Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Found this cool questionnaire (thanks @angelcat), hoping you Enneagram giants (like @katherine8, @tanstaafl28, @Swordsman of Mana, @Animal, @Dark Romantic, @Ben Vaserlan, @Krayfish, @Goosefish, @DOGSOUP, and the other forum Elders) can help me nail down my core and tritype once and for all. I am hoping to get a read on my instinctual variants as well, if that's possible. Alright, here we go:

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

Honestly, I don?t have a specific answer to that. It is a vague sense of wanting to DO something. The ever present potential for fulfillment. Adversity that allows me to push back. The pursuit of passion, happiness and on a much higher level (though not consciously)... To just BE (in a spiritual sense as well). Also I look for interesting or unusual conversations, experiences, books/movies/TV shows, and people which will challenge and refine my thoughts, opinions and ideals so I can evolve into a better version of myself. I am constantly moving towards fun, intensity and authenticity in shaping the base of my identity, and how I relate to the world, how these experiences can stir up my creativity so I can blog/vlog about something awesome and unique. Or cover something that is pre - existing but with a whole new outlook on it.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

I want to do lots of things. Big and small. I want to check off the items on my bucket list, I want to do something that will usher in change in an impactful way on some level (be it micro or macro). I hope to be well - travelled, well - loved and well - read. I would like to seriously explore my musical talent and make something of it. I want to write at least one best - selling book. Ultimately, whatever I do has to be meaningful and impactful, and hopefully NOT boring. When I die (and I have imagined multiple scenarios), I want to have a few moments with my loved ones and look around at my sustainable legacy of joy, empowerment and knowledge, but take my last breaths by myself. Regret - free, and with a smile.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

Values: Honesty and loyalty, open-mindedness, optimism, autonomy of decision making, solution oriented thinking, friendship/camaraderie, the ability to look at the world with wonder (even if it is getting increasingly tougher to do so), being earnest, ethical and hard - working. I try to emulate these values in my own life, I am drawn to individuals who share these values and most importantly, fixing something as opposed to walking away which is something so many people of my generation do. We choose instant gratification instead of working on nurturing happiness sustainably. I suffer from this defect myself too, but I am trying to get better at it.

I hope to avoid any sort of work that is dull/mundane, that which does not resonate with me significantly or fulfill me creatively, or something that just benefits big corporations while trampling the little guy (but I am not exactly a bleeding heart idealist either). I shudder at the idea of becoming the person, all of whose worst fears have been realized (listed below). (No offence) but I would not want to be one of those house wifey types stuck at home, with little to do. Working remotely from home is fine, but having absolutely nothing to look forward to but the prospect of caretaking, serving family, and hostessing stirs an icy dread in my heart, and my gut. I don?t want to be a boring, shallow, negative person who has lost their spark in and for life.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

Fears: Failure, Loss of autonomy, being stuck in a rut, incompetency, losing my mind, losing control over my body, dying after an insignificant life full of mediocrity, being lost in a sea of faces, never living up to my full potential, being harmed/hurt, being exposed for stupidity/incompetency (hence many a time, even if I want to try out some activity? I don?t do it because of that stupid fear which could be tied to both fear of failure and not getting it right/ doing it well), being tied down in a traditional system (especially marriage) and losing my sense of autonomy, who I am etc. and may be to a certain extent, romantic relationships. They baffle me, it is like this safe which others have the keys to, and I don?t know where mine is, or how to find it, or how to operate it, or whether I even have the right key. On that note, interacting with the real world re: sensory and detail oriented matters (like actually misplacing keys.), being trapped in a job doing the SAME kind of work over and over again. Not necessarily fear, but I hate being at the mercy of someone else, being obligated to someone and forced to do things I don?t like/want to do/don?t resonate with me either on a logical level, emotional level or spiritual level.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as fun, capable, cool, clever, fair, open - minded, intelligent, diligent, attractive, kind, helpful. I also want their respect and admiration even if it is people I don?t necessarily like. I see myself as a work in progress, mostly. Lots of potential yet to be actualized personally, and professionally. I see myself as a curious, fun loving, ever - questioning, moody, solipsistic, kind, friendly, open - minded, kinda obsessive (especially with my interests and certain people in my inner circle) individual with an intellectual bent of mind and a dark, twisted sense of humour.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

Best points: Having a wonderful day out with friends, discussing loads of interesting ideas/plots, some sort of in-depth discussions (it can even be something as simple as peeling away the layers from the latest Marvel movie with fellow Intuitive friends), when something has been niggling away at my brain for ages and I finally crack it, I feel supremely pleased and satisfied with myself.

Worst: Being blindsided and betrayed. When I fail (publicly). Being accused of something I did not do, or someone that I am not. Being isolated for too long can cause me to start spiralling into a dark place filled with self - doubt, envy, jealousy, bitterness, inaction and dredging up the past to be hard on myself.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

1. Anger: In my personal life I am quick to anger, but the flame douses itself equally quickly. I make biting sarcastic remarks or just completely cold shoulder the individual. However, few years earlier I used to be pretty hot - headed and very physical in my anger (probably from years of martial arts training), which had actual ill effects on my health. So, I learned to reign my temper in. Although, I did have sneakier ways of showing my anger too. Professionally: I take the high road (it is neither the time nor the place unless it is affecting morale or performance, plus I don?t want to be fired obviously), I get testy, stressed, annoyed and don?t show any anger, though apparently I become curt and rude in my interactions. When I read or watch something that ticks me off, I want to sink my teeth into it and thoroughly discuss it with someone (discussion gets heated only when I have to point out someone?s lack of rationality or disrespectful behaviour).

2. Shame: I mostly just run away and avoid the person or situation. If it is in a professional context where I cannot do so, I strive to get better and study everything I can/get various perspectives on the topic to prove myself better to the person in front of whom I was shamed.

3. Anxiety: Over thinking, panic attacks, unable to see the positives, feel like everything is lost and I am sinking. I check things a hundred times, start to get peppered by bullets of fear, doubts about my abilities. And when I am anxious about something, I sometimes avoid the responsibility altogether or put it off as long as I can by plunging into other things (typology, Tumblr etc.)

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

Stress: I snap at people, get testy or sometimes entirely run away from such situations. Never mind that the stress is usually as a result of my failing to fix the problem when it was smaller and instead, ignore/avoid it for as long as possible in the belief that it will be taken care of, or that is not such a big deal.

Unexpected change: If it is a positive kind of change, even though I am a bit thrown off; I will welcome it BUT if it is an unpleasant change, it will take me a while (not too long though) to get adjusted to the new reality. But once that sets in, I handle things efficiently and adapt pretty quickly because I look at how this ties in to or affects the big picture and act accordingly.

Conflict: If it is not the time or place or a person/cause/idea I am not sufficiently passionate about, I won?t bother. I won?t back down from conflict if I decide to go into it though. Otherwise, I don?t wish to waste my time on it. However, picking my battles is a concept I only picked up over the past couple of years. Before that, I used to insert myself into any argument happening at home. In public, I was/am a lot quieter and never got into it unless there was an absolute need for me to do so, and there is nobody else better suited for the thing.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

I am not a fan of authority. I challenge authority in my own way by bending (or sometimes breaking) rules in a sneaky fashion, instead of going up against them directly. I don?t go hollering against authority loudly and openly (used to do that against parents when I was younger, and get into trouble because of smart - mouthing (them + teachers) even if I didn?t commit any wrongdoing). I respect authority if they have earned it, but if they stand in the way of what I want? I will do what it takes to get my way, usually by talking to them about it and convincing them; if that doesn?t work I will still do what I want but I will feel uncomfortable about having gone behind their back. But usually my personal interests/needs > mindless obedience/temporary discomfort which I can smooth over later as I can be quite persuasive and charming (using a blend of rationality + humour to sort of de- escalate the situation, instead of that suave smoothness) when I need to be.

Power: My relationship with power has changed over the years. I was never attracted to it, or even sought it per se but I have come to realise over the years that power/influence can be a pretty useful thing. However with great power comes great responsibility. There can be a great temptation to go off the rails, and abuse power so I am as wary of it as I find the notion of it sexy and hypnotic. Like the Devil dressed as a Genie.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

Humanity is like a pubescent teenager. Confused, unsure, in awe of their capabilities, experimenting, growing, doing stupid things and self - sabotaging their chances. In this day and age, it is becoming harder to not sink into cynicism about humanity?s chances BUT there are certain people and incidents which give me hope. Sometimes, I do think that things in my country have shot to hell in a handbasket, but I find it more worrying when something bigger impacts us on a global scale. I consider myself more of a citizen of the world, than of my country. I feel no sense of allegiance or belonging towards my country most of the time (even though legally, the paperwork speaks otherwise). The fact there is someone like me who has not completely lost hope, gives me hope that there are others who still have an eye out for change and who are still capable of Believing.

On life: As a believer in the tenets of Hinduism, I believe that being born as a human being is an extremely fortunate thing. However, it is as fortunate as it is unfortunate, because human beings experience a huge spectrum of complex, often negative emotions. We are the only species to have a superior reasoning cortex, we are able to articulate our joys and sorrows, we are able to work towards cutting all materialistic/Earthly bonds and move towards spiritual evolution. In our laziness and shifting more towards automation, we are losing sight of our magnificence. The purpose of this life that has been given to us. We are arguably the greatest creation because of how intelligent and dynamic we are, yet it saddens/angers/amuses me when I see people sinking into a sinkhole of their own doing. We are capable of great things, but when I say great.. I don?t mean just like launching rockets, it can even be in the little things. A small act of understanding or kindness that has a ripple effect on someone?s life. Like encouraging someone not to give up.

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

I don?t know how to answer this without basically laying out my whole life story here, but I will give it a whirl. There have been loads of events that shook up my life, and shaped my identity but I think the ones which stand out the most are two things. I suffered from seizures for a good decade or so during my earlier years. I had been an outgoing, happy go lucky extrovert and this + puberty transformed me into a withdrawn, socially introverted person. I became extremely selective of friendships because kids can often be unknowingly cruel about this sort of thing. I am a very friendly person, but to this day, I have an edge of reserve when it comes to interpersonal relationships. I share things freely and openly, and am up for any kind of activity but I don?t ?get real? or show much depth around most people. I was (and am) competitive, loved attending public speaking/singing competitions as well as debates. But during a particular public speaking event, I had an episode where my mind went blank, and I went stiff as a cardboard. I lost because it was a 3 minute extempore event. Regaining my cool after a minute and a half took tremendous effort, I felt terribly confused, scared and humiliated. Wondered if others had noticed. (they didn?t, they thought I froze up from stage fear) Due to the societal stigma, having a bad doctor and my own incompetence in handling this situation, it created a huge impact on my life in every way possible. I was no longer the sparky, fun, chill person I was. But at the same time, I didn?t magically transform into a super cautious, health oriented person ( I still used to be pretty reckless, forget to take meds etc.). It affected my grades and love life. In relationships, I always used to feel like my health was a secret shame I had to carry and it was unfair to impose my company on someone else, lest they have to carry that burden. I used to often wonder ?Why me? What?s wrong with me?? especially while praying. I used to seek answers, read up extensively to understand the root cause so I could maybe find a solution and was dismayed when I found nothing which really clicked into place. It also affected the kind of activities I used to be into, because given my choice I would have wanted to go for all kinds of thrilling rides and do all the fun things which makes up for the average college experience. But because of this, I set restrictions (some of which were perhaps excessive) and now that I am out of it, I feel like I try to overcompensate for all the lost years, especially where having fun is concerned.

As far as my own handling of it, I treated it as a secret shame, something that made me less than and I genuinely believed that perhaps I wasn?t destined for a *happy ending* if you will. I definitely didn?t believe that I deserved to suffer because of some karmic BS which my parents believed. My biggest shame is I allowed it to become a setback, instead of pushing myself to go up against it and emerge victorious. But there was a huge lacunae in knowledge, understanding and little empathy which is why I think my greatest fear is losing my mind, but also it made me a stronger individual, gave me a unique perspective on life and forming my own identity. It erased some of my horrid tert Fe ish behaviour and made me kinder, more receptive and responsive towards others in suffering. I try to stay informed, and am less judgy now than earlier. I am also less snobbish/haughty now as I realize that we have all had and continue to have our own journey, affected by factors which may sometimes not be entirely in our power to change, but we sure can control how we react to it, and rise above it.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

My relationship with trust is fluid. It keeps changing. I used to be very open and trusting earlier but due to various life experiences, I have become wary and double check what people say. I used to think that I was a fairly wary individual, but people around me (family, friends) tell me I need to be less open and trusting, that I need to think of long term consequences more. I see other people in my life who are 6s or 6 fixed, and they seem so much more cautious, less open and trusting than me. At the same time, it is very easy for me to jump from trusting someone to questioning everything about them based on a single clue, which pings off my intuition. On the whole, I think I am more of a believer than I?d like to be.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

Likes: Cheerfulness, (backhanded) optimism, strong imagination, ability to think deeply, thoughtfulness, perseverance, work ethic, creativity, being able to adapt swiftly, identifying various layers of hidden symbolism in everyday objects, books, movies, TV shows and people?s behaviour, trans contextual thinking, stubborn but not inflexible, being a solution oriented individual. That I can entertain people by being funny or through storytelling. My loyalty to people I care about (selective and fluid though). Kindness. Good leadership qualities (I?d never take it, but if I have to? then I do a good job of getting work done, and keeping the team morale up.) Assertiveness.

Dislikes: Failing to recognize the magnitude of something and act immediately, emotional exhibitionism especially in front of an audience (but it is all done very subtly), self - critical behaviour, mood swings, can be a bit too obsessed with quality and perfection (timing suffers), lack of self - awareness which leads to second guessing, fickle mindedness, brooding/wallowing, indecision, overthinking, reckless and impulsive behaviour, my spending habits, my succumbing to insecurities, not great at maintaining friendships even though pretty decent at making friends. Tend to rationalize away a lot of things I should take responsibility for. My Peter Pan syndrome. Inability to stick to one plan and go through with it, being easily distracted. My inability to properly articulate anger, high road is nice but it is frustrating. Idealism can be annoying at times too.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

I think I see in them, their potential for greatness even before they can see it. Or perhaps will themselves to see and acknowledge it. I am also able to see people disconnected from their feelings, beliefs and just see them as the idea that they espouse, I am able to distill their layers, into the essence of their identity and what they represent.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

Insult response: Usually tend to brush it off with an eye-roll or ?whatever?; or vent about it/joke about it with friends. Rarely take it up unless they openly confront me, or invite that sort of response. If I know it is not true, I don?t care. But if there is the slightest shred of doubt, then it will cause me to pause and see if there is any truth to what they are saying.

Compliment response: I thank them, and throw a reciprocal compliment at them. I feel good about obviously. I might say a bit more about whatever they complimented me on (did they compliment my hair? I might tell them I switched to a new hair product). At the same time, ?Why are you complimenting me/ what do you want from me?? does pop into my head pretty quickly especially if I don?t believe the compliment to be true, or if I don?t like/trust the person.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

I am thankful for how kind Life has been with me, in terms of providing me second chances or certain opportunities available to me because of who I am. I am thankful to my folks and friends who put up with me, love and support me even though I can be an impulsive, self - centred, inconsiderate, snooty, dickish individual at times.

I wish I could have greater clarity about the purpose of my life and existence, what will give me great happiness and fulfillment professionally. I wish I had better follow through and stronger will power, especially when it comes to curbing my temptations and...sigh, exercise. I wish I could move away to a new, different place and have a reset button on life.

P.S. This has been super wordy, if you made it till the end... Thanks, and you deserve a cookie :D

So... What do you guys think?
----------
This is great work!

Thank you you very much for your appreciation of my work. Because of people like you that have been willing to share your deeper, more internal processes, I have learned great deal about the inner workings of the 27 Tritypes. The best way to confirm your Tritype is in a session. One thing I have learned over the years is that there are many factors that constitute and indicate one's potential type and Tritype. I have found that it requires deeper inquiry that we can usually do alone. The super ego has a vested interest in being or not being a particular type. Without deeper inquiry that is done in a way that gets around the super ego, it is guess work even if it is highly educated guess work.

The type and Tritype interventions will not work until you have the accurate lead type and Tritype...along with your lead instinctual type and stacking. Unfortunately, writing about your potential type and tritype is not in the free flow of real time so has several limitations. Remember that we have cultivated thoughts and beliefs over time. We need to get at what has been true most of your life, most of the time...no who you could be, should be or have become.

Real time inquiry based on what is said in the moment with immediate inquiry and response is the only way to get around the super ego to reveal the actual defenses that are operating at the core. There are many lookalikes. Each type has its own style of getting to the heart of the matter and what is the lead type.

Your talk style, timing, flow of responses, the nature and content of your responses, as well as your expressions and body language when you respond yields the most accurate information... So I am unable to do it here. I wish you the best on your journey of discovery.

Katherine8

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
No filters huh? Okay.

I will tackle your questions first @nablur.

1. I want a partner who is able to keep up with my Ne, someone who is fun to be with, talk to, bounce ideas off of, someone who cooks well and takes care of domestic chores (okay that's not exactly fair but still) because I find it boring to do, and I suck at it. I want someone that is honest, loyal, I won't use the cliche "best friend" but yeah, someone who can be my best friend. Someone who is idealistic but also realistic. Someone who is grounded and will let me know when I screw up, gently. Attractiveness is a factor too, but most importantly what I am drawn to is the gaze and smile. I think a lot can be deciphered about a person by their gaze, what they laugh at and what outrages them. So, yeah shared values I suppose. Nothing specific about profession and stuff because it is silly to make a long checklist, better to have wiggle room anyway since we could grow together. But yeah I'd want him to enjoy what he is doing, and be happy because if you aren't happy doing the job you do, in my experience that frustration, bitterness and resentment bleeds into all the other areas of your life. Someone who is an independent thinker, and has thoughts, opinions of his own and is open to change. Open minded is important. A fellow writer type or creative sort would be nice bonus, I guess. Someone who is family oriented but not tied down to his family like some ISxJs. Should be willing to embrace change. Emotionally expressive, sensitive (one of us gotta be). thats it, I guess.

2. Improve: Get rid of procrastination. Motivation, discipline, sticking with things, not getting bored of people and ghosting on them, better at curbing my temptation for sweet foods, properly get my head on straight and sort my health out. Let myself not be held back so much by fear of "what if its not going to be that much fun?" and just go do the thing already. Have fun. Enjoy life. Be more chill. Be more accepting, less pedantic.

3. I am a being that exists in this earthly realm, I seek answers. The more I seek answers, the more Im complicating it for myself by unable to get out of the maze of questions and confusion. I am feeling really peaceful atm actually maybe cuz nobody is up at this hour and it is just me with the gentle whirring of the air conditioner. i tried to see who I was and all those labels fell away. so weird huh? this strange 9ish feeling. have you felt it? i am a product of all my life experiences and conditioning received but also I am simply me. Did that even make sense? my mind is usually always whirring away, and tonight it has slowed down. quietened down beautifully. the labels arent even sticking actually. you were right, I do have a choice and for some reason it seems like i always end up taking choices that end up being the wrong ones or which inconvenience me because they do provide short term happiness or kind of are like a short cut but they turn out not to be. this feels like an odd OOB experience. strangely I thought the frenzy of thoughts I used to experience jumping from topic to topic in an ADHD manner was Ne. Turns out that was just a really cluttered mind. You said surrender, and this feels exactly like that. I don't feel prickly about it, insecure or conscious. I am happy. Like. Am. In the moment, neither jumping to past nor flipping forwards like I usually do.

I really had no idea of 3s at all! Looks like I have to revisit my perspective on them, and reading material. Cuz every description I ever read was pretty much basically 3 = Gilderoy Lockhart (HP).
this is an exercise to get you in the moment, so it worked. good job!
(what did you feel just now when i said 'good job'? type, go, now. feel it as deeply as you can)
1. this feels like you want a 7 (natural match for 3), enthusiastic, fun, more dominant than you but not overly dom
2. this feels like typical 3 improvement areas
3. i can really feel you here now, how you got into the moment and really started to 'feel it'. what you feel is the flow of the universe. youre in it. you ARE it. you feel yourself. your higher - self.

it is in this state, which makes the rest of your post 'real'. the authentic you. you can achieve this state whenever you like. the power is in you.
(how do you feel now, type, go)

[what you feel when you strip away the labels is your egoic sense of who you are, slipping away. you feel safe and at home, so youre not afraid to look a little deeper... and when you do, you realize its no big deal because you're still there and that nothing has changed about who you are or your sense of worth. when i went through my own process, as i stripped away teh labels, i attacked, i got defensive, my ego was more of a violent thrashing , internally of course. i felt unimportant. unimportant things have no purpose and are discarded.
your mind is at peace right now, because you are experiencing presence, alignment with the universe. you got in your flow as you typed.
there is clinical ADHD. in my non-at-all-professional opinion, there is a high % of add/adhd folks out there who have been mis-diagnosed and are simply living out of the moment... with spritual practice, we can all learn to exist in alignment.
i also see a high connection rate between add/adhd and both Ni/Ne.... i just dont know what it means yet. ]

How did I feel when I was called out? Like you were a detective on Castle unmasking a sociopath or something like that. It is a far off leap but yeah, that's how I felt, I felt like I had been hit in the face. I sat down, it felt weird. I pride myself on open mindedness but then this 3 thing basically shook me up, because I never thought of it as I have always taken some time off to work off my feelings in some way before getting back to work. And I always that was a 4 thing over 3, because 3s dive into work rather than process feelings? Or is that also false? :/ As for the law, funny you should talk about it because I am contemplating exit strategies. I feel like this aint for me. I think it requires a certain coldness, shamelessness and steel in the soul to do what corporate lawyers do. And look I am not bashing my brethren. I am just not like that. I want to be creatively fulfilled, be good at my job and enjoy the job I do. I want my job to fit with the kind of person rather than it change who I am. a few changes here and there is fine but on the over all, if it requires me to change myself... I think I'd rather be out of there. I don't see it doing any good for me in the long term. There s also the slight handicap of opportunities due to certain factors. And sure these are excuses, I could rise above it if I wanted to. Not immodest, but I think I am at least that much capable and smart. Really I feel no passion, no connect. I don't think this is serving my purpose. I am in a weird limbo kind of state right now. that's also maybe why I am turning to all this, to get some sense of who I AM, as a person and apply that understanding to practical decision making,and fast.

What wing and tri-type do you suppose I am??

How do I know sp blind? Just going off superficial descriptors - Just the worst sleep cycles and diet, lack of care about it, not even doing anything about it, bad with properly making savings. Then again I also used to think I had weak so because I am against group think, have no sort of group allegiances and am wary of groups who seek that kind of commitment because I want the freedom to be my own person. And now, my understanding of so has been turned on its head. Apparently I have a lot of it. Go figure! :tongues:
sociopathy is associated with 3's, on an extreme side. you have this potential within yourself. accept it, show it gratitude and love it. allow it to integrate into who you know you are... and you are not ashamed to admit it. you are loveable. you sick sociopathic fucker. ;)

you pride yourself. pride is the mask of shame... image triad.

(im not a 3, i dont know how you guys process feelings... lol ) you, tell me! :D

law - of course its not you. its your ego! doesnt mean you ahve to start from scratch... maybe use law for altruistic purposes. fight for the people!

creativly fulfillment ... could be indication of w4

SP3 is the counter-type 3, as i mentioned. shitty sleep schedules, lower self grooming standards than other 3's, less focus on appearance physically because they are concerned with actually performing, not the appearance of performance. SP rejects groupthink, SP3 would reject identifying with external groups so it can ... *cough* self-preserve its image. it cant stand out if its a sheeple. also indicative of a w4, probably Sx seconary instinct.... desire to *cough* sexually-preserve its image. SO last with zero desire to *cough* socially-preserve its image.

getting present in the moment, into this state of relaxedness or whatever its called.. presence... this is where you can contemplate honestly with yourself, with no judgement. try to discover your wounds... look for painful moments that hurt you. meditate on these thoughts along with your breath. feel all the emotions as deeply as you can. show them gratitude. integrate all of the shamefulness, anxiety and anger. integrate the masculine and feminine energy. to integrate is to become one. oneness is what we all seek, in an other because sub-consciously we seek it within ourself.

allow yourself to get so relaxed and zoned out and in the meditation that you can feel your heart beat. let go and surrender. there is no danger here. dare to look into the darkest part of your soul, and love it. shine light on it. feel the blood flow outward from your chest to your limbs. feel the tingling in your fingers and toes.

if you have a witness (in person) begin connecting and communicating... talking about whatever comes to mind, even if it makes no sense. if you dont - put your hands to the keyboard and just go... let your fingers flow with your ideas and thoughts and feelings. take it as deep as you feel comfortable with. what you do with the product is yours. post or dont post.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I understand the potential issues associated with it, but perhaps if you, as an expert had to take a highly educated guess at it based on the data given, could you care to give me your answer(s)?

As for the consult, as much as I would like that very much... sometime. I am sure everything might be in alignment to make that happen @katherine8, but that time sure isn't now. Thanks for replying so promptly though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
This is great work with good Q&A.

In case it is helpful, this is my most updated version of the free type, tritype, instinctual type and enneastyle questions. it says version 2 but has changes that I would consider version 5.

http://app.trueself.io/home/(enneagram-test:enneagram/questions)?testName=enneagramv2

For those that just want to take the Enneacards without the EQ go to:

http://true self.io.

I have given my description of the types along with many interviews and articles describing many of the aspects of the types that were inadvertently dropped in the dissemination of the Enneagram on my website at:

http://katherinefauvre.com

Behaviors only give us clues. Type is in the defense strategy and what triggers it. Along the way and after many course will all of the teachers including Ichazo and Naranjo I found that without the deeper and full understanding of the types, etc., is can be easy to mistype.

Katherinefauvre.com

Please share these test with anyone interested... I learn the most from what is problematic so I would appreciate any comments or feedback on my blog.

Katherine8

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
So I just wrote this really detailed proof for you and my computer glitched and deleted the whole thing... That's beyond frustrating, so forgive my layman's terms response.

I'm thinking that 7w6 3w4 1w2 so/sx is likely for your tritype. The 7 influence was very obvious as I'm sure you're aware, so I won't explain too much about that. I went with 6 over 8 as the wing because your response to authority, stress, and change all seemed to align more with 6 and the head triad in general. You are reserved and tentative to share yourself with others to a degree and while you recognize power as something useful, you assert that you were never initially drawn to it, which pushes away the possibility of an 8 wing (and by extension fix). Your tone quality seems to align better with the optimism and control of 7w6 so rather than the pure id focus of the 7w8.

The 3 influence was also fairly obvious, though I'll assert that your definitely 3w4>3w2 due to the strong desire for authenticity and desire to specifically go against the grain. You are very focused on self betterment and consider yourself to be adaptable and charming at least to a degree. Also this:
Shame: I mostly just run away and avoid the person or situation. If it is in a professional context where I cannot do so, I strive to get better and study everything I can/get various perspectives on the topic to prove myself better to the person in front of whom I was shamed.
That's pretty much a textbook 3 response. 3w4s are focused on making it to the top and tend to be less "flashy" than the typical 3 descriptions. You admit to being an exhibitionist at times, fearing being mediocre, desiring to make change, make an impact, write a best selling novel... All textbook 3 response. The strong focus on autonomy and your assertive and aggressive nature (though not excessively so), suggests double assertion, which fits the combo of 7 and 3.

Finally, the least obvious fix, 1w2. Not going to lie, your questionnaire was pretty relatable and I can't see triple aggression as a possibility (especially with the power avoidance), which is why I decided to focus on the possibility for 1 fix. You are obviously more competency focused than the average 7, and your attentiveness social issues, "doer" attitude, idealism, and ways you can make the world and even yourself better points to not only soc as a dominant instinct, but a strong 1 influence. The mentioning of taking the high road, perfectionism, and picking your battles also seems to fit 1 to a T. I went with 1w2 over 1w9 because there was somewhat of an outwards personal focus and also 8s and non sx blind 1w2s are often mistaken for each other because they are both fairly aggressive in their own respects.

Finally, I went with 7>3 because 1 disintegration seems more likely based on your stress responses...

Agian, sorry for the shortened response, I just hope it's helpful. If you have any questions, let me know.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
this is an exercise to get you in the moment, so it worked. good job!
(what did you feel just now when i said 'good job'? type, go, now. feel it as deeply as you can)
took me back to all the times in my childhood when teachers used to praise me, I used to win competitions, I was their favourite and slightly hated by some other kids. I felt really good and I had a big, wide grin. Accompanied by like a cool, lazy yeeeeeah sorta feeling.

As much as I fear failure, I weirdly have this inhibition/ fear about success too. Is that a 3 ish thing too?

1. this feels like you want a 7 (natural match for 3), enthusiastic, fun, more dominant than you but not overly dom
I guess so. I have always been drawn to 7s, I thought it was a case of like attracts like, but maybe it is a complementary opposites thing? Or my lower fix is drawn to the higher 7? In a way then, am I seeking to grow aspirationally towards 7? Even though I know integration point for 3 is 6?

3. i can really feel you here now, how you got into the moment and really started to 'feel it'. what you feel is the flow of the universe. youre in it. you ARE it. you feel yourself. your higher - self.

it is in this state, which makes the rest of your post 'real'. the authentic you. you can achieve this state whenever you like. the power is in you.
(how do you feel now, type, go)
Dude! @nablur, I didn't come here looking for a spiritual experience but I ended up having one anyway! :D Thank you. I think it is this sense of disconnect but also connect that I had been wanting to get to through meditation, and had not reached in a long time because jumping mind mostly... and this however felt like... dying. In a good way, ya know? Like dying and flying. When you are released from the mortal coil, I only imagine that's what this feels like. That sweet release into the ether, where you become one with it. Like sx 9 merging?

[what you feel when you strip away the labels is your egoic sense of who you are, slipping away. you feel safe and at home, so youre not afraid to look a little deeper... and when you do, you realize its no big deal because you're still there and that nothing has changed about who you are or your sense of worth. when i went through my own process, as i stripped away teh labels, i attacked, i got defensive, my ego was more of a violent thrashing , internally of course. i felt unimportant. unimportant things have no purpose and are discarded.
Beautifully worded. I am interested in knowing more about your exprience, unravelling your true Self. How long did the resistance last? How did you come around to accepting You? Did you have external help?

your mind is at peace right now, because you are experiencing presence, alignment with the universe. you got in your flow as you typed.
So flow state is when all the typology labels just fall off? But how do you maintain this with the ongoing chaos of real life, work, tiffs with people etc.?

there is clinical ADHD. in my non-at-all-professional opinion, there is a high % of add/adhd folks out there who have been mis-diagnosed and are simply living out of the moment... with spritual practice, we can all learn to exist in alignment.
i also see a high connection rate between add/adhd and both Ni/Ne.... i just dont know what it means yet.
I think what it is, is that a lot of Ne/Si mimics ADHD behaviour (seeking newness, very easily bored, scattered mind, easily distractible, transcontextual jumping across associations, unable to do anything routine and repetitive, having anxiety about dealing with S related tasks?) but the latter is way more severe obviously like I don't think someone with actual ADHD would be able to focus for this long on this post and get through it without distractions, without meds (that's what a doctor friend told me, anyway)

sociopathy is associated with 3's, on an extreme side. you have this potential within yourself. accept it, show it gratitude and love it. allow it to integrate into who you know you are... and you are not ashamed to admit it. you are loveable. you sick sociopathic fucker. ;)
High functioning sociopath is...good :wink: I have known, feared, embraced, relished the prospect of the darkness within me. I pull from it to write some crazy dark stories which make me feel drained after I am done. Eeks, why should I/ how do I show gratitude to my inner "Dark Passenger"? Also, isn't asking someone to integrate their inner sociopath into themselves a bad idea? :unsure:

(im not a 3, i dont know how you guys process feelings... lol ) you, tell me! :D
Idk man. My tert Fe sometimes pushes me off the cliff, hanging and leaves me to deal with it alone. Other times, I am able to write/reach out to people/talk/express my feelings but it HAS to be dealt with. I don't mind it when I know what I am feeling and how/why. But if I don't understand it, then it eats away at me not as feelings but as a puzzle. Something that doesn't make sense. So I must work my way through it, usually with the support of a trusted confidante because Fe needs external validation :/ 3s apparently plunge into anything BUT feelings, because feelings are pesky and get in the way of goals. A sentiment I never identified with. Do 8s really "tenderize their emotions"? You tell me. How does your wing affect emotional expression?

creativly fulfillment ... could be indication of w4
THAT's exactly why I thought 4w3 over 3w4. I even went over threads on here, and thought definitely 4w3 over 3w4. Ha!

SP3 is the counter-type 3, as i mentioned. shitty sleep schedules, lower self grooming standards than other 3's, less focus on appearance physically because they are concerned with actually performing, not the appearance of performance. SP rejects groupthink, SP3 would reject identifying with external groups so it can ... *cough* self-preserve its image. it cant stand out if its a sheeple. also indicative of a w4, probably Sx seconary instinct.... desire to *cough* sexually-preserve its image. SO last with zero desire to *cough* socially-preserve its image.
Well, that certainly checks out. Since I couldn't relate to so 3 at all!But then it does run in conflict with what others on here have said about sensing loads of so. Hm :/

if you have a witness (in person) begin connecting and communicating... talking about whatever comes to mind, even if it makes no sense. if you dont - put your hands to the keyboard and just go... let your fingers flow with your ideas and thoughts and feelings. take it as deep as you feel comfortable with. what you do with the product is yours. post or dont post.
Good idea!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
So I just wrote this really detailed proof for you and my computer glitched and deleted the whole thing... That's beyond frustrating, so forgive my layman's terms response.
Np, I just tried thanking you and a few others but then some error occured :/ So, yeah...

You are reserved and tentative to share yourself with others to a degree and while you recognize power as something useful, you assert that you were never initially drawn to it, which pushes away the possibility of an 8 wing (and by extension fix). Your tone quality seems to align better with the optimism and control of 7w6 so rather than the pure id focus of the 7w8.
Yeah, I think so too. Fair explanation for 6 > 8 though. Helped me understand it better. I oft wondered why as a 7w8 I seemed unable to come out of my head at times and wondered if it was inf Si thing or an sp blind thing. 7 (fix) is pretty strong though, I think.

You admit to being an exhibitionist at times, fearing being mediocre, desiring to make change, make an impact, write a best selling novel... All textbook 3 response. The strong focus on autonomy and your assertive and aggressive nature (though not excessively so), suggests double assertion, which fits the combo of 7 and 3.
Do 3s ambitiously bite off more than they can chew? Cuz I tend to do that, a LOT. Especially while singing and I start off in a high pitch that I can carry and is impressive, but harder to maintain especially if the pitch gets higher from thereon out. What is the difference between the 7 and 3's relation to fear of mediocrity?

Finally, 1w2. more competency focused than the average 7, and your attentiveness social issues, "doer" attitude, idealism, and ways you can make the world and even yourself better points to not only soc as a dominant instinct, but a strong 1 influence.
You got it right about the competency focus, but is that a 1 thing or 3 thing? The doer attitude is a lot more diluted IRL though. It is like there is this zeal, but I am in no hurry to form S.P.E.W or anything ;) (nod to 1w2 Granger) So dom probably makes sense MINUS core 3 or even 7. :sad: How do you reconcile this?

I went with 1w2 over 1w9 because there was somewhat of an outwards personal focus and also 8s and non sx blind 1w2s are often mistaken for each other because they are both fairly aggressive in their own respects.
This, I don't understand. Can you explain this a bit more as to why no 1w9? I thought I felt right at home with the 1w9.

Again, sorry for the shortened response, I just hope it's helpful. If you have any questions, let me know.
It was helpful :D Thank you! Oh, I have left you questions, don't worry ;)

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
This is great work with good Q&A.

In case it is helpful, this is my most updated version of the free type, tritype, instinctual type and enneastyle questions. it says version 2 but has changes that I would consider version 5.

http://app.trueself.io/home/(enneagram-test:enneagram/questions)?testName=enneagramv2
Hey @katherine8, I did take it and got a core 7 again. 748 sx/so. One criticism I can offer even as a semi - newb is that the cards make it really obvious to those in the know, so if someone wanted to *hack* their way through it.. they can do so.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
took me back to all the times in my childhood when teachers used to praise me, I used to win competitions, I was their favourite and slightly hated by some other kids. I felt really good and I had a big, wide grin. Accompanied by like a cool, lazy yeeeeeah sorta feeling.

As much as I fear failure, I weirdly have this inhibition/ fear about success too. Is that a 3 ish thing too?
all 3 stuff

I guess so. I have always been drawn to 7s, I thought it was a case of like attracts like, but maybe it is a complementary opposites thing? Or my lower fix is drawn to the higher 7? In a way then, am I seeking to grow aspirationally towards 7? Even though I know integration point for 3 is 6?
7's are fuckin awesome thats why :D
youre not growing aspirationally toward 7... go back to your answer#1 who you want to be with... 3's want something to distract them from the now. whether its work or whatever... because the now is a gateway to what they fear - themselves. a 7 would naturally keep the 3 occupied with fun/spontaneous/exciting events/conversation/lifestyle. the relationship is symbiotic in that a 7 would typically use humor to mask his fear of not being able to provide for himself. the successful 3 would ease this fear and help focus the otherwise scattered 7 toward its high of 5. focused and goal oriented. each keeping each other at the high state.

Dude! <!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->
@<b><a href="http://personalitycafe.com/member.php?u=442210" target="_blank">nablur</a></b>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: dbtech_usertag_mention -->, I didn't come here looking for a spiritual experience but I ended up having one anyway! :D Thank you. I think it is this sense of disconnect but also connect that I had been wanting to get to through meditation, and had not reached in a long time because jumping mind mostly... and this however felt like... dying. In a good way, ya know? Like dying and flying. When you are released from the mortal coil, I only imagine that's what this feels like. That sweet release into the ether, where you become one with it. Like sx 9 merging?
yes :)
ego death is important. your higher self needs to know the ego is but a tool. a cloak to don to accomplish your higher purpose. it does not define you. use your current state for whatever you want, but i'll suggest difficult decisions/goal setting. using the purity of your higher self, to determine your goal and use your ego to make it happen. just dont forget who you really are - remain conscious.

Beautifully worded. I am interested in knowing more about your exprience, unravelling your true Self. How long did the resistance last? How did you come around to accepting You? Did you have external help?
i have a couple posts in the 8 boards you can check out. years of self discovery with a few years scattered rounds of spiritual advisory and drugs. Id imagine most Se's would have a difficult time believing something against their physical senses.

self-acceptance? there is no choice man. no alternative... lol. its hard as fuck. people dont understand us. most of us dont understand ourselves. we 'know' everything... except ourselves. and it pisses us off. self-hatred is common in 8's.

So flow state is when all the typology labels just fall off? But how do you maintain this with the ongoing chaos of real life, work, tiffs with people etc.?
its difficult. people will doubt your truth, you will be outcast, you will lose friends, you will shed weight and form into your higher self over time.

find your path and stay true to it. or dont, and fall asleep again.

I think what it is, is that a lot of Ne/Si mimics ADHD behaviour (seeking newness, very easily bored, scattered mind, easily distractible, transcontextual jumping across associations, unable to do anything routine and repetitive, having anxiety about dealing with S related tasks?) but the latter is way more severe obviously like I don't think someone with actual ADHD would be able to focus for this long on this post and get through it without distractions, without meds (that's what a doctor friend told me, anyway)
yeah, agreed

High functioning sociopath is...good :wink: I have known, feared, embraced, relished the prospect of the darkness within me. I pull from it to write some crazy dark stories which make me feel drained after I am done. Eeks, why should I/ how do I show gratitude to my inner "Dark Passenger"? Also, isn't asking someone to integrate their inner sociopath into themselves a bad idea? :unsure:
dark passenger... hah. dexter fan?
what traits does your dark passenger have? character traits. type, no judgement, let it flow.

for example if one trait is selfish, go back into a memory where you allowed yourself to be selfish. what did you learn from being selfish that time? how did you feel? thank your dark passenger for showing you who you really are (both the dark passenger and the light passenger). you cant have learned what good is without learning what bad is. you cant understand selflessness if you dont understand selfishness. the darker your passenger, the brighter the driver. higher self is the driver.

Idk man. My tert Fe sometimes pushes me off the cliff, hanging and leaves me to deal with it alone. Other times, I am able to write/reach out to people/talk/express my feelings but it HAS to be dealt with. I don't mind it when I know what I am feeling and how/why. But if I don't understand it, then it eats away at me not as feelings but as a puzzle. Something that doesn't make sense. So I must work my way through it, usually with the support of a trusted confidante because Fe needs external validation :/ 3s apparently plunge into anything BUT feelings, because feelings are pesky and get in the way of goals. A sentiment I never identified with. Do 8s really "tenderize their emotions"? You tell me. How does your wing affect emotional expression?
good question... i cant speak for all 8's, and as an SO8, im the countertype too.
i treat tender emotions as a luxury. not required for survival. they come and flow through me sometimes, never without cause. the cause is always known. im not exactly sure what 'tenderize their emotions' means. see? even i cant observe myself exactly, without a mirror. :)

im an estp. i perceive my physical environment in the now. over my life ive categorized it for easy reference when judgement becomes necessary quickly. items are categorized heirarchically like a file system. as a Ti user im sure you can relate. maybe not physical sensory data but metadata/metaphysics? is that how Ne perceives? data stored in my brain comes with a 'how important is this for survival' rating. the rating correlates to level of excitement, which in turn correlates to how big of an adrenaline boost i get.

Well, that certainly checks out. Since I couldn't relate to so 3 at all!But then it does run in conflict with what others on here have said about sensing loads of so. Hm :/
higher self tends to truely 'know' truth when it is perceived. universal truths resonate. you get to decide what your truth is.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Hey @katherine8, I did take it and got a core 7 again. 748 sx/so. One criticism I can offer even as a semi - newb is that the cards make it really obvious to those in the know, so if someone wanted to *hack* their way through it.. they can do so.
consciously or sub-consciously *hack* ... enneagram tests dont work. 3rd party perception is required.

my 9 friend seriously sat on the question "how decisive are you on a scale of 1-10" for 5 minutes.

the conscious and subconscious are at war. this is why it is necessary to die in order to distinguish universal truth - go toward the light, and then look back at your shadow.

think of it spacially if it helps.

measurement in 1D is a single perspective, 2D takes 2 points, 3D 3 points of reference and so-on. the points of perception cant sense themselves. in order to perceive yourself , you a mirror or a different dimentional type of awareness.

when you achieve this higher state of awareness... flow... its as if you are the observer. in your flow, you can perceive without judgement of good/bad, positive/negative. next time you are emotionally triggered... take note of the situation and analyze it just as you did ealrier when i asked how you felt after i validated you. these emotional triggers are the shadows youre looking for as clues.

next time you feel amazing... take a moment to perceive why and under what conditions. thank your dark passenger... your shadow. bask in its beauty.

next time you feel like shit... dont be afraid. dont distract yourself externally. dive internally to the emotion. feel it. understand it. dont be spoiled. show gratitude to the trigger because you know it be used to see your shadow. if you can see your shadow you know something is causing it. you can be your own therapist.

enneagram is just a blueprint/mapping of the ego patterns. you can spend time recognizing your own triggers/shadows and then read through the various types and see which it aligns with.

how did you feel when i said 'dont be spoiled'?

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
7's are fuckin awesome thats why :D
youre not growing aspirationally toward 7... go back to your answer#1 who you want to be with... 3's want something to distract them from the now. whether its work or whatever... because the now is a gateway to what they fear - themselves. a 7 would naturally keep the 3 occupied with fun/spontaneous/exciting events/conversation/lifestyle. the relationship is symbiotic in that a 7 would typically use humor to mask his fear of not being able to provide for himself. the successful 3 would ease this fear and help focus the otherwise scattered 7 toward its high of 5. focused and goal oriented. each keeping each other at the high state.
Firstly, Thank You.The website isn't allowing me to thank the posts. Just me, or are you facing a similar problem? Now.. Interesting dynamic. So at first when i saw what you had typed here, my thought - "oh no, these two will just be feeding into each other's ego needs cuz if the 3 doesn't confront their now and grow, being swept away by 7, can there be growth? And if 7 is kept comfortable, and not allowed to challenge itself, will the 7 move to 5? "

yes :)
use your current state for whatever you want, but i'll suggest difficult decisions/goal setting. using the purity of your higher self, to determine your goal and use your ego to make it happen. just dont forget who you really are - remain conscious.
That seems hard but intriguing. With spiritual evolution, do you find that your understanding of typology changed as well? I am sure it impacts everything to a certain degree. Just speaking for myself, that experience from yesterday itself gave me great energy and calm. Which's definitely something else. got the last point, but what exactly do you mean when you say using the purity of the higher self to achieve difficult goals/make difficult decisions?

i have a couple posts in the 8 boards you can check out. years of self discovery with a few years scattered rounds of spiritual advisory and drugs. Id imagine most Se's would have a difficult time believing something against their physical senses.
Here I must admit to some kind of sensor bias, because I didn't think you were an Se user at all. I did sense Ti from the way you made your case for 3 (it was sub-conscious, after many years of MBTI... this thing happens naturally. I have to consciously fight the impulse when I am with someone new, else every little move and word is being scanned to probably determine type. But also, it feels more welcome and less threatening to know their type because I know that when someone is for ex. an Fi dom, try to appeal to their Fi but if that's inflexible, just...give up. No use shouting into a void.)

self-acceptance? there is no choice man. no alternative... lol. its hard as fuck. people dont understand us. most of us dont understand ourselves. we 'know' everything... except ourselves. and it pisses us off. self-hatred is common in 8's.
The general impression online is: self hatred -> the domain of the 4s. This is certainly something I hadn't head before, about 8. Is the self hate converted into anger at oneself and punishing oneself either consciously or sub-consciously?It is taking me time to undo and write freely btw. Not edit my thoughts, just go with it (As Nike would say?).

people will doubt your truth, you will be outcast, you will lose friends, you will shed weight and form into your higher self over time.
The former consequence is tougher than the harder. Idk man, people have walked out of my life before, and I have lived. It hurt, but I have made it through it. Besides, life's a journey. whoever wants to travel with me will.

haven't watched this yet, let the PC juice up a bit and I will.

dark passenger... hah. dexter fan?
Ooh.. what gave that away? :tongue: I was, until Hannah. I don't know why I harbour so much loathing towards her. I think it is because she just came along and made him lose touch with himself and he spiralled into killing randomly. I respected him conceptually, the vigilante. I saw him as giving what was justly deserved to those people. Although after our conversations, I am thinking if she actually put him in touch with, and helped him embrace the dark passenger (with disastrous consequences to everyone else but whatever)? Do you think he grew/integrated once he cast off that mask Harry (a core 1, I am guessing?) had taught him to put on, and The Code?

what traits does your dark passenger have? character traits. type, no judgement, let it flow.
My dark passengeris a highly critical, controlling, mob boss looking dude (hair slicked back) on a high back chair. It reminds me of the first description I read of Voldemort in the fourth book. (I read fourth book first, didn't understand jack and threw it away thinking "dumb book") So anyway, that description is given from the point of the caretaker of the Riddle Mansion who is looking into the room, and eavesdropping. back to what I was saying, yeah my dark passenger.. what does that say, I wonder? Something stereotypical and unoriginal about being oppressed by patriarchy/male figure in my life? :rolleyes: I think my dark passenger s a Te dom, lol. there is a definite streak of cruelty and ruthlessness, that kinda scares me. Lot of anger, when you combine that with my imagination... It is like a dark version of Amelie or Dark Betty from Riverdale (only less sexualized). Also, it's an intimidating bully fer sure.

good question... i cant speak for all 8's, and as an SO8, im the countertype too.
i treat tender emotions as a luxury. not required for survival. they come and flow through me sometimes, never without cause. the cause is always known. im not exactly sure what 'tenderize their emotions' means. see? even i cant observe myself exactly, without a mirror. :)
Tenderizing is probably like when you grind meat to a fine mix? Before making meatballs and such? So it is basically like 8's chew emotions and spit it out. that's the general idea.

im an estp. i perceive my physical environment in the now. over my life ive categorized it for easy reference when judgement becomes necessary quickly. items are categorized heirarchically like a file system. as a Ti user im sure you can relate. maybe not physical sensory data but metadata/metaphysics? is that how Ne perceives? data stored in my brain comes with a 'how important is this for survival' rating. the rating correlates to level of excitement, which in turn correlates to how big of an adrenaline boost i get.
Mixing the two like this seems heady and fruitful. Yeah I get your Ti process. (My) Ne takes data from around it, looks at what could be potentially great about it, what can be made of it, what other thing it looks like/reminds me of, turns it upside down sometimes because that helps too to get a different perspective. When I see something, it is less about survival and more about "What can be made of this?" like everything is playdoh. Someone on the sociotype website equated Ne with something like pushing forward to change and challenge the white hot lego blocks of reality, and I think that is certainly a good description albeit super wordy. For me, more potential and newness = more excitement =>deriving more energy from it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
my 9 friend seriously sat on the question "how decisive are you on a scale of 1-10" for 5 minutes.
:laughing: Incredible.

the conscious and subconscious are at war. this is why it is necessary to die in order to distinguish universal truth - go toward the light, and then look back at your shadow.
A head - "heart" struggle in a greater sense?

think of it spacially if it helps.
Lol that def does not given how exceptionally rubbish I am at spacial stuff (I'd probably have gone into engineering if I were good at that stuff, but also I don't like engineering (way too many folks going towards it, bleh) so no clue why I brought it up), but I read and got what you were trying to say.

next time you feel like shit... dont be afraid. dont distract yourself externally. dive internally to the emotion. feel it. understand it. dont be spoiled. show gratitude to the trigger because you know it be used to see your shadow. if you can see your shadow you know something is causing it. you can be your own therapist.

how did you feel when i said 'dont be spoiled'?
To be sure, this path of growth for a 3 seems very much like the plot of the Dr. Strange movie. Was Strange a 3? Tony Stark a 3? I relate to the arc of the reformed baddie so much, it is weird. I haven't understood till date why. I relate more to anti heroes/villain figures. As for being my own therapist, done that loads of times but not in the way you mentioned. Used To to identify, problem - shoot, comb through, Fe to connect and share, seek resolution nd move on.

The spoiled thing? Confusion mostly. Thought about it for a while, not much of an emotional reaction, actually.

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
Do 3s ambitiously bite off more than they can chew? Cuz I tend to do that, a LOT. Especially while singing and I start off in a high pitch that I can carry and is impressive, but harder to maintain especially if the pitch gets higher from thereon out. What is the difference between the 7 and 3's relation to fear of mediocrity?
Yeah, 3 is pretty much infamous for that. 7 isn't beyond that either since 7s want to do and experience as much as they possibly can (fear of missing out), so the combination the two would probably create a character who is fairly ambitious and has a tendency to spread themselves out thin.

With 7 vs 3 and the fear of mediocrity, it comes down to the difference between a heart type and a head type. 7 fears that their life will be mediocre and lacking in experience, that they'll be stuck in some dead end lull filled with boredom. The 7 evades this by actively seeking out what they see as positive experiences (whether it be in the physical or mental world). 3 on the other hand fears that they themselves will be mediocre. There is the undertone that they must prove their own worth to themselves/others, therefore a desire to aim high and push themselves for success. They desire to set themselves apart from others to become the master or at the very least near the top of their respected endevours.

You got it right about the competency focus, but is that a 1 thing or 3 thing? The doer attitude is a lot more diluted IRL though. It is like there is this zeal, but I am in no hurry to form S.P.E.W or anything ;) (nod to 1w2 Granger) So dom probably makes sense MINUS core 3 or even 7. :sad: How do you reconcile this?
It's a both thing, their both part of the competency triad. That's why I suggested 7 as a core because 7 isn't a competency focused type. That would dilute the competency influence while still keeping the desire to be competent.

You don't relate to so 7 or so 3? so 3 is understandable, as the descriptions of that type are typically blown out of proportion with the image focus and all that. I struggled with that too when I figured out I had a 3 fix. so 7 though? In which ways do you and don't you relate to the two?

This, I don't understand. Can you explain this a bit more as to why no 1w9? I thought I felt right at home with the 1w9.
1w2 vs 1w9 was sort of a shot in the dark tbh, it was pretty difficult to discern your gut fix afterall. I sort of went with 1w2 over 1w9 because an 8 fix and 1 fix are most commonly mistaken when either a) it's a sx dom 1 or b) you have a 1w2 fix because you have double superego with this fix. 1w9 is less aggressive because it doesn't have that combo and also because 9 seeks harmony.

However, if you feel more aligned with 1w9 I won't fight you on that one, I feel pretty strongly that you probably have a 1 fix, but 1w2 and 1w9 could probably be interchanged.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yeah, 3 is pretty much infamous for that. 7 isn't beyond that either since 7s want to do and experience as much as they possibly can (fear of missing out), so the combination the two would probably create a character who is fairly ambitious and has a tendency to spread themselves out thin.
If ambition is a qualifier, then I am afraid I won't make the cut. But what do you define ambition as? Just wanting more? Cuz that, yes. Is there any difference between 7-3 and 3-7, in how they come across, behave etc?

With 7 vs 3 and the fear of mediocrity, it comes down to the difference between a heart type and a head type. 7 fears that their life will be mediocre and lacking in experience, that they'll be stuck in some dead end lull filled with boredom. The 7 evades this by actively seeking out what they see as positive experiences (whether it be in the physical or mental world).
I fear the former, and do the latter frequently physically within budget and mentally as much as I can.

3 on the other hand fears that they themselves will be mediocre. There is the undertone that they must prove their own worth to themselves/others, therefore a desire to aim high and push themselves for success. They desire to set themselves apart from others to become the master or at the very least near the top of their respected endevours.
For me this fear is like knowing I am not mediocre but I am afraid I will become mediocre if my talents aren't used and polished, much like musical instruments. I know I am not mediocre at all. I know I have my special set of skills which is kind of weird and isn't suited to one particular area within my choice of profession but there has to be a niche area, sort of like consulting detective ;)

I want that 3 ish mastery and success but for 7 ish reasons totally. Like, if I am a master of my craft, people come to me. I am at nobody's beck and call. I can go do other things, visit places, and be free to enjoy as much as I can/want. Yes there is a desire to prove myself but to nobody else except myself and may be my parents who can be strong critics.

That would dilute the competency influence while still keeping the desire to be competent.
Can you explain what you meant by this? Is it like the desire to be competent, but not exactly working at it to be so?

so 7 though? In which ways do you and don't you relate to the two?
So 7 is the counter type of the 7 right? They can be self sacrificing, and often sacrifice fun time in pursuit of goals, telling themselves there will be time for that later? That aspect I cannot relate to. Still need to study more on so 3, then I will come back and tell you.

1w2 vs 1w9 was sort of a shot in the dark tbh, it was pretty difficult to discern your gut fix afterall. I sort of went with 1w2 over 1w9 because an 8 fix and 1 fix are most commonly mistaken when either a) it's a sx dom 1 or b) you have a 1w2 fix because you have double superego with this fix. 1w9 is less aggressive because it doesn't have that combo and also because 9 seeks harmony.
- I agree with the 1 fix thing and since it is the last and weakest fix, is it possible that it is tough to make out the wing on the last one?

·
Banned
1,812 Posts
If ambition is a qualifier, then I am afraid I won't make the cut. But what do you define ambition as? Just wanting more? Cuz that, yes. Is there any difference between 7-3 and 3-7, in how they come across, behave etc?
I define ambition similarly to desire. A desire to reach things, a desire to get more, a desire to achieve more. Just wanting more though... Usually I'd associate that with the gluttonous aspect of 7 but perhaps someone else could argue that's 3 related if they tried. 3-7 and 7-3 often give a very similar vibe and I'm infamous for mistaking the two. To differentiate, I'd focus on the core fears and struggles of each center. 3s feel out of touch with their values and worth and fear that they will become or are worthless in the end. 7s on the other hand, as a head type feels that they are out of touch with their inner guidance and security and fears that they will be trapped or deprived in some way. 7 cores are typically more anxious (though perhaps not outwardly) and 3s a bit more self conscious (though again, not always outwardly).

For me this fear is like knowing I am not mediocre but I am afraid I will become mediocre if my talents aren't used and polished, much like musical instruments. I know I am not mediocre at all. I know I have my special set of skills which is kind of weird and isn't suited to one particular area within my choice of profession but there has to be a niche area, sort of like consulting detective ;)

I want that 3 ish mastery and success but for 7 ish reasons totally. Like, if I am a master of my craft, people come to me. I am at nobody's beck and call. I can go do other things, visit places, and be free to enjoy as much as I can/want. Yes there is a desire to prove myself but to nobody else except myself and may be my parents who can be strong critics.
Both of these are pretty consistent for a strong 3 and 7 fixer overall.

Can you explain what you meant by this? Is it like the desire to be competent, but not exactly working at it to be so?
Not necessarily. It's like the desire to work hard and come across as competent, but put into secondary focus by the desire to enjoy yourself and experience the world. 7 core would tone down the influence of the competency oriented fixes (1 and 3) and make one a little more procrastinating and relaxed about their goals rather than a 3 or 1 core who lives for their goals alone.

So 7 is the counter type of the 7 right? They can be self sacrificing, and often sacrifice fun time in pursuit of goals, telling themselves there will be time for that later? That aspect I cannot relate to. Still need to study more on so 3, then I will come back and tell you.
I'd hesitate to pace focus on the "counter type" descriptions, as they are hotly debated. Even so, the way I had come to understand is so 7s tend to be a bit more sacrificing with their resources and more willing to share these with others than the other two subtypes. The metaphor I recall reading was something along the lines of wanting the last slice of cake but not taking it because someone else would also like that slice of cake, but then feeling weird afterwards because you wanted the cake (yikes I have a crappy memory, RIP). In the end so just gives the 7 a more global and worldly focus more than anything else.

More importantly than that though, I was always told to figure out the enneatype and IV separately and then work from there. Regardless of counter or regular version of types, an enneatype will have the same basic fears, vices, and defense mechanisms regardless of IV. If you focus on that, it'll probably be easier for you to narrow your type down.

- I agree with the 1 fix thing and since it is the last and weakest fix, is it possible that it is tough to make out the wing on the last one?
Most definitely, it's the least obvious fix after all. Some people don't even bother putting wings on their fixes either because in the end, they're not as important as the fixes themselves, with weaker fixes especially

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
7w6 so/sx + Neeeeeeeeee (Same as the lovely person in your avatar!)
Isn't he a cp6 though? With an 8 fix? Either way, I love him :hearts:

Thanks for chiming in. Why do you think 7 over 3? I am curious because that's what it has come down to, here if you look at a few prior posts on here.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
@Krayfish, the things you said did clear stuff up quite a bit, but I am still a bit confused and here is why.

I don't know if it is an Ne thing but I can relate to both bits here
7s on the other hand, as a head type feels that they are out of touch with their inner guidance and security and fears that they will be trapped or deprived in some way. 7 cores are typically more anxious (though perhaps not outwardly) and 3s a bit more self conscious (though again, not always outwardly).
I can seem calm and smooth in a crisis but internally it's like aaaaaaaaaaaaa! Both those traits are there, anxiety and wondering how I am coming across, and sometimes I overthink social interactions, come back home and think/analyze, wonder what could have gone better/said better, better comebacks etc. Of course it is a whole other thing that inf Si. barely remembers these things =)

For the sake of discussion, is it possible to be 7 core with strong 3 fix? I did read that the second number of the tritype is the constant undercurrent and I think that would make sense too?

Oh yeah, enjoy and experience > work hard and prove competency *little embarrassed to admit that but okay* Dude, my middle name is Procrastination :p

That particular example of social 7 I can relate to, but the over all attitude... still need to check up/reflect. Good tip about enneagram and IV.

Reactions: Krayfish
21 - 40 of 109 Posts