Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I meant love in many different kinds of form, not only romantic love although romantic love is included.

Is it important to you that you have many people who love and admire you? Or do you much prefer just having a select few you can invest in with as much emotional attachment as you want?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
No. I love and appreciate myself enough to satisfy me. It frustrates me that others don't appreciate me, but I don't really require them to. It would just be nice if they did.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It's not important to me to have people who admire me, but it is important to me to have people who love me. It doesn't matter how many there are, as long as it's true love in any of its many forms.

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
It's important to me to have a few strong connections with close friends. I do best working alone, but I like working with one or two people focused more.

·
MOTM Dec 2012
12,239 Posts
i crave love. unfortunately, love does not favor me. :sad:

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am depressed I don't have more people to express my love to, no one is safe. Friends never cease to dissapoint, and meeting new people seems hard for both parties because I have such high standards (want honesty). I hope for a more loving tomorrow, hopefully full of idealist crazies like me.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Essentially I am myself and in that way would not need anyone else. But part of my personality is that I need to be able to love others and in that sense I do need other people. It is much more for the love that I need to give than for the love I need to receive.

But definitely not for admiration. It helps but I don't need it.

And numbers do not matter at all. All I need is a select few good people I can relate to well.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I don't care whether people love or admire me, I don't need their satisfaction to live life.

That doesn't mean I love myself, but I will say I love people no matter how much I hate them. It's an odd paradox, but that's really how I see things.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I don't crave admiration from many people, totally the opposite. I don't like being the centre of attention and I cringe when I see people blatantly begging for attention and approval from everyone like my ESFJ mother does. I don't need to share my emotional estates with the world at large, again totally the opposite, for me love and trust means letting you in my inner world. I don't need to drag everybody to it, it's a very internal process and I dont expect everybody to constantly take me and my feelings into consideration (bit self deprecating I know), only the people closest to me and even though I understand some just don't "do" emotion and I deal with them in the most "sensing" way I can (by hiding my emotions).

I do seek the love and approval of the very few people that are really close to me, mostly from a partner. I need romantic love and affection to function properly, but in a very passive way. I dont go out of my way to force anyone to show me attention or love because if it doesnt come voluntarily from them, it has no value for me.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I find it very important. I had an epiphany one day, I know some people look to god to receive unconditional love and I've never been particularly religious but I realized that from the moment I was born my parents gave me unconditional love and i realized how lucky I was to receive this. On the other hand, romantically I am yet to find someone who gives me what I need. When it comes to friendship it is one of the focal points of my life and I prefer a select group of close friends.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts