Personality Cafe banner
41 - 60 of 76 Posts
lol, yes -- there's something to be said for lightning-fast SP trigger-fingers and SJ methodical practice. In the tactical sense, response times and "certainty w/ prejudice" will beat out any sort of function that demands processing-time.

ps. SEATBELTS save lives!!!
Was that a great show or what?

Did ya see my Zonbieland thread?

Be great if you shared your thoughts there

Ni is what's called field experience. Unlike the other functions, it's power is cumulative, so gets stronger with time.
And what the fuck happened to ape?
What's with all the bannings?

Reactions: ape
Ni is what's called field experience. Unlike the other functions, it's power is cumulative, so gets stronger with time.
And what the fuck happened to ape?
What's with all the bannings?
Glad you missed me

As for the bannings, little people have been given new powers, the end result is predictable

Ni will of course stomp all the other functions in fighting in the long run, but for the short run it will be as useless as Fe. This is becuase Ni being an introverted data processing function relies on memory. An soldier using Ni could become extremely good at what he does with the proper training if there are realistic battle simulations and whatnot.

Si would also be useful being the other introverted data processing function... though there is no connection between Si, so it would develop more slowly, since Si is only building facts not using them to formulate theories. In the long run, Si could be better for a highly specialized task, though less adaptable.

On the other hand, in the short run, Se would win. Let's say you're a terrorist with no real training. If you rely on Ni, you'll just get killed before that function ever becomes useful. If you rely on Se, you'll be able to react quickly enough, and have a better chance of surviving.

I would recommend using Se for combat tasks whenever you have no experience, and storing for Ni and Si during training. Eventually, switching over to Ni in real combat situations, and using Si once Ni has fully built a certain system, but switching back to Ni if anything new comes up. Of course, this is mostly theoretical as no type is adept at using Si and Ni (since they mostly serve the same purpose, though they use different methods).

As for Fi, I don't think this is a bad function in battle. Fi will help one go back and reassess their goals. This way, you won't end up winning the battle, but losing out on what is really important, maybe losing the war... the point is there are other factors to consider than the actual combat. Yes, it will hurt that, but being a mindless killing machine is not the best goal. So, it's a good function BECAUSE it's a bad function XD

It depend on how good was the quality of the person. For example a heavy experienced Si, will be very hard to handle. He can read the Ni random tactic because he has seen that tactic before (Ni just think it random, but actually it was code attack no36). Or a trained Fi that idealize the art of combat, will be hard to deal (Since he have a complicated good and bad values) . Se could have fast response to a trap.

However..

Hey, what children could get hurt I resign.. I resign..

I think which works best depends on the individual. Se is going to work well for someone who has great speed and strength, while Ni would be a better style for someone with more computational ability, but maybe less physical prowess. I don't think a highly tuned Fe can be underestimated either, since it can reveal intention. Every type's got to have its pluses and minuses depending on who we're talking about.

I know from experience that Fi can be extremely useful in a fight, a lot of times it can turn a battle from defeat to victory since it has a specific goal in the battle, unlike most other functions.
There is no more dangerous enemy than one with a cause I'd say.

Fi will give you the battle if it isn't important to it, but will fight 'till death if it is.

Si, Se, Ni, Ne are how we gather data. Its up to your Ti, Te, Fe, Fi, P/J to interpret that data. Even then in battle you have to factor in stress/fear and the personality of the particular person(s) in the fight. To see if they can use their functions correctly. Emotions are liable to get in the way of clear thinking. I play competitive paintball (advanced recon, I like getting up close for maximum effect) and work on pinning the enemy and generally interrupting them at every turn. They get angry and disheartened then make mistakes. Then you have won.

nomatter what type you are, obviously experience counts so much more so scratching my head wondering what type would be best would only be a good time-invest if I were placing my bets at some sorta finals match in a fighting tournament/championship.

From my personal experience I can provide with some insight in how an INFJ mind works during combat.. assuming that's really what my type is :3

During my first fights I chose the latter everytime the "fight or flight" option appeared.
Then as I got more experience with it I naturally became more and more comfortable with it aswell, eventually enough to chose the "fight" option.
Sooo, as I started choosing fight I was blinded by panic and striking randomly and easily beaten.
Traumatized, it took a while before I was able to get comfy enough to chose fight and have another go at it
Now this time it might be just pure luck that I didn't panic again, but I focused extensively on keeping my calm, and it helped, I still got beaten but I didn't panic or get traumatized.. PROGRESS! :p
After this point the progressbar flattened out and I actually started to develop skills
Skills which I'll describe as:
Mentally I'm reading my opponent's feelings in terms of, is he attacking, when is he attacking, how is he attacking, what is he expecting of me and so forth, now let me put emphasis on this that I actually FEEL these "thoughts" in an instant and I develop a counter-meassure in an instant aswell, only time I actually really have a conscious mental thought is when I pick the answers to each questions.

Physically my arms, legs and body moves instinctively, a reflection of whatever I'm thinking I'm assuming/suspecting.

Being an INFJ I believe my best advantage lies in my ability to read my opponents expectations and always surprise and confuse by doing the opposite.. as long as it goes to my benefit obviously :3

Also, I believe INFJ.. or atleast me, I dunno it just feels weird and wrong to speak on behalf of so many people when I really have no idèa if they can actually relate to anything I'm saying here:p
But anyway, me, infj whatever I think works best as the "defending" type of fighter, the one that counters attacks, waits to be attacked instead of attacking him/herself.
I don't know any other INFJ fighters so this is obviously an assumption, but it makes sense to me that it would work this way most with our type :)

edit:

ah shit I forgot to mention, in a fight where I'm locked its actually a quite fun situation .. And one I can't really explain either, but I always seem to be finding the way out each and every time to my own, my opponents and the spectators surprise. It's really fun because it's for some reason really easy to me to pick out the weak spot. Then all there's left to do is make my opponent think I'm going for another spot, shift his weight, then BAM apply all my force and strength to breaking through the weakspot in an instant before anyone knew what happened!
One example of a lock among many obviously, but it works relatively the same in every situation:3

Telling this to any INFJ considering picking up martial arts out there.. DO IT! ^^,

Ok, yeah....there's obviously bias in this. I'm an ENTP, and personally I think that Ne and Ti are by far the greatest. One question though: What do you mean by battle? Like fisticuffs? Or more of an imaginary war, an Enders Game-esque Battle Room situation? Or like a full out War at Cannae? Give us sole context, buddy. Ne helps one gather and process information and provides distinct and multiple possibilities. And Ti helps the Ne to unbiasedly critique said options and moves already made.

41 - 60 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.