Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ISFJ's are an interesting mix of outer and inner. We are balanced, or unbalanced, by the push and pull of two worlds: the world of emotion and inner focus and the world of people and action. So what then is peace?

As dynamic, complex ISFJ's, what does peace mean to you? Where do you find it? How do you make it? Looking back, what have some of the most peaceful moments in your life been?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I feel most at peace when with people i know and love. When i know i can tell them everything, and they can tell me everything, and we can experience things together.

My most favorite memory has to be on a school band trip to Disneyland, and that was because of the time i spent with my closest friends. We talked about personal stuff, we told jokes and had a good laugh over them, we had fun telling eachother stories, and we had some memorable events together. One of my friends is gay (my closest friend), and him and a couple female friends found another group of guys they liked, and to make a long story short, we tailed them later on when it started to turn nighttime, got to talk to them, and then my gay friend and the 2 other girls we were with went with them, while me and 2 other guys in our group went off on our own and went on a couple rides and decided to take a train back to our buses and had time to talk together on the ride back. We got to the buses, we all met up again, and we were able to share our stories and recollect on the day of events we all experienced. I feel like that was a perfect day, and it will take alot to top off a day like that.

Reactions: miss.intensity

·
Registered
70 Posts
For me, peace is an inner feeling of well-being.

It represents a state of contentment created through successful conflict resolution, as well as satisfaction provided by the positive feelings I enjoy knowing I have done well at my hobby or work. Sharing experiences with people who understand that perfection doesn't exist, and can laugh about their less than successful effort of an endeavour as they share the moments of that fiasco. Liking what I see when I look into a mirror, as well as the epiphany of discovering that possessions are actually burdensome. These are just some of the dynamics that contribute my peace, and I have found when I felt I was making a sacrifice to accommodate whatever, it was really an opportunity to see how that accommodation was actually a gift that gave whomever less anxiety. There are more reasons contributing to my peaceful existence, but these are the basics.

:proud:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Peace is a feeling of contentment and satisfaction with your life. At that moment (or moments) in time, you feel as though everything is exactly the way it should be and you eagerly look forward the future, while wrapping up the past.

The most peaceful moments I've had in my life are when I'm with people I care about, just doing something fun, with no arguments and plenty of laughter. One of the profound peaceful memory I have that I think I will never forget is not being able to sleep in a hotel due to wailing pipes at the Merriott. That led to my close friend and I to just stay up and talk (while my other friends slept through the noise. Jerks:dry:). It led to us bundling up in blankets on the balcony and basically watching the sun rise from the ocean.

Peace also comes to me when I just walk around in nature alone or solo night walks. I'm lucky to be able to live so close to a park that has actual forest-like trees, so I like to go there sometimes to walk around by myself and listening to my music, tuning out the world. Unfortunately, the neighborhood I currently live in prevents me from doing night walks, but I enjoy those as well, especially when it's a clear sky and a full moon.

I think peace is very easy to find. My mother always told me that people should learn how to loosen up, relax, and enjoy the simple stuff. That, I think, is what peace is all about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts