Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... which personality types are more likely to survive and why?

I was chatting with an INTJ friends, and we both decided the NTs would probably stand a higher chance of surviving it because we'd jump into finding a solution than get swallowed up in the emotional devastation.

But then again, are we just too full of ourselves? Anyways, what do you guys think? Non-INTPs are welcome too. :wink:

·
Registered
828 Posts
... which personality types are more likely to survive and why?
SPs are best at scratching a living off the land and fighting. The single type most likely to survive is probably ISTP.

·
Registered
749 Posts
SPs are best at scratching a living off the land and fighting. The single type most likely to survive is probably ISTP.
Funny, I was about to mention the fact that ISTPs seem to just love me. I could be their leader..

I'm not too worried about the apocalypse though because I'm already ahead of the curve. You see most of the people wait until all the food runs out to start resorting to cannibalism; however, I intend to resort to cannibalism right away. That way people are less likely to see it coming and after I've eaten everyone there will be plenty of food still leftover and that food is sure gonna test good after eating all those ESTJs I lured into my basement.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Check out the definition below. This was recently pointed out to me. The last definition is the one that you have in mind, but the first four are very different. This "apocalypse" would be one of universal awakening and enlightenment.

One could argue that NTs may have difficulty with this as they're a little too logic/science heavy, which tends to focus on traditionally accepted forms of thinking. Something like spiritual revelation may be difficult (at first) to fit into pre-existing scientific categories.

I hope this didn't get too off topic. :happy:

a·poc·a·lypse
   /əˈpɒkəlɪps/ Show Spelled[uh-pok-uh-lips] Show IPA
–noun
1. revelation

2. any of a class of Jewish or Christian writings that appeared from about 200 b.c. to a.d. 350 and were assumed to make revelations of the ultimate divine purpose.

3. a prophetic revelation, esp. concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good permanently triumph over the forces of evil.

4. any revelation or prophecy.

5. any universal or widespread destruction or disaster: the apocalypse of nuclear war.

Origin:
1125–75; ME < LL apocalypsis < Gk apokálypsis revelation, equiv. to apokalýp ( tein ) to uncover, reveal ( apo- apo- + kalýptein to cover, conceal) + -sis -sis

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Only NT's care about the actual definition of stuff.

For everyone else things are defined by their usage.

In any case NT's would be on the losing end of any kind of apocalypse situation.

except for ENTJ's who probably masterminded it.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out the definition below. This was recently pointed out to me. The last definition is the one that you have in mind, but the first four are very different. This "apocalypse" would be one of universal awakening and enlightenment.

One could argue that NTs may have difficulty with this as they're a little too logic/science heavy, which tends to focus on traditionally accepted forms of thinking. Something like spiritual revelation may be difficult (at first) to fit into pre-existing scientific categories.

I hope this didn't get too off topic. :happy:

a·poc·a·lypse
   /əˈpɒkəlɪps/ Show Spelled[uh-pok-uh-lips] Show IPA
–noun
1. revelation

2. any of a class of Jewish or Christian writings that appeared from about 200 b.c. to a.d. 350 and were assumed to make revelations of the ultimate divine purpose.

3. a prophetic revelation, esp. concerning a cataclysm in which the forces of good permanently triumph over the forces of evil.

4. any revelation or prophecy.

5. any universal or widespread destruction or disaster: the apocalypse of nuclear war.

Origin:
1125–75; ME < LL apocalypsis < Gk apokálypsis revelation, equiv. to apokalýp ( tein ) to uncover, reveal ( apo- apo- + kalýptein to cover, conceal) + -sis -sis
I agree with you! If it were a spiritual revelation, I would definitely be too confused to function for a long time :tongue:

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
An apocalypse would be cool in that I could finally achieve my ultimate career goal of 'pirate'.
Ah yes, when we need to come together as a species to defend against the zombie hoard, there will also be those who survive by stealing the necessities of life from those who have earned them.

"You know, Burke, I don't know which species is worse. You don't see them fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage."

-Ellen Ripley

Now, if you're talking about mooching off of the pseudo-corporation/governments that may pop up to control resources, like in Tank Girl, then I'll be the first to request permission to come aboard.

Reactions: Nitou

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Na I talking about joining up with someone like The Duke in Escape from New York. My first order of business to weld sheet metal to my car and go to the richest parts of town. There I would loot stuff from peoples houses that had the resources to escape to Antarctica. After joining The Duke I would fill an advisory role like Machiavelli.

I would run for the country to make my stand, and it would likely be more of a hillbilly version fueled on moonshine, marijuana, and beef jerky. I know many hillbillies and I honestly think they would form a hell of a survival group. They kinda already are one in a sense. My friend Ricky has like 50 guns and a underground bunker. According to him, he has enough guns to give everyone in his neighborhood one. His government paranoia would be a great asset in an apocalypse.

I think Ice-T wakes up from nightmares to this day about Tank Girl:happy: Best way to make Ice-T mad - "Hey, I loved you in Tank Girl!"

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
At least he wasn't made from a dog. ;)

I remember listening to Ice T and Body Count when I was a kid. It's funny to watch the guy who sang "Copkiller" to play as a lawyer on TV these days.
That would make a great youtube video. Copkiller being played while his lawyer char spoke the words. Or Colors being played with speaking parts from Tank Girl and nothing but edited Tank Girl scenes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts