Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Caressing a shiny glass, rainbows appear in the bubbles. Gently washing the cup with love, I feel warmth inside to be doing the dishes with such care. I feel rainbows inside my heart.

Today I tried to do things as gently as possible. When I noticed gentleness fading, I took a moment to relax and return to gentle actions.

I felt melancholy float away. A deep peace arrived. Housework felt pleasant (very unusual ^^).

Has anyone else found joy in gentle living? :)

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Caressing a shiny glass, rainbows appear in the bubbles. Gently washing the cup with love, I feel warmth inside to be doing the dishes with such care. I feel rainbows inside my heart.

Today I tried to do things as gently as possible. When I noticed gentleness fading, I took a moment to relax and return to gentle actions.

I felt melancholy float away. A deep peace arrived. Housework felt pleasant (very unusual ^^).

Well, I'm not an INFP, but I'll give you that this is something I seek / find occasionally, yes. Nice thread. :mellow:

·
Registered
1,068 Posts

Yes!! I do this regularly to de-stress.... my friends think it's weird but it does me wonders :)

Reactions: Sangmu and infpetal

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I am not good at delicate living at all. Which, paradoxically makes deliberately dedicating myself to it, a wonderfully effective awareness exercise. It is turning the mundane into the spiritual much along the lines of what Japanese call "the way of(fill in whatever)"

·
Banned
5,314 Posts
@infpetal It sure is nice :) I am a gentle person. I don't throw stuff around, I gently put it on the floor (or wherever it has to be). After I did the dishes I usually don't throw the cutlery in the drawer, but I gently place it in there. Another thing that I notice is that I tend to be slower with any kind of housework. My mom for instance cleans the house at a frantic pace. Picking up stuff hastily and putting it back down again with a bang. You can always hear when she's doing something. Exhausting. What I do is quite the opposite. I rather have a nice 'flow' when doing chores instead of doing them very quickly.

What also strikes me often is that a lot of people aren't very gentle & careful with their posessions, while I am exactly the opposite.

Reactions: Sangmu and infpetal

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'll have to try this the next time I have to do the dishes c: Or anything else for that matter

·
Registered
461 Posts
Everything with me is gently done. Actions, thoughts the lot. I have no idea what else there is, although I can laugh quite cheerfully, which is a careful way to describe what I sometimes am inclined to do! Cover your ears everyone!

·
Registered
475 Posts
When I touch something, I feel what the object feels. Sometimes it wants roughness, but most things require gentleness. This is very true with people I have found.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts