Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, i'm in a band and we have to sell 500$ worth of tickets by next month for our show. we always bomb at selling tickets, so i was wondering if anyone has been through the same thing and knows of a good method to sell them.
i already put an add on the event page on facebook to tell people to buy from us but nobody has responded. we need help, otherwise we're screwed and in 500$.

i came to pc with this question because you guys actually gave me the advice that led me to forming my band.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I haven't been through the same thing before. However, how many other methods have you used other than facebook? Could you put an advertisement in the newspaper? Put flyers up around the town? Ask local music venues to let you advertise there? Go to VERY public areas and promote yourself? Something that will catch the eye of your intended audience? Maybe even go meet a ton of people at a venue similar to what your show would be like, and invite them to come? Make phone calls to any connections that you know? Perhaps lower the price of the tickets if that's the issue. I'm taking stabs in the dark here... since I don't really know what I'm talking about, so you can dismiss anything I've said if you want. I think it would be very hard for a new band (if yours is new, i'm making assumptions) to make ticket sales quickly. I wish you luck making the ticket sales though, and I would probably buy one if I lived around the same area as you. Perhaps people on personality cafe might think the same thing? Goodluck! <3

·
Registered
125 Posts
You should make the people that told you to start a band give you the $500

·
Registered
339 Posts
In the beginning phase of a band there is not really that many ways to get money. You have to be known in order to sell tickets. If noone knows about your band then noone will buy tickets. If they have no idea what it's about they would obviously be reluctant to purchase tickets to somthing that they might end up hating, especially if the tickets are expensive.

For instance, get publicity, news papers, flyers, youtube, myspace. I mean I doubt you will be able to sell any albums but if you have any recorded songs, get them out on torrent sites, spread the music.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts