Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
- Sleep deprivation and a certain degree of depression, old enough to be regarded as an adult, yet still in my late teen years, not a native speaker, female, not to mention i’m writing this at three am.

2. Study these two images*here*and*here. Which one do you prefer and why? How would you describe it?
- The former, i have no aversion to it, it’s a generic, aesthetically pleasing example of astro-photography, that’s enough for me to favor it over the stock-looking photo depicting a trivial occurrence.

3. Please describe yourself as a person if you were to introduce yourself to someone else like in a cover letter. What kind of person are you and why?
- I suppose I’d say that i have the scholar ’s approach to life, that knowledge and truth is what i consider valuable, that i abhor most things that make me “human”. That i find both free-will and unbiased thought an impossibility, yet they’re the closest thing to an aspiration of mine. That I can be rather hedonistic, and often have little control over my indulgence in physical pleasure, likely one of my most fatal flaws; That i’m more concerned with understanding how i think than i am with what i think, and generally “why?” is my most prevalent question, yet “how?” is the most valid. That complexity, knowledge, clarity, innovation, reason, secularism and intellectual prowess are some of the things i hold dear. I don’t believe there’s an objective reason or porpoise behind my life, and i’m satisfied with making my own. I don’t seek happiness, i seek knowledge, satisfaction, evolution, impact... Ultimately, my values are that of the enlightenment.

4.What kind of person would you LIKE to be? Why? What kind of person would you NOT want to be? Why?
- I don’t have a specific type, i’d avoid, perhaps someone consumed by emotion, mindlessly happy, the type to believe, have faith or hold a position because “it feels wright”, someone with a literal mind and understanding of the world with a less than nuanced approach. To sum it up in an overly simplistic way, a shallow, indecisive, mind-numbingly childish, “mystical and mysterious”, disingenuous being, unfazed by it’s ignorance. I suppose ideally, I’d be more socially savvy, driven, rational, every bit as strong willed and skeptic, figurative... I might elaborate on this, but i don’t see much of a point in doing so.

5. Do you think there are any differences to how you described yourself and how people actually perceive you? How do you think others would describe you? If there are any discrepancies between these two that are you are aware of; do you know why exactly that is?
- I describe myself as quick-witted, more fair than kind, possibly affectionate under specific circumstances, analytic, creative, bitter at times, ever cynical and sarcastic... I’d likely be described as more acerbic than sarcastic, perhaps more reclusive than engaging (despite my love of open discussion and sparring), principled, overly-meticulous, boring at times, impatient, confrontational, argumentative...

6. What in life do you find to be of importance? Why? If you are unsure you can always take the*Value Test*and post the results here. Do note that it helps if you narrow it down to 20 or ideally 10 values as suggested at stage 2.
- The test has repeatedly failed to get to the finishing stage, my picks fell into dignity, intelligence, humor, fluency, refinement, reason, clarity, freedom, reflection, depth and knowledge.

7. How do you react to new situations in your life? Can you describe an event in your life where you were in an unknown situation? How did you deal with it?
-I tend to be relatively uncomfortable with the unknown, not having a planned course of action can be quite unsettling, but ultimately i try to hypothesize about the unknown occurrence, create a theory, look for data that contradicts it, and eventually make a contingency plan with information I've deducted.

8. Please describe yourself when you are in a stressful situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
-It will depend very much on the cause of the stress, most of the time it’ll never escalate, i don’t see stress as helpful, i therefor end up using tactics that fit the situation. In the case of a death, complete failure in a field i take pride in, or major occurrences of the sort, i steal myself for introspection, write and think until I've drained every thought that comes to mind. I always prepare myself for the worst case scenario, but i avoid assuming it'll take place. The most recent example would be the death of an anorexic friend, roughly two months ago.

9. Please describe yourself when you are in an enjoyable situation. How do you act and why? Real life experiences are welcome.
- Most of the time, i become an observer rather then a participant, it feels as though i’m watching the events play out rather than participating, i feel distanced enough to be simultaneously unaffected and pleased. If the joy comes from social interaction, it’s usually a challenging conversation or debate, i can appear extroverted to an extent whilst debating, and i’ll enjoy doing so for hours. If the joy comes from something emotional, it’s generally the sensation of connection, due to achieving full comprehension of something meaningful to both parties. If it comes from investigating a subject that i’ve been ruminating (the most common of all these scenarios,and generally the most enjoyable), i generally get so immersed, it’s bliss, peace even, but not joy, it’s the relief being mentally consumed by a challenging subject, lacking boredom for extended periods of time; I forget about the rest of my thoughts and surroundings, for as long as i’m engaged.

10. Describe your relationship to socialization. How do you perceive one-on-one interaction? How do you perceive group interaction?
- I don’t socialize extensively, i’ll work at home, without seeing anyone for periods of roughly 3-5 days at a time, when i socialize, it’s generally one-on-one, i avoid small talk, share the plethora of issues subjects i’m interested in, incoherent and unrelated as they may be, and care to listen to the same from my interlocutor. I generally don’t have much patience to things relating to personal relationships of my friend’s, so if i’m to be helpful, it’s generally for 10-25 minutes, working on devising a plan, and bringing some comfort to them. Groups aren’t my forte, i don’t work well with trying to get everybody on the same page (lowest common denominator) and avoiding all the uncomfortable dynamics that eventually form, or listening to small talk since they’ll have differing levels of trust in each-other. I don’t hate the idea of a group, i find it alluring, but i generally get frustrated and bored of people easier,and groups just speed up the process.

11. Describe your relationship to society. What are the elements of it you hold important or unimportant (e.g. social norms, values, customs, traditions)? How do you see people as a whole?
- I find norms such as politeness slightly patronizing, assuming those around you need to be catered to, or simply can’t handle an honest opinion. Values are generally arbitrary, yet it’s supposedly acceptable to deem them untouchable, immune to criticism, i find this to be foolish, i fail to see why something “feeling” right or wrong makes it so, or why the approach to take has no middle ground.. Traditions i generally don’t value, they’re ways to bring the past into our present life, and they don’t usually align with our present day norms, i don’t see much of a point in dwelling in slightly less advanced social customs, specially if they don’t provide us with any insight. Culture i may value (depending entirely on what constitutes “culture” of course), It can be insightful, help certain members of society stay standing, people are too immersed in their surroundings to see the oddity in their customs and norms, so often they just abide by them, at times this may be useful. Culture is the climate we live in, and the idiosyncratic events and people that have lived, and the ones that do.

12. Describe your relationship to authority. How do you perceive authority? What does it mean to you, and how do you deal with it?
- I often oppose specific forms of authority, at times its enforcers, but i don’t believe the concept to be inherently harmful, and i don’t see our present day society surviving without it; the same way i may not find capitalism the most utopic of systems, yet i believe it’s the most viable one. The problem i have with authority is blind power, when an authority has the power to limit rights, and it does just that, if we lose rights like criticism, mockery, peaceful protest, most civic ways to demonstrate disagreement get striped, dictatorship may then ensue, perhaps civil war(etc)...

13. Describe your relationship to order and chaos. What do order and chaos mean to you? How do they manifest in your daily life?
-To me order and chaos is the fight with (my) nature, order is the all encompassing term for that which i live by, be it reason or musings, knowledge or discovery, satisfaction or desperation; chaos is all that ends creative processes, much like a pathology, it may be romanticized, but it’s ultimately limiting, stifling if you will; it ends progression, evolution can only take place when either order, or both elements are present. Chaos demolishes, order creates, the balance of the two makes reality as i see it.

14. What is it that you fear in life? Why? How does this fear manifest to you both in how you think and how you act?
- Not living to see what i may set in motion become a reality. I fear it because i live in the uncertainty of the unknown, the present don’t interest me, i look to the changes that have yet to come, that are nothing but concepts and have yet to happen, not being able to eventually impact my surroundings in a meaningful way is a horrific prospect. This serves as motivation, i work with a long term vision of change, i try to be efficient, I’m product oriented fro this any many other reasons.

15. What is it that you desire in life? What do you strive to achieve? Why? Where do you think these drives and desires stem from or are inspired by?
-My desire is rationality in full, supported by grand intellectual prowess, ultimately because they’re some of the only objectively valuable characteristics, and i don’t much care for the subjective in terms of what i want to become. I wish to amass as much valuable knowledge as possible, albeit i want to do so for knowledge's sake, i hope to implement it, specifically my own introspective frameworks. I create visions of the world that aren’t impossible to set in motion, so i’m tempted to try to do so.

16. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
- Research on any topic that interest me will give me vitality, and so will debating, writing, playing an instrument, watching quality cinema, reading from anything that isn’t a blue light ridden panel... As for draining, most all social activities, chores, tasks, studying subjects i find painfully boring, physical activities, not for the muscle power required, but for how very grounded i must be to execute it properly.

17. Why do you want to know your type? What type do you think you are? Why this/these type(s)? Is there a type that appeals to you, to your self-perception, that you would like to be? Why? If you know your*enneagram, please post this here. If you have done any online function tests such as the*Keys2Cognition, it helps if you post these results here as well.
- Out of a whim, sheer curiosity i set out so explore my psyche, better understand my processes and optimize them, understand my possible strengths career wise, and satisfy some of my “why?” curiosity regarding my own thoughts.
I believe myself to be either an INTP, INTJ or perhaps ENTP (albeit i think it’s unlikely), the reason for this is the consistency in cognitive function tests, my highly analytic, obsessive, rational nature, my distaste for emotion (and to an extent, difficulty), the highly dissociative state i find my self in most of the time, my tendency to get lost in thought when and wherever, my non-liner thinking (exacerbated to the point of losing track of my initial thought process, even though it’s not a very common occurrence), my reclusive, anti-social demeanor... I don’t think i have much preference in terms of self perception, i ultimately want to reach the most truth-full conclusion. I find ENTJ, ISTP, INTJ, INTP and INFJ to be alluring, i just don’t desire a specific “title”.

Cognitive Process Level of Development (Preference, Skill and Frequency of Use)
extraverted Sensing (Se)* ************(10.3)
unused
introverted Sensing (Si)* ***********************************(33.4)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne)* ************************************(34.4)
good use
introverted Intuiting (Ni)* *****************************************(39.5)
excellent use
extraverted Thinking (TE) ********************************************************(54.1
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti)* ***********************************************(45.6)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe)* **********(8.8)
unused
introverted Feeling (Fi)* ****************(14.1)
unused
It’s worth mentioning that’s on keys2cognition, my similar minds score was something like Te 95% Ti 95% Ni 85% Ne 40% Se 20% Si 15% Fe 10% Fi 30%, this is unusually high Si for me

18. Finally, is there something else you find to be of importance you want to add about yourself you think might be of relevance when helping to type you? Not for the time being, this is a wall of text as is.

·
Registered
187 Posts
INTJ

Te Ni Se Fi (in no order, yet).
I have decided on the functions mainly because on answers given in 5 and 7, since the tests you took for the functions seemed p ~accurate~.

Cheers!

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
You are so obviously an INTJ.

You mentioned that you like knowing how you think and that is an Ni trait. Not trying to be offensive, but INTPs are a bit more optimistic in nature. Not just that, for them, they fear being rejected - maybe not socially, but by someone they like. For INTJs, the struggle is more with Se. They can get into the habit of over indulging as a means to cope with stress.

Not just that - your writing style just screams INTJ. If you need any detailed analysis, I can provide that as well.

I don't think it's likely that you're an ENTJ because of how you mentioned that you act as more of an observer than a participant. ENTJs, in my experience, are fairly impatient types and they do know how to party. If you need any clarification on that, I can provide that too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I believe you may well be right, for the past few hours I've been contemplating the possibility that I've been wrong for the past few months about being an INTP, I've mainly thought so due to my being under the impression i possesed high Ti, perhaps it's Ni-Te in tandem, and i'm simply Te heavy.

Reactions: Blue Ribbon

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
This is 2 hard 2 read 4 me. How about questions?

Morality
1. Would you rather be liked by all, or loved by a few?
2. Do you want to help people, or help humanity?
3. Let's say you have conflict with another person. Do you hold your grudge on that specific person (as in "he did it to me, it's nobody else's business), or spread that grudge across everyone who has the traits of the person (that caused the conflict)?

Cognitive processes
How do you learn and think? Let's call our 2 examples A and B.

A is physically affected by the environment, analyzes facts and data, processes them with logic, applies the deductions theoretically (and has the desire to express himself mentally), by setting up a theory - an idea based on what he processed, and then proceeds to set it into the environment by explaining the concept to others and debating with them so someone else can check it for logical inconsistencies, from which he learns and thinks about once again, repeating the process.

B is mentally affected by the environment, learning theoretical principles, processes them with emotion (what he processed becomes a personal drive, an ambition to achieve), and then proceeds to apply their understanding practically (and has the desire to express themselves physically), so that they (and the ones the hold dear) can benefit from this, and then manages their environment accordingly - they set priorities as to what is important to learn and gain an understanding in. ((Several people, cut from the same cloth, once told me, that "in order to find X, you must remove everything that isn't X".)) This process also repeats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You are so obviously an INTJ.

You mentioned that you like knowing how you think and that is an Ni trait. Not trying to be offensive, but INTPs are a bit more optimistic in nature. Not just that, for them, they fear being rejected - maybe not socially, but by someone they like. For INTJs, the struggle is more with Se. They can get into the habit of over indulging as a means to cope with stress.

Not just that - your writing style just screams INTJ. If you need any detailed analysis, I can provide that as well.

I don't think it's likely that you're an ENTJ because of how you mentioned that you act as more of an observer than a participant. ENTJs, in my experience, are fairly impatient types and they do know how to party. If you need any clarification on that, I can provide that too.
I tried to remain neutral, stop anticipating a certain response, but i thought the feedback would be mixed, or falling to the side of XNTP for my confrontational traits, but i now believe you to be right, and i may well hold you to that offer (thank you), my months of introspection and research helped, but i still need some clarification. The main thing is that i can't quite tell when i'm utilizing a particular function, it'd be delightful if you could assist me in spotting them on the questionnaire, and everyday use; i'd also be interested in knowing what made the letters besides J clear in the eyes of the observer. Yet again, thank you

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I'm glad you feel that way! Here are some practical differences between the types.

INTPs have a childlike air of optimism to them. They also have a quirky sense of humor.

INTJs are very serious and their humor is more dark and sarcastic.

INTPs have PoLR Se which means that they typically like to play it safe and not take risks. They have tertiary Si which they'll use to make themselves as comfortable as they can. They don't leave their Si bubble.

INTJs have inferior Se and may have difficulty expressing Se but they have that Se flavor to them. They tend to like bright colors and more mature ones may like maintaining their physique. They often times may have a desire to achieve power.

INTPs often feel the need to be accepted into a group. They like having a nice warm circle of friends where they are accepted and feel loved - inferior Fe.

INTJs have Fe PoLR. They are content with feeling things and don't have a desire to express any of their feelings. Doing so makes them feel strange and unnatural.

INTPs try to be as unobtrusive as possible. They don't like conflict and try to avoid getting angry. They have Se PoLR and this makes them dislike expressing anger. They often vent out of frustration. If they do explode, it's going to be in a strong Fe way without being overly aggressive.

INTJs have a moral code and they try to stick to it as much as they can. They don't mind coming off as cold or even emotionless. This gives them a brooding feel compared to INTPs quirky feel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
This is 2 hard 2 read 4 me. How about questions?

Morality
1. Would you rather be liked by all, or loved by a few?
2. Do you want to help people, or help humanity?
3. Let's say you have conflict with another person. Do you hold your grudge on that specific person (as in "he did it to me, it's nobody else's business), or spread that grudge across everyone who has the traits of the person (that caused the conflict)?

Cognitive processes
How do you learn and think? Let's call our 2 examples A and B.

A is physically affected by the environment, analyzes facts and data, processes them with logic, applies the deductions theoretically (and has the desire to express himself mentally), by setting up a theory - an idea based on what he processed, and then proceeds to set it into the environment by explaining the concept to others and debating with them so someone else can check it for logical inconsistencies, from which he learns and thinks about once again, repeating the process.

B is mentally affected by the environment, learning theoretical principles, processes them with emotion (what he processed becomes a personal drive, an ambition to achieve), and then proceeds to apply their understanding practically (and has the desire to express themselves physically), so that they (and the ones the hold dear) can benefit from this, and then manages their environment accordingly - they set priorities as to what is important to learn and gain an understanding in. ((Several people, cut from the same cloth, once told me, that "in order to find X, you must remove everything that isn't X".)) This process also repeats.
I know, getting through my convoluted writing is a feat, but at least it’s entertaining.
1. I don’t care much for the fondness of most, being liked by all might be slightly infuriating, I'll chose the latter, the affection of some.
2. It depends on what you mean by people, if you mean those close to me versus the whole of humanity, I'd rather improve quality of life for all, but i might be swayed by my acquaintances.
3. I don’t generally hold a grudge over conflicts, at best frustration, it’s mostly my assumption that they simply didn’t comprehend the subjects at play, but hypothetically, i’d likely be upset with the person, but ultimately more annoyed by all those who shared what i’d inevitable deem a logical flaw.
I’d say A fits me best; when learning i new subject, i dive into the deep end, i search for hours, days, weeks, (during this period i’m already separating scientifically or logically valid information from the rest) until i believe i have enough of (all) to see the big picture, i then begin to hypothesize, experiment, eventually bring my hypothesis into debate, redo my analysis with the added data, and if i deem it correct, upgrade the title to “theory”. Now, some elements of B can also be applied, i’m not mentally affected my environment, it doesn't faze me for the most part, nor do i process data with emotion, or try and align it with personal principles, but i do set priorities (without cutting corners), and generally exclude all unrelated data when searching for X (though i keep the bigger picture in mind, i separate the data momentarily, in a slightly “once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth” way), and yes, the process repeats.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I know, getting through my convoluted writing is a feat, but at least it’s entertaining.
1. I don’t care much for the fondness of most, being liked by all might be slightly infuriating, I'll chose the latter, the affection of some.
2. It depends on what you mean by people, if you mean those close to me versus the whole of humanity, I'd rather improve quality of life for all, but i might be swayed by my acquaintances.
3. I don’t generally hold a grudge over conflicts, at best frustration, it’s mostly my assumption that they simply didn’t comprehend the subjects at play, but hypothetically, i’d likely be upset with the person, but ultimately more annoyed by all those who shared what i’d inevitable deem a logical flaw.
I’d say A fits me best; when learning i new subject, i dive into the deep end, i search for hours, days, weeks, (during this period i’m already separating scientifically or logically valid information from the rest) until i believe i have enough of (all) to see the big picture, i then begin to hypothesize, experiment, eventually bring my hypothesis into debate, redo my analysis with the added data, and if i deem it correct, upgrade the title to “theory”. Now, some elements of B can also be applied, i’m not mentally affected my environment, it doesn't faze me for the most part, nor do i process data with emotion, or try and align it with personal principles, but i do set priorities (without cutting corners), and generally exclude all unrelated data when searching for X (though i keep the bigger picture in mind, i separate the data monetarily, in a slightly “once you’ve eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth” way), and yes, the process repeats.
There's Ni - Te right there.

I like comparing function axes to functions, so here goes:

Se/Ni vs Ne/Si

Se is the function that sees reality for what it is, without filters. INTJs have Se as their inferior function. The way they use Se is, they take in the information they need to feed their Ni. Ni can be thought to taking this little information and painting a huge abstract painting. So, INTJs tend to be visionaries in the way Ne users are not. They have plans for the future and they stick to those plans. For INTJs, Se only exists as a tool to serve as stepping stones for Se. They have difficulty implementing the full range of Se like ESxPs can. They definitely have the Se flavor to them. They are deep brooding thinkers and are experts in their fields.

Ne doesn't see the world the same way that Se does. It sees the world through the lens of possibilities. Ne sees objects, not for what they are, but as what they could be. They see what isn't there. ENTPs use their Si to collect the information that is required for Ne to work. Here, Ne is the artist and it creates a collage of little information that the Si has memorized. They have a vast knowledge that isn't deep. They can plan things but they rarely stick to them. They are more or less of 'hey, here's something new. I'm gonna try it.' They have a hard time taking anything seriously and are very laid back.

Te/Fi vs Fe/Ti

Te in auxiliary position has the user trying to find order in the external world. INTJs are often meticulous with how clean their surroundings are but this is not a priority to them. These people are not happy with theorizing and want their plans to be a reality. They don't like being wool gatherers and they like to have something productive to work forward to. This is seen more in ENTJs but INTJs can be workaholics too.

Ti in auxiliary positon is pure theory. That's why xNTPs in general get less work done. Without even Se to back it up, Ti just keeps building frameworks inside the users head and kind of gets lost there.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I suppose I’d say that i have the scholar ’s approach to life, that knowledge and truth is what i consider valuable, that i abhor most things that make me “human”. That i find both free-will and unbiased thought an impossibility, yet they’re the closest thing to an aspiration of mine. That I can be rather hedonistic, and often have little control over my indulgence in physical pleasure, likely one of my most fatal flaws; That i’m more concerned with understanding how i think than i am with what i think, and generally “why?” is my most prevalent question, yet “how?” is the most valid. That complexity, knowledge, clarity, innovation, reason, secularism and intellectual prowess are some of the things i hold dear. I don’t believe there’s an objective reason or porpoise behind my life, and i’m satisfied with making my own. I don’t seek happiness, i seek knowledge, satisfaction, evolution, impact... Ultimately, my values are that of the enlightenment.
This is pretty heavy proof that you're not a Ni-dom. Ni-Te sees a constant conflict between free will and determinism. Ti is deterministic and often doesn't believe in free will.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
This is pretty heavy proof that you're not a Ni-dom. Ni-Te sees a constant conflict between free will and determinism. Ti is deterministic and often doesn't believe in free will.
I like this. Thanks for explaining it in that way. INTJs have always been an enigma to me. Still, they're one of my favorite types.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I see, so you'd type me as a Ti-dom? I'm still rather unsure, but in light of some of my recent findings, and a lot of these responses, the likelihood of me being an Ni don seemed significant. Also, perhaps I didn't make myself clear, but the conflict you mentioned is certainly present in my mind, it's a constant dilemma of mine, I mostly do take a deterministic position, yet I hold myself accountable for my actions, and it's ultimately a problem I won't cease to drive to the ground... What are you leaning towards, type wise?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This description would makes it clear to me that at least most of my inner workings and stances line up with the INTJ's. Your description of the function axis was extremely helpful, and yet again, I believe i misunderstood Ni and therefore didn't associate my thoughts with it or Te(wrongfully so). For the past few months, I believed my process of obsessively researching, analysing, connecting the dots, debating and repeating was mostly Ti-Ne, what makes you think otherwise? I'll likely include a more detailed response later, but I'm currently on Mobile

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I see, so you'd type me as a Ti-dom? I'm still rather unsure, but in light of some of my recent findings, and a lot of these responses, the likelihood of me being an Ni don seemed significant. Also, perhaps I didn't make myself clear, but the conflict you mentioned is certainly present in my mind, it's a constant dilemma of mine, I mostly do take a deterministic position, yet I hold myself accountable for my actions, and it's ultimately a problem I won't cease to drive to the ground... What are you leaning towards, type wise?
xNTPs don't usually hold themselves responsible for anything. We're pretty go with the flow type of people. One thing I can say for sure about ENTPs (I think it can go for INTPs as well) is that we rarely make decisions. Even if we do, we leave them open ended. Another thing is that we're pretty laid back. We may annoy you, but we'd never stand in your way. If we did something and then something bad happened, we'd just leave it and move on. We do feel guilty about being a burden on other people (We have Fe after all). We just accept things as they happen. Ni doms usually have a vision they want to see fulfilled. Does that fit you?

One thing I know about every xNTP I know - we don't believe in free will. We know that pretty well. So, we're more at ease with making unethical actions. I'm not saying that this is a habit for us, of course.

A surefire way of telling apart an INTJ from an INTP is this - INTJs don't like Fe. They don't like any kind of demonstrations of Fe. They don't care. INTPs on the other hand, wished they had more Fe. They feel nervous about being rejected especially when approaching people they admire or look up to. Whereas an INTJ would approach someone they like confidently.

Ti users want input from other people so that they can complete the framework in their heads. They have Fe to support them. Te users want other people to listen to them so that they can make something happen in the external world. They have Fi to support them.

I'm not typing you as a Ti user because I don't see Ti in you. But I don't know you in person, so I can't make a fair judgement. I hope I've given you enough to work off of.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
xNTPs don't usually hold themselves responsible for anything. We're pretty go with the flow type of people. One thing I can say for sure about ENTPs (I think it can go for INTPs as well) is that we rarely make decisions. Even if we do, we leave them open ended. Another thing is that we're pretty laid back. We may annoy you, but we'd never stand in your way. If we did something and then something bad happened, we'd just leave it and move on. We do feel guilty about being a burden on other people (We have Fe after all). We just accept things as they happen. Ni doms usually have a vision they want to see fulfilled. Does that fit you?

One thing I know about every xNTP I know - we don't believe in free will. We know that pretty well. So, we're more at ease with making unethical actions. I'm not saying that this is a habit for us, of course.

A surefire way of telling apart an INTJ from an INTP is this - INTJs don't like Fe. They don't like any kind of demonstrations of Fe. They don't care. INTPs on the other hand, wished they had more Fe. They feel nervous about being rejected especially when approaching people they admire or look up to. Whereas an INTJ would approach someone they like confidently.

Ti users want input from other people so that they can complete the framework in their heads. They have Fe to support them. Te users want other people to listen to them so that they can make something happen in the external world. They have Fi to support them.

I'm not typing you as a Ti user because I don't see Ti in you. But I don't know you in person, so I can't make a fair judgement. I hope I've given you enough to work off of.
I most certainly hold myself accountable, and my decisions tend to be final, versatility is a great thing, but i tend not to sacrifice what i consider to be the best outcome for it. "laid-back" will never be associated with me in a sane person's mind, i tend to have high self-confidence, and be extremely argumentative, i generally don't walk away from a conflict if i believe it will either be entertaining or provide clarity. I don't accept things as they are or come, i try to have a hand in everything that surrounds me, lacking control is unsettling for me. I have a vision of specific changes i desire, they haven't remained fully stable throughout my life, but it is a resurfacing theme. I tend to hold an ever changing, yet strong position on free will, but i ultimately behave as though in posses it, but don't hold a belief in it (i may not have free will, but my conditioning/learned stances have me holding myself responsible), and i have no desire to. However, that doesn't ease my mind on unethical decisions, i separate ethics and morals, and i don't care about the latter regardless, but the former i tend to live by, in a highly rationalized way. I'm annoyed by Fe for the most part, I'm comfortable thinking my thoughts, and sharing them, I'm more uncomfortable with feeling any feeling, but sharing it is generally unthinkable, with the sole exception perhaps of one or two very close friends to whom i express affection frequently, but not the rest of the emotional spectrum. My doubt on Ti vs Te is that i wish to make an impact in my surroundings, but my priority is forwarding my own knowledge, rationality and agenda; for this however, i follow external systems of logic in the search for this since i don't consider the subjective understanding of reason reliable. Yes, you've given plenty to think about, thank you very much, this is extremely useful, a personal analysis is just what i was lacking.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I most certainly hold myself accountable, and my decisions tend to be final, versatility is a great thing, but i tend not to sacrifice what i consider to be the best outcome for it. "laid-back" will never be associated with me in a sane person's mind, i tend to have high self-confidence, and be extremely argumentative, i generally don't walk away from a conflict if i believe it will either be entertaining or provide clarity. I don't accept things as they are or come, i try to have a hand in everything that surrounds me, lacking control is unsettling for me. I have a vision of specific changes i desire, they haven't remained fully stable throughout my life, but it is a resurfacing theme. I tend to hold an ever changing, yet strong position on free will, but i ultimately behave as though in posses it, but don't hold a belief in it (i may not have free will, but my conditioning/learned stances have me holding myself responsible), and i have no desire to. However, that doesn't ease my mind on unethical decisions, i separate ethics and morals, and i don't care about the latter regardless, but the former i tend to live by, in a highly rationalized way. I'm annoyed by Fe for the most part, I'm comfortable thinking my thoughts, and sharing them, I'm more uncomfortable with feeling any feeling, but sharing it is generally unthinkable, with the sole exception perhaps of one or two very close friends to whom i express affection frequently, but not the rest of the emotional spectrum. My doubt on Ti vs Te is that i wish to make an impact in my surroundings, but my priority is forwarding my own knowledge, rationality and agenda; for this however, i follow external systems of logic in the search for this since i don't consider the subjective understanding of reason reliable. Yes, you've given plenty to think about, thank you very much, this is extremely useful, a personal analysis is just what i was lacking.
If you're looking at Ti, then it would be useful to look at the Ne-Ti combination with respect to Ni-Te.

Ne has a dialog and when xNTPs are not talking to others, they're talking to themselves. We find a need to convince ourselves that something makes sense before we accept it. We're not going to believe something because it's real. Reality for us, can trick us. So, we need to make sure everything makes sense. It drives even us sometimes when something doesn't make sense. We're always looking for ways to perfect, not knowledge, but our understanding of the knowledge which is why we love to talk to others. Our Fe helps us to project an aura of friendliness so that we can get on good terms with the people around us. Our Si helps us remember details.

Ni doesn't have that kind of dialog. Ni has a vision and Te is the function that makes the visions a reality. For Ni users, they don't need things to make sense, they need things to work. They aren't concerned with making relations with others for any purpose. They don't care if they've offended someone. They however, have an Fi that helps them know if their actions are in line with their beliefs. It's their vision they want to fulfill and they use Fi as a tool that can keep their Te in check. And they have Se that gathers the information to make their vision a reality.

Ti vs Ni, I think is your debate. Ni is a perception function and perceiving functions are all hungry for knowledge. Ti is a judgement function. It's not hungry for knowledge, rather it wants to know if the knowledge that Ne gives makes sense and can fit in with the subjects internal framework.

I think you're an Ni dom because of the bold text. ENTJs are planners too, but they're more of the 'we'll cross that bridge when we get there' types.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've been doing so, but i've mostly ruled out the possibility of Ne being my dominant function, i find it fascinating, for an extended period of time i thought it was my auxiliary (mainly because the description of Ni is annoyingly mystical and contradictory), but after finding decent description for both Ne and it's introverted counterpart, i relate much more Ni-Te, even when considering the outcome of Ne and Ti in tandem. I can see some internal dialogue in me, but it's mostly at times where i'm particularly dissociated and don't feel as though i'm in possession of my body, pathological as it sounds; a good portion of my time is spent with an odd observer effect, watching myself think. Reality doesn't come off as illusory to me, but i may doubt my own perception; I ultimately make "the three basal assumptions" (though i question them) without much of a hitch. I do constantly attempt to perfect knowledge, but this does include my understanding of it, i wouldn't want to be ignorant about the nature of data. I don't exactly project an aura of friendliness, i don't get approached, and in the case i interact with a stranger for a functional reason, they seem surprised my opening statement isn't "fuck off". I do need to make sense out of my surroundings, i have a love of theorizing, i simply tend to think that a model that's logically sound yet lacks predictive capability or most objective value is of no interest. I don't have beliefs, and that's a principle of mine if you will, even morally, i have my code, as objective as can be, but i question absolute truth, and don't even bother addressing "absolute morality". I'm very hungry for knowledge, but i care very much whether it's valid, whether it adds up with both a logical model and the research, i don't care weather it fits my personal model because i tend to think i don't have one, in the sense of being adaptable to whatever the evidence points to (or deduction for that matter), without any attachment to my worldview. I've considered ENTJ for the function stack, but although i see my process as Te heavy, i don't believe it's my lead, and given the little control i have over indulgence (or the complete denial of it at times), i believe it to be my inferior function.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
After some careful consideration, i'm evermore confused. I can't quite discern my functions, know if i use Ni-Te or Ti-Ne, i do believe it's one of the two, i've read a bit into most function axis combinations, and though i could well be mistaken, or have read a few steriotypes too many, given my efforts towards getting information from varied sources, i don't think i'm a sensing type, and it seems even less likely i'm a feeling type. I give the extrovert possibility more credit than the other aforementioned options, but it still seems highly unlikely. Looking at Se versus Si, i believe inferior or tertiary Se is more likely, i'm beyond disconnected from my environment, i don't enjoy physical activities, nor do i (even initially) absorb information without any additional processing, i don't live in the moment or in the past, i don't live by rituals, i don't experience strong sensations when met with a situation similar to one i've experinced before, i don't observe the world at face value, i do occasionally overindulge, or avoid pleasure altogether. I see Fi as slightly more probable than Fe, i'm not driven by sentiment, and expressing it makes me extremely uncomfortable, i don't usually consider group dynamics, but i do over analize the unspoken meaning of their words, i can however be quite affectionate with a close friend, albeit i don't express a wide range of emotion with them. The main problem is that both of these functions seem too scant in my mind for me to self type based on them...

·
Registered
18,510 Posts
Wow, you're the most stereotype type 5 I've ever come across in quite some time. Pure textbook example if there ever was such a thing. That's actually far more obvious than any cognition that you display.

With all that said, I've been reading through this thread and how you communicate, I'll go out of line here and suggest something different: ENFJ. One thing that I think stands out to me is how you express your feelings in general in that you dislike personalizing them. You often speak of your feelings in an objective way as if feelings are "out there". That's typically a quality of Fe, not Fi or Te.

I think your attitude to feelings in general is more due to you being a type 5 as it likes to detach from one's feelings and it also seeks to be logical and be seen as such, but it doesn't mean you always reason with impersonal logic. For clarification, I found a couple of things I want you to explain a bit further:

i’d avoid, perhaps someone consumed by emotion, mindlessly happy, the type to believe, have faith or hold a position because “it feels wright”
Can you explain what you mean by the bolded and why do you want to avoid it?

if we lose rights like criticism, mockery, peaceful protest, most civic ways to demonstrate disagreement get striped, dictatorship may then ensue, perhaps civil war(etc)...
What do you mean by this and what does this entail?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Just the way you write makes it very clear to me that you are an INTJ. I would definitely rule out any P type, and you seem too introverted to be an ENTJ. I think it's likely that you're an Ni-Dom, working with Ni-Te, and that you're Se is what makes you overindulge at times. If you micromanage and obsess over details when stressed, that's another cue that you're an INTJ (that happens because of our inferior Se)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts