Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are you usually? where do you need to be?

I feel the best on the side in the very back and its not because I"m paranoid or anything" I just want to know everything that is going on around me. This makes me feel you know creepy watching everyone sometimes but its also helps me feel safe if its a new place.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
That's funny :tongue: I'm at the front, at the side, next to the door.

I feel maybe secure no one can see me (at least from the face) and plus, easy exit

I also often find the seat right when I get through the door because I don't want to walk through all the people... but if I'm early and no one is around, I will go to the back and to the side. I remember in a history class, we always had dim lighting, so I would look for a 'dark' spot wherever it was, but where the small lights hits at least a bit of my desk (so I could see what I'm writing)..but the rest is left in shadow

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
That's funny :tongue: I'm at the front, at the side, next to the door.

I feel maybe secure no one can see me (at least from the face) and plus, easy exit

I also often find the seat right when I get through the door because I don't want to walk through all the people... but if I'm early and no one is around, I will go to the back and to the side. I remember in a history class, we always had dim lighting, so I would look for a 'dark' spot wherever it was, but where the small lights hits at least a bit of my desk (so I could see what I'm writing)..but the rest is left in shadow
I'm the same, I prefer being on the front. Mainly because if I'm on the back I have the tendency to get distracted and start daydreaming. When I'm in the front I put more attention and participate more as well.

·
Registered
440 Posts
when i am in the middle of a street or an arcade where mass crowd is walking about, i have to find myself less crowded spots around the edges and really hasten the strolling speed in order to get past the the whole situation.. im terrible at being in the middle of a crowd.. if that lasts more than say half an hour or something my mind starts to deterioate and i'd collapse

·
Registered
89 Posts
good question.i tend to avoid crowds as completely as possible, but in unavoidable situations like classrooms i'll be 'perched' in the back corner like nikki and vonlenska. the birds eye view promotes two of my favorites, observation and anonymity. as far as being in completely packed scenarios like boxing day sales, super busy streets, and the like it used to be death it self, but i've noticed within the last few years i've developed this pleasant state of mind in such situations where im just sorta floating through crowd, convinced that i am totally invisible, because everyone around me is wrapped up in themselves and everyone else. i just have this freaky calmness, and with a stoic expression on my face, my head is remarkably clear and i get my affairs settled and make my way out, no panic, or trepidation that anyone is thinking about me or even seeing me...but it always feels good to breath my own air again, i will admit to that.

crowds used to make me so uneasy that i was close to passing out like pacifique whenever in that situation. it was such an unreasonable reaction that i was determined to find a way to fix it. i started practising staring at something and remaining completely still, calming the tremors in my abdomen, softening the tightnes in my chest, and politely asking the blood to flow back down from my head. i gotta say i got too good at it. now when i get nervous i can block almost everything out and go into the staring excercise. im sure i look pretty weird and out of touch..spaced the hell out...but im calm, and that was the goal. now to refine the technique so that i can objectively mind my surroundings in such a state,without losing my peace of mind.

·
Registered
378 Posts
At concerts I like being up front as close to the barrier as possible, but that's mostly bc I'm short :/ If there are interesting crowds I might sneak around closer, but I'm usually on the fringes of a group or sitting at the back unless I need to see what's going on like with schoolwork on the board. I get what you mean about feeling creepy haha but I don't think there's much of a reason for it, I just like creepin around and spookin the crowd :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts