After months of lurking around, I am finally doing a post - yay! Apologies if I'm breaking any rules.
So I've recently realised I'm an INFP after many years of struggling with my personality, loneliness, not fitting in, having seemingly far-fetched and idealistic goals. Despite this, I've remained grounded and pursued an analytical and logical career path. BSc in Economics, MSc in project management which led to good paying jobs. I had good grades at school but I remember struggling to concentrate, day dreaming in class or even not going at all. But I was motivated by the light at the end of the tunnel - one day, I would belong to the workforce, be free and independent. This was my main motivation to study hard at school.
Anyway, it didn't quite work out that way. I have now ended up in an analyst role in a bank with good managers and salary and prospects etc. But I truly cannot stand the activities I do in my day job. It bores me to tears and I have no interest in it whatsoever. It involves messing about with spreadsheets, doing some data quality. I spend 75% of my day pretending to be busy and the remaining 25% rushing to complete everything I should have done earlier.
I am not one to sit around and moan (well not anymore) so I have decided to actively seek a career that I actually give a s**t about. I'm setting up a business with a couple of other people who I can delegate stuff to. It's the simplest business model to execute (for me anyway) - we've actually started selling. Yes, I know that new businesses rarely succeed etc... so I'm going into this with my eyes wide open. I hope to start test running my two other income streams soon. I have a date to leave my bank job i.e. December 31st.
Now this all sounds well and good but I have one big problem that could mar this plan - PROCRASTINATION. I can assure you nobody around me thinks this is a good idea. I don't have any real friends so nobody actually cares what I do. In any case, I really don't want to be one of those people who are stuck in their jobs, living above their means and pining desperately for the weekend while playing the lottery and hoping it will rescue them from their day jobs. Not that there's anything wrong with that - it's just not for me.
I am eager to hear from people also implementing or considering a life plan of any kind right now. What are you doing? Can we motivate each other? Pretty please be nice to the newbie