environment eventually reaches a point where the air is toxic to breathe. Forced into action, the world elects a world president who is probably an ENTJ, and under the world government, all issues are more or less solved. For a time...

However, with the introduction of the power that comes with being elected 'president of the entire world', tensions mount as each country attempts to control it. War becomes increasingly common, but peace talks become less. Eventually the world government collapses due to internal pressures. However, the era of war has been born, and the the government's collapse does little to obstruct it. If anything, the collapse leads to greater anarchy. The number of countries in the world quickly halves as stronger countries invade and integrate the weaker ones.

Europe is separated into only three countries: 'The United British Kingdom Republic' occupying western Europe; 'The Spanish-Franco-German Empire', which includes Italians, although Italy all but collapsed when half their artists disappeared; and 'Everyone Else Country', cause I ran out of names and I don't remember all the countries in Europe.

Australia is left to itself because it's full of crazy deadly wildlife. Once they are able to tame the crocodiles, drop bears and other assorted flora and fauna to be used as weapons, the Australians quickly conquer most of the Pacific ocean. Many countries choose to surrender rather than risk dealing with having their faces clawed out by drop bear paratroopers. A bloodless conquer for the most part, although New Zealand puts up a good fight once they hypnotise their sheep into super soldiers, since they have so many.

China has become a world power since it was mostly unaffected by a disappearance of Idealists; their economy being very Rational and Overseers based. Their strategy of conquering weaker nations while they are struggling with internal conflicts is quite effective. In fact, the Chinese seeking to unite most of Asia results in record low unemployment in the previously poorer nations as China continues to use its increasing resources to achieve high levels of economic growth. Already isolated from the world, and lacking in any real gains to be had from conquering it, North Korea is largely unaffected by the anarchy.

The US at first attempts to conquer the whole of North America, but they settle for a joint Republic with the Canadians after only a few short years. An effective partnership, and with few powers of similar strength in the area, the newly formed 'Republic of the United Colonies' is more or less free to do as it wishes. Taking over all but a few pockets of resistance in South America, the RUC turns to Africa. Situated in the middle of the three big powers of Europe, America and Asia, Africa becomes the scene for World War III. The Australian Pacific Empire decides to remain neutral in this conflict, and instead focuses on breeding its defenses of dangerous animals and distributing them throughout the Empire.

Eventually, sick of all the war, the Rationals build a giant spaceship and set out to colonise some far off planet. Before they leave, they nuke Earth several times over to ensure no one follows them. With Earth having succumbed to a nuclear apocalyptic scenario, and most organisms dead or dying, the world as we know it has fallen apart.

All because someone wanted to know what would happen if the NFs all left... :tongue:

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
... sounds like North Korea. Have you been reading We by Evgeny Zamyatin?

·
Registered
130 Posts
... sounds like North Korea. Have you been reading We by Evgeny Zamyatin?
Nope, this came entirely from my own head. Though if this guy writes like this, I think I might look him up.

·
Banned
2,373 Posts
@eleventhheart, get the Natasha Randall translation. Zamyatin is such a good writer; I've never seen anyone pull off using mathematics as adjectives and grammatically restructure the sentence as an algebraic equation and make work. And be completely lucid at the same time. This is the book to inspire Orwell to write 1984. The thing reads like a dystopian hallucination when sex is government sanctioned, people have no names and where the building and life are transparent.

Reactions: eleventhheart

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
@eleventhheart
Thanks! Something like that is what I was expecting.. I think i'll write another one this week.

·
Banned
16,000 Posts
I was thinking about this earlier. What would Earth be like if only one type existed? Like if everyone was INFJ for example.

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
What do you think, how would the world and human society look within couple of generations after all NF's would suddenly disappear one day?

WARNING! Heavy dramatization :
Cities filled with buildings which look like one another. It’s almost impossible to tell one district of the city from another. Even cities all look alike. Everyones apartments are filled with the same furniture. Walls painted the same colors. Streets are filled with few different models of cars which all are painted grey or black. People often getting in some strangers cars, thinking it’s theirs. All life is perfectly scheduled. Even though, everyone going to and from work at the same time, theres no traffic jams. Everything is in order. Life seems to be synchronized. Effectiveness and productivity of human work has been increased, yet reached a limit due to a lack of creativity. It’s easier to follow well established ways then look for new alternatives.
People walking around dressed in the same boring clothes. One could never tell who is who by looking at them from distance. When they meet each other, they only use a handshake. Last hug was given in year 2046, by accident. You can rarely hear someone laugh. Having conversations has never been easier though. You can talk with anyone about your thoughts and have a huge chance that they will agree to every word you said.
After coming home from work, people sit down and watch news where anchor is reporting about last months productivity and the overall stability of their boring lives. There hasn’t been a new movie in decades. People occasionally watch some old movies to fill their day. Music has been replaced with a huge clock ticking on the wall( Tic-Tac-Tic-Tac​). Theaters and opera houses have went bankrupt long time ago. Who needs them anyway? Last book of fictional literature has been recycled. Oh, and its October 13[SUP]th[/SUP]. Time for an annual sex with your partner. Just so that you wouldn’t forget how its done, for the sake of future generations.

DONT JUDGE ME :D Im just dramatizing.

What scenario do you see? How would the World look like. How people would look like? How would they behave, how would they entertain themselves?
Which temperament type would take over the world?
Pfffff.

You'd still have NTs.

Lack of creativity? C'moonn... Tons of NTs are artists. And good ones.

Also, SFs are pretty funky too, and creative, and stuff. Lots of bling bling. Texturized, colourful modern art. Surrealism could actually be SFs playing around with concrete ideas. They put the realism in surrealism, hey? :3

Creativity wouldn't be an issue.

But, we'd be lacking that rare hint of idealistic vision that NFs bring. They have a vision of kindness, and of changing the world to one of more compassion.

The SFs are too in-the-moment compassionate, for the most part, to put together a vision. They could of course, and it could still be there, but it would take more work, and they'd need help. An NT could probably assist, if they saw merit, and potential possibilities and innovation.

The NTs can be very compassionate, but they'd probably be more interested in fantastic visions of innovation and creativity outside the pursuit of a human element beyond bouncing ideas.

SJs will opt for organization and business strategy, but they can be compassionate too.

I suppose we'd be missing that element of wackiness and disregard for what other people think. If humour were taken over by the SJs or SFs.. Frog forbid... And the intellectual and amusing discussions NTs and NFs can share, bridging the gap from Tness to Fness.

Nah, you NFs can stay just where you are. :kitteh:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Suddenly, I'm of the mind that NF's are relatively useless and laden with swiveling dreams, and possibly our only reason for existence is to be admired by our counterparts. .... Huh, I can get behind that. ;P

·
Registered
506 Posts
less drug induced orgies, adult swim wouldn't have any of the weird bits in their commercials, more koalas

·
Registered
33 Posts
i'm new to all the temperment types but from my perspective the world would be dreary. i would be pleased to not be existing. life needs variation to keep it interesting. they would look plain and behave like selfish (facially) expressionless snobs perhaps?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts