Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm curious about something. How important is the aesthetic appearance of others when dating to you? As an INFP, I could honestly care less and it's way less important than others make it out to be. The conscience of a person is so much more important to me, but what about INTJs?

·
Registered
946 Posts
Hey i'm curious about something. How important is the aesthetic appearance of others when dating to you? As an INFP, I could honestly care less and it's way less important than others make it out to be. The conscience of a person is so much more important to me, but what about INTJs?
It's very important to me. Though I don't know if all INTJ's think this way, I'm sure many will relate.

You used the term, "aesthetic appearance," which I read differently from, "physical appearance." The latter is objective and neutral; it's just descriptive, with no value or preference attached. But the former, that's different. INTJ's tend to be both well-thought-out and individualistic about our philosophies, and because aesthetics is a field of philosophy, we have our own ideas of what is beautiful. I would guess that beauty (in the high, philosophical sense) is valuable to most INTJ's.

Moreover, neither subjective ideas of beauty nor objective perceptions about physical appearance can be wholly isolated from, as you put it, "the conscience of a person." A person's physical self-presentation can tell you a ton about them: their culture, their lifestyle, their preferences, their beliefs, their personality, etc. I tend to look at these things in a person all at once, and my perception of each informs the others -- that is to say, I look at a person's physicality differently when I see what's behind it.

The physical and spiritual beauty of a person are equally important to me, because they are the same thing in my eyes.

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
It's the most important aspect. I used to appreciate the other qualities more than looks in a person until I realized
you can never trust that as it changes and/or people lie. Thus physical attraction remains the thing that the other person cannot hide/fake.

Reactions: Aenye

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thus physical attraction remains the thing that the other person cannot hide/fake.

Oh dear you must be pretty young to say stuff like that.... Beauty does not last.

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Oh dear you must be pretty young to say stuff like that.... Beauty does not last.
Oh dear, the OP said "dating" not "marrying" not that I see marriage anything different than leasing a car, there's always gonna be a newer more attractive model. Call me shallow.

·
Registered
227 Posts

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
You're not shallow.. You're just a victim of modern marketing and a slave to social conventions.
Nope, I'm a pragmatist having to live in a society victim of modern marketing and social conventions.
You're confusing me for them, I didn't start this crap, they did, I'm just forced to follow or remain alone. It's just a preference.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nope, I'm a pragmatist having to live in a society victim of modern marketing and social conventions.
You're confusing me for them, I didn't start this crap, they did, I'm just forced to follow or remain alone. It's just a preference.
Ok, so what you're saying basically is that you're just another pathetic sheep... Interesting....

Reactions: Nafatali

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
Ok, so what you're saying basically is that you're just another pathetic sheep... Interesting....
Well, yeah. But to be honest I kind of enjoy being a pathetic sheep, the sex is amazing when the person looks great, you know, for the rest(personality) there's the very few close friends I have :kitteh:.

·
Registered
979 Posts
intj's always watch the super model shows. what goes inside an intj's mind is, that if he observer them enough, hell know how to become one.

when the intj believes he she has attained that status, you can see the anxiety through their movement when someone doesnt see them like they see themselves.

if you take a measure of an intj's pose and clothings, it will be very clear, that that is the intj's life. nothing happens inside their heads. apart from dreaming how to become even more "cool".

anything that threatens the intj's belief about their intellect, habits, or appearance, is something they would rather not think of.

when the intj believes he has became the most charming and intelligent person, he will actually, for the first time in years, smile at another human. and even talk! however, this is a rare phenomena. normally they prefer to spend their times in front of that science book.

·
Banned
2,064 Posts
intj's always watch the super model shows. what goes inside an intj's mind is, that if he observer them enough, hell know how to become one.

when the intj believes he she has attained that status, you can see the anxiety through their movement when someone doesnt see them like they see themselves.

if you take a measure of an intj's pose and clothings, it will be very clear, that that is the intj's life. nothing happens inside their heads. apart from dreaming how to become even more "cool".

anything that threatens the intj's belief about their intellect, habits, or appearance, is something they would rather not think of.

when the intj believes he has became the most charming and intelligent person, he will actually, for the first time in years, smile at another human. and even talk! however, this is a rare phenomena. normally they prefer to spend their times in front of that science book.
Oh baby you just described me the ugly duckling that became a beautiful swan :). Spot on description :)

·
Registered
946 Posts

What is this I don't even...

Seriously, is this sarcasm, or for real? I can't follow your logic either way.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts