Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any isfps in that situation? e___o My dad and brother would test as intjs and my mom, enfj. To make this short... AGHGHGHHH

My dad is way military (figures, right?). My brother is cool, but just a calmer version of dad. I guess since he hasn't seen war. My mom...is...she's definitely mom material. I'll just say that. -__- I'm noticing I'm the only one in the house who's late for appointments, zones out frequently and acts so unordinary. Yeah, feelin' like a black sheep over here. I love being isfp-y, but I don't get much slack bout my habits. "You're too lazy." 7__7

Or anyone who is or isn't isfp dealin wit something similar? Any stories?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow, I feel for you. I can't shed any ISFP light, but I'm an ENFP who grew up with an ISFJ mother and ISTJ father. Talk about being stifled. They both loved me, but neither really understood me on a deeper level. Or appreciated my P. And I've been on my own for a few years, but both have low communication needs. I almost always initiate the phone conversations with them.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty..well, awful. If I were in your shoes (with your mbti), I mean. I can imagine it so well. Except mom would call me more along with not understanding me. lol It's...it's such a hoot. How do yours misunderstand you?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
lol i think the problem is that you are in a family dominated by Judgers. nothing wrong with the last letter being a J, but i can see how it would create problems.

especially since P's don't feel the need to make the people around them conform to their own ideals, where i've noticed that J's do.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
i wanted to continue your sentence with "... there is bound to be fist fights." but i don't know. my family is filled with sensors and feelers. those who aren't, live happy lives.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts