Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there Dreamers , I'm kinda between ENTJ & ESTJ personality , In any case in both of them the introverted Feeling's function SUCKS , and i know for sure that it sucks in me too .

I was wondering since your primary function is introverted feeling , Is there like ways to improve this function ? I need to be more compassionate . I think if i don't earn it in me , The best way to do it is " Fake it till you make "

How could you possibly read someone's Feelings ?? This is really amazing :happy:

Looking forward for your replies

·
Registered
392 Posts
How could you possibly read someone's Feelings ??
Getting to know them is a big part of it. Gut feelings, also. Body language plays a part, just noticing small details. They're smiling, sure, but their eyes are dead. Tones of people's voices say a lot about themselves/their current state. I've lived with my boyfriend for two years, and a lot of that time was just taking things in. His tones of voice, his little habits (like tapping his heel sometimes while on the computer), etc. It's hard to articulate, especially since I don't even really pay attention and have always done that. I thought everyone could.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't mean to be anti-helpful, but be careful when going by facial expressions & tone of voice. My face & voice have a default setting of coming across "severe" (as my husband puts it). People easily mistake me for disapproving quite frequently. I'm trying to be better about that so that I can work with people better, but it is hard for me. So you might want to keep in mind that some people are that way! :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
I don't mean to be anti-helpful, but be careful when going by facial expressions & tone of voice. My face & voice have a default setting of coming across "severe" (as my husband puts it). People easily mistake me for disapproving quite frequently. I'm trying to be better about that so that I can work with people better, but it is hard for me. So you might want to keep in mind that some people are that way! :)
Precisely why I tend to observe people for a while. I have a bitchy resting face, so I can relate to that. I don't tend to really mention to anyone that they seem upset unless I'm actually comfortable with them, and getting to that point takes a while, so. I just mentally note things.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Hi there Dreamers , I'm kinda between ENTJ & ESTJ personality , In any case in both of them the introverted Feeling's function SUCKS , and i know for sure that it sucks in me too .

I was wondering since your primary function is introverted feeling , Is there like ways to improve this function ? I need to be more compassionate . I think if i don't earn it in me , The best way to do it is " Fake it till you make "

How could you possibly read someone's Feelings ?? This is really amazing :happy:

Looking forward for your replies
I don't know if it's such a great idea to work on your less natural inferior function rather than improving your first, second and third ones first. I also don't think you can fake compassion, you either feel it or you don't.
But if you really want to tr it, maybe explore your own emotions, tastes and values more, how things make you feel to develop a sensitivity to them and then you will be able to see them more in others too.
Or just take 10mins each day to put yourself into someone else's shoes to try and experience what they may be feeling.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Spend some time thinking about what is important to you and why it is important. Think about what makes you sad and what makes you happy.

·
Banned
218 Posts
I have an instinctual gut feeling about everything I come across.. Maybe it helps you to journal about the things that happened to you and the people you met and write about how they made you feel, whether they appear to be internally "good" or "bad", fake or sincere, etc. Try to feel their essence. Trust your heart.

·
Registered
INFP 648 sx/sp
2,937 Posts
It is hard to describe since it feels instinctive to me (well, dominant function for you)...Fi is a logical function, all functions are, but I find it hard to describe in those terms.
A key thing is recognition of the visible signs of emotion in others, which I would assume is a skill which can be acquired with practice. All people are different, though. Nothing is universal. There are always layers of reasons and motivations which manifest themselves differently in everyone. Respect for that and the emotional and value needs of others and yourself in general is vital to learn.

But body language, eyes, stance, mouth, breathing, twitching, position of limbs, the way affection is given and reservation expressed and so on and on, are all tangible things. Be very sceptical of blanket guidance made on the internet, but try to teach yourself some of that so you can recognise it. Analyse yourself. Analyse others - note correlation between what they say and show. Look for what they say and what they don't.

No idea where to start. Much of it has to come from within and used in conjunction with other functions. A word of advice, though; don't fake compassion. It comes from within, it's not there to amuse others. As an INFP, personally at least, I can see right through that, and I'll feel hurt and confused as a result.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts