Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any other INTJ's have an impulsive streak?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I do make decisions very quickly that they might look like acting on impulses. Somehow, my deep understanding of the content gives me an answer pretty quickly which I know to be correct and I quickly act on it. However, I wouldn't call it an impulsive streak.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Not usually...
unless subjected to

·
Registered
112 Posts
Only when I'm bored or stressed.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've got a fairly large impulsive streak when it comes to some things or certain situations. My SO is INTJ too and is possibly the most impulsive person I know. Example: a couple of months ago, he bought a brand new truck spur of the moment.

·
Banned
1,956 Posts
Sometimes quick decisions can be seen as impulsive but usually I think things through with the exception of small purchases like books.

Reactions: TurquoiseSunset

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
On my own, no, I'm not impulsive. All purchases from the 25 cent candy at the register to a new computer require thought. But if I'm with someone else, then we are impulsive together.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Well...

Sometimes I can be impulsive. Usually there will be signs of something coming and while I may seem impulsive, there was some thought put into it just done really quick, like others have said. :tongue:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I would have to say that I'm not at all impulsive. I'm in a job that can at times require a quick response to things, as others have noted, it's not the same thing. Spur of the moment impulses are rare, although I can usually suggest something crazy, like going out. However, if the other person, say, takes too long getting ready, then I'll nix that thought.

I find that stress can also be a motivator for being impulsive, at least in me.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Although I have found myself in situations in which I felt compulsion to make a decision I had yet to think out, I had always given myself a respective amount of time to mull over the decision before finalizing it. Wasted efforts and resources bother me.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yes actually but then when its over I tend to regret or worry over my decisions

·
Registered
532 Posts
Not really. Like everyone else has said, I usually make a quick decision that can look impulsive. When I make a quick decision I already have a framework in place to base it on, e.g. when I buy a book I didn't budget for...no wait...when I buy an extra book I didn't budget for it's because I always have my budget in the back of my mind and can quickly rearrange things in order to fit it in.

I agree with Snowguard, stress can make one impulsive. Having loads of spare cash can do that too, but luckily I don't suffer from that :tongue:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts