Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty my fellow INFPs! And anyone else for that matter!

Any purchases you've made recently just on the dot?
Any purchases you really want to make?

The more absurd the better.

I really want to buy 23andme to confirm if I have DNA from the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.

Then people can call me Skittles. Huzzah.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
whatever I buy tomorrow will be on impulse lol! I'm just going to wander into Zara and get myself a gift. :proud:

Reactions: UberY0shi

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
I lately buy chocolates. The special kind used for gifts in nice boxes.

And holiday ice-creams.

Today my impulse buy was gouda and wakame. Technically not impulse because they are useful and last long.
I was going to go into a Korean market too, but it was cold and snowing.

I don't usually buy other things, I guess.
I did buy parchment paper and freezer paper... not for food originally.
I also went to the library to get a poetry book. I did not need it exactly, hence impulse. I just really felt that I should grab it.

But I have been thinking of buying polymer clay...

·
Banned
1,843 Posts
I'm like the exact opposite of an impulse purchaser. "Research product massively before buying" is my instinct, and even once I know everything about it, I still don't buy it immediately afterwards. I didn't have a debit card until later than most people, and this most likely influenced my behavior. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
:crying::crying::crying:
I never ever do impulse buying, it's not a thing (long story, "stuff" gives me anxiety, long story). But guess what happened! :crying: In November I did it; I was watching a youtube video and the woman recommended a self-help book and I felt soooo immensely called to buy it, it just called my name so loud, and I only had 11 euros in my bank account. Well, I bought it for 10 euros anyways. It's been over a month and never got my book, contacted the seller and turns out it got lost in the Christmas mayhem in some European post office. Fuck yooouuuu!!!!!
They are refunding me or so they say (haven't received the money yet, tic toc tic toc). And I'm like... for once I really really really wanted to buy myself something without overthinking it for six months, and of course this had to happen :crying: the gods are against me, thank you bros you are so nice wow :dry:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm like the exact opposite of an impulse purchaser. "Research product massively before buying" is my instinct, and even once I know everything about it, I still don't buy it immediately afterwards. I didn't have a debit card until later than most people, and this most likely influenced my behavior. :tongue:
YAAAAS same here! Okay so certain things I research to death and buy like a year later. And other things I buy on the fly. I bought a pair of headphones Audio Technica ATH AD600s with my first paycheck ever, had been looking at them for two solid yeaaars.

I guess nowadays I impulse buy a lot more. :kitteh:

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never ever do impulse buying, it's not a thing (long story, "stuff" gives me anxiety, long story). But guess what happened! :crying: In November I did it; I was watching a youtube video and the woman recommended a self-help book and I felt soooo immensely called to buy it, it just called my name so loud, and I only had 11 euros in my bank account. Well, I bought it for 10 euros anyways. It's been over a month and never got my book, contacted the seller and turns out it got lost in the Christmas mayhem in some European post office. Fuck yooouuuu!!!!!
They are refunding me or so they say (haven't received the money yet, tic toc tic toc). And I'm like... for once I really really really wanted to buy myself something without overthinking it for six months, and of course this had to happen :crying: the gods are against me, thank you bros you are so nice wow :dry:
Nuuuuuu~ that sucks. And you haven't been refunded? You should get your refund AND the book. :cool: Its only fair, you ordered in NOVEMBER and it was like 92% of your finances! (or something like that)

I am curious though if you don't mind my asking what the book is called? Self help books are the bomb. :blushed:

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
@King Wenceslas I only got a credit card super late myself, only maybe two years ago and it has only helped me enjoy shopping :pinkface: And then more recently I got tap for debit and credit, ooh!
I still haven't jumped onto shopping online though. I have some things I want that in this case I have procrastinated on for probably a year now. I just got a new reason as to why I need a certain object so I am thinking about it again.

But currently I am slowing down. Reading up on a possible culinary project...

I realize I did buy suddenly a food processor on Black Friday. But I had been cooking so much, that it felt actually like a subconscious researching where when I bought it I was very calm like I had considered it forever. I still need liquid to fully purée vegetables. By hand you don't need to. I have been using mortar and pestle since the dawn of time :redface-new: I love it but when I want almond milk, this is easier!

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
One time, I was walking through the produce section of a grocery store and my eyes spotted some beautiful bright red beefsteak tomatoes and I just had to have one, so I bought one and ate it while walking to my car!
:tongue:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Usually, when I am getting stress, I can be so impulsive, especially food. :/ And also books. But I always hypnotize myself that food and book are not something bad, so I don't waste my money because of these things haha.

The last thing that made me crazy for two weeks was when I really wanted to purchase Macbook some months ago. But if I bought it, my saving would be empty. Then my realistic me won over my emotional me. I bought the cheaper one but the specification is better than Macbook.

The good thing is that I don't have a credit card and always put a little cash in my pocket. I am more lazy to go to ATM to buying something.

Reactions: UberY0shi

·
Registered
779 Posts
Alrighty my fellow INFPs! And anyone else for that matter!

Any purchases you've made recently just on the dot?
Any purchases you really want to make?

The more absurd the better.

I really want to buy 23andme to confirm if I have DNA from the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.

Then people can call me Skittles. Huzzah.
Pleaze. Pleaze, Pleaze dont do that. Nothing good can come off of giving strangers your dna.

·
Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
1,630 Posts
The Christmas gifts I get for people are impulse purchases! I let myself walk into a store and just look around for inspiration, and I can find some really good/strange/(secretly inexpensive) gifts for people.

Edit: I also have to buy one unusual food item every time I shop for groceries.

·
Banned
3,344 Posts
entheos, beware of false voices, and self-help books. Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something ;)

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
entheos, beware of false voices, and self-help books. Maybe the universe is trying to tell you something ;)
The Universe was trying to answer my requests for abundance apparently. The way the story ended was: I contacted the shop, they refunded me in full. Two weeks after that I received the book; the mailman said "Found this at the office, it was lost" LOOOOL so I got the book for free. Yaaaaasssss.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The Universe was trying to answer my requests for abundance apparently. The way the story ended was: I contacted the shop, they refunded me in full. Two weeks after that I received the book; the mailman said "Found this at the office, it was lost" LOOOOL so I got the book for free. Yaaaaasssss.
Well worth the wait! Hahahaha

·
Banned
3,344 Posts
*sighs* you know what they say about the old farmer who lost his horse...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts