Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Lotus Jester
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to even things out, since I'm really want to see some balance here; since based on the similar thread with Fe in the title, many of the adjectives for unhealthy and immature Fe seem to be almost the same.

The only differences that I can see with some poorly developed Fi users is: a maintaining I'll do whatever the hell I feel like regardless whether it hurts anyone or not. I'll impose my values on others and condescend and insult them, if they disagree with me.

Otherwise, it seems to be pretty much the same difference.
Is Fe bashing just another misdirected cognitive type witch hunt?

Because, any time there is a thread created to dump on Fe, some disgruntled Fi users go to town and IMO, that reeks of function bullying.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well, I do think immature Fe is more likely to disrespect boundaries than Fi. They are others oriented, so when that is immature, it's more likely to actively assault the social order. Like I mentioned in the other thread: bossiness, gossip, projection (guilt tripping), triangulation.

Fi would tend toward being judgmental, as in assuming that anything that did not automatically conform to its hierarchy of values is bad. It may or may not be, but Fi can be myopic in its judgmemts. ISTJs especially due to relatively weak N which, if better developed, would provide for other possibilities or at least more accurate insight.

I would argue that an Fi user unloading on someone is attempting to define that person in terms of their own values. I believe Fe would be inclined to use shame and the other person's sense of obligation. They could look the same, but people can do the same or similar things for entirely different reasons.

·
Registered
7,063 Posts
I'll talk to Fi since I'm Fi-Dom.

Immature Fi can go in three ways, two are ignorant, the other is annoying.

Ignorant: "Everybody thinks/feels the same way I do"
Or: "Nobody thinks/feels the same way I do"
Annoying: "Everybody should think/feel the same way I do"

So, probably black and white thinking?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
My mum is Fi dom. She has no idea how much she made me question my mental sanity. Still love her, she s amazing!

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
My thoughts? I clicked on this thread happy to oblige but this looks like a disingenuous attempt to denigrate Fi in order to type-bully back some disgruntled Fi-users.

Later.
If you don't do it for the OP, maybe you could reconsider your stance towards genuinely interested people.

Reactions: triste

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Guys, can't you just stop nitpicking semantics bs? You could just give your own subjective version of immature Fi...

Reactions: the401

·
Registered
993 Posts
Guys, can't you just stop nitpicking semantics bs? You could just give your own subjective version of immature Fi...
lol.

i really don't know....... lol.

it's hard for me to decide because i don't have a clear idea of my own definition of maturity that doesn't contradict the very definition of what Fi is.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Not on this thread. I can, however, PM you within two days. Please remind me!
If that s all I can get, I feel honored, and I will PM, thanks. However, I have to state that I feel sorry that you didn't manage to get over it.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Is Fe the bullying function? Fi users tend to be happy to let people be.

well yea i guess.. but as a Fi -dom for me personally i'm not happy or anything it's that i literally just don't care. asking people questions and stuff that Fe does drains me.

i don't know if Fe is the bullying functions . but i think it all just depends on how you use it. it can be used for bullying though.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
Bullying involves Force & Opposition. Both have a responsibility in it. One can't simply label something as being too forceful without recognizing the relative weaker opposition.

Also, I think every function (probably more noticeably a judging one) has the potential to be bullying, it is not particularly inherent to any of them.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
If that s all I can get, I feel honored, and I will PM, thanks. However, I have to state that I feel sorry that you didn't manage to get over it.
It isn't matter of hurt feelings or getting over it. It's a matter of principle and personal ethics. I don't oblige type-bullying even in response to other type-bullies. This is the essence of Fi.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
It isn't matter of hurt feelings or getting over it. It's a matter of principle and personal ethics. I don't oblige type-bullying even in response to other type-bullies. This is the essence of Fi.
Ok, thanks for clarifying this.
Disappointment => Respect :D

Reactions: Dao
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.