Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Artists , I'm kinda between ENTJ & ESTJ personality , In any case in both of them the introverted Feeling's function SUCKS , and i know for sure that it sucks in me too .

I was wondering since your primary function is introverted feeling , Is there like ways to improve this function ? I need to be more compassionate . I think if i don't earn it in me , The best way to do it is " Fake it till you make "

How could you possibly read someone's Feelings ?? This is really amazing :happy:

Looking forward for your replies

·
Registered
28 Posts
Me personally, I can just tell emotions really well. I had one chick tell me that i'm "very intuitive", never really gave it much thought at the time but after finding out i'm an ISFP and really looked into the characteristics and I've noticed i can just feel it.

In a relationship I observe a lot, I pay attention to her feelings, what makes her happy and what doesn't and I want to make her happy. If something changes I notice and ask whats wrong or how are things.

·
Registered
385 Posts
@Alrweesm I think reading this will answer your question:

...When we use Feeling in an Introverted way, it operates as a kind of inner flame--a sense of personal values that may be difficult to explain or express directly but whose character informs our choices and inclinations...

...Introverted Feeling ... encourages a personal relationship to an evolving pattern, a will to gauge the situation by an experiential ideal. For example, if we use Introverted Feeling to make a good spaghetti sauce, we won't follow recipes or measure ingredients. We'll sample the sauce as we're making it, gauging its taste, smell, and texture by their ideal outcome and adjusting for circumstantial variables so the emerging pattern stays on track...

...To invoke Introverted Feeling, we have to know the difference between a good outcome and a bad one--know with our senses, in our bones [on the basis of living, breathing, first-hand experience]...

...Introverted Feeling relies on the inward, right-brain criteria of experience and empathy to mark off decisions that go beyond our roles in society to affect us as human beings. Law and custom, after all, are the lowest common denominator of a defined community. We associate character and humane behavior with the moral imperatives shaped by inner values...

...An inner point of reference, one trained by personal experience. [Bypassing matters of social standing] to focus on the quintessentially human."

Introverted Feeling (Fi) is the attitude that everything that is manifest (apparent, observable, described) is the expression of a soul or life force, in terms of which everything ultimately makes sense. Everything that happens is the result of a soul expressing its unique nature.

From this attitude, each living thing is completely unique, and has unique needs. Every living thing needs to express itself and grow in its unique way. None of this can be put into categories or measurements, at least not without blotting out that utter uniqueness of each living thing. Because we are all living things, even though each of us is unique we can still connect to the life force as it exists in others. From an Fi standpoint, the way to respond to things is in a way that is faithful to that underlying life force....

Introverted Feeling (Fi) is the attitude of judging things good or bad based on how they harmonize or clash with a living being's inner essence. That inner essence or soul, and how things in the environment get along with it or conflict with it, is knowable only first-hand--ultimately, only by that soul. It is known by attending to one's own emotions in response to things. What you like is good--for you, not necessarily good for others. What you don't like is bad--for you, not necessarily bad for others. Anything outside your own soul is irrelevant to evaluating anything or choosing your course in life.
As a Dominant Function, Fi leads IFPs to live a life based on empathy and harmony between self and others--and/or to see life as a never-ending conflict between souls that are intrinsically different and opposed. ISFPs typically seek out a space in which they can be completely and spontaneously themselves, following their artistic impulses without regard to social expectation or definition of any sort. Some do their best to live life as a soap opera: creating and living out intense drama wherever they go. INFPs typically seek to understand the world in terms of drama, emotion, and people seeking their own unique callings (perhaps Garrison Keillor is a good example of that). Some, like John Gray, attempt to help others understand each other through empathy with each other's differences, and thereby find peace and synergy.

Developed Fi naturally leads people to favor mercy or forgiveness for people who have done heinous acts--anything from theft to murder to genocide--acts that, under the ordinary laws that make a society manageable (see Extraverted Thinking), would usually merit their imprisonment or execution. From a developed Fi perspective, the criminal is still a living soul, still unique and precious despite whatever he may have done. If we walked in his moccasins for a while, maybe we could see it his way. Without condoning his crimes, maybe we could see how we ourselves could have done the same things under similar circumstances. This use of empathy as one's ultimate anchor of orientation leads to a resolute non-judgementalness. First empathize--find something in your own heart that lets you see how someone could feel and act the way he did--and then you will probably find that you no longer feel hatred or a desire for retribution.
Source

·
Heretic
ESI 9w8 5w4 2w1
10,673 Posts
Hi there Artists , I'm kinda between ENTJ & ESTJ personality , In any case in both of them the introverted Feeling's function SUCKS , and i know for sure that it sucks in me too .

I was wondering since your primary function is introverted feeling , Is there like ways to improve this function ? I need to be more compassionate . I think if i don't earn it in me , The best way to do it is " Fake it till you make "

How could you possibly read someone's Feelings ?? This is really amazing :happy:

Looking forward for your replies
Why do you have a goal?
Isn't it because it fulfills a value in you?
Let you Te be guided by an inner sense of personal value.
Don't get caught up in a chain of goals that have no deeper purpose.
By what standard are you crafting your goals?
Why is X more important than Z?

·
Registered
109 Posts
It's funny that you have a hard time with Fi when most of the time that is how I live my life and make choices, by my feelings. I can see how it would be hard for someone who thinks rationally and doesn't associate things with emotions. But I can literally look at a cup and it's design and get a feeling about it. Or a chair. Or the color of something. Or I may get a feeling from a person and that decides whether or not I like them. I am SO in tune with my emotions all the time even if I can't put them into words, and the things around me affect my mood a lot. So if my environment isn't good or even aesthetically pleasing my mood will be different.

When you get up in the morning, how are you feeling? When something happens or someone says something to you, how do you feel about it? How do you think your actions or your words could effect someone emotionally? Emotional people want others to sort of tend to their emotions, some more than others. Don't rationalize what's going on, but focus on the feeling you get from the outside stimulus or what the other person might be feeling by what just happened. To gain compassion you must understand how others feel about things, and in order to understand that you must also give yourself to your feelings every now and again. I don't know if this is something that can be taught. Some people just have it and others don't I suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts