Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ
5,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was always a strong intuitive: always in my own inner abstract world, full of fiction, concepts that I would intend to verbalize, looking for meaning in things that have happened and such. I find, lately, I've been organizing a lot of my internal world into works of fiction while, learning to do some game programming.
I find I'm losing some of my old intuitive-y-ness, but I don't operate like a sensor, and I know I never will, but it's weird. It's like my N and S side are working in conjunction with each other, like I can't sense one happening without the other. I'm showing an increased appreciation for what is simple and what is sensory. I don't mind the ins and outs of mundane routine.
My INTP fiance is very routine oriented, so maybe he helps me see it in a positive light. I mean introverted sensing is supposed to a demon function for me, but how he uses it, is rather cute: It's generally expressed in ways of being a person who likes the familiarity of routine, who pays attention to useful details, who likes anything cozy and comfy, and who is resistant to trying new things, but there's such a cuteness in how he encapsulates those qualities. Of course, being that we're both N types, I have someone to talk about all my intuitive-y types of thoughts, so maybe I feel less othered, less strange for being an N.
Maybe that positive association has helped me see a more positive aspect of sensory type activities or maybe I'm growing up, becoming more self aware, more aware of time and things around me?
It's a strange place to be and is really hard to explain.

·
Registered
ISTP
404 Posts
It would seem like writing fiction would exercise all of Ni (universal theme), Fe (expression of universal feelings/values), Ti (organization and precision of language), Se (the work is expressed and visible to the world). With programming, Ni (universal theme), Ti (program logic), and Se (responsiveness to details). It could be growing up, but maybe just growing in general. I think everyone can have the ability to do all of N, S, T, and F eventually in ways complimentary to them. Your fiance's Si sounds like my husband's. The same flavor of ice cream in his comfy chair... It almost has an Fe-ish quality doesn't it? It's interesting that you mention an increased appreciation for what is 'simple', because simplicity has a somewhat universal quality to it. As far as relating to intuitives and sensors? I relate to them about the same because in real life I'm not too open.

·
Registered
IEI 4w3 sp/sx 461
1,284 Posts
Have you considered being an ambiverted type of extrovert, let's say an ENFJ who uses both the auxiliary and tertiary interchangeably?

FWIW I find that your posts always "smell" like Enneagram 2 and lots of Fe.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Congrats for being on your way of becoming the best version of yourself.

Maturity, integration into the depths own personality, means using more the inferior functions too. Se and so forth. So the more we gain life experience the more well rounded we should become if our mental health permits self development.

I like life. Because I learn new things every single day of it. My dream is to interact with something more delicate, but even understanding where someone is coming from is most certainly an asset when dealing with generating constructive outcomes.

Having a brand new professional occupation helps this too a lot. If our occupation is manual we may start to hear them out instead of just listening to them.

And that is the sidejob we can learn to enjoy, just before something way more impressive comes around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts