Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you seek and where do you find beauty?

How much of a need do you have to seek it out and take it in?

Been feeling stagnant and like I need to go on another little roadtrip for beauty. I need it, I hit these walls where when there's a distinct lack of beauty opening up my mind and heart I almost find it hard to get other things done until I meet that need. It means the world to me and I'm trying to figure out what it's all about :happy:

*figurative roadtrip

·
Registered
190 Posts
I find it in the places with little to no roads. Where things are part of the original design instead of what we've paved over. So more natural areas, such as deserts, forests, etc. That fulfills me more than my other source, which is music. But music can also be fulfilling.

Whatever reflects the essence of God is the most beautiful and most fulfilling to me. So it's always around me. I need to seek it out and take it in every day. But I don't always pay attention to it. It's all around me, but I don't always take the time to look.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i find beauty in people, but i have a distinct dislike of speaking and being around people at all times. This puts me in a bit of a predicament. What i've tried is bringing my guitar to the nearby park, picking a bench that is literally perfect--It's situated under a tree and overlooks a lake where families and couples will go to throw bread to the ducks. Sometimes the ducks will even come up. But ya, it has to be perfect. The spot you use must be something you'd see in a dream almost. On a side note, i actually walked around the park, the first time, for about half an hour looking for a location and i couldn't find one. But as i was leaving, that's when i saw it. and it felt right. but ya.... back on topic... what was it anyway? got lost in the sensation.

you get the point. just be comfortable wherever you go, and make sure it has has that magic quality that all INFJ's so desperately search for. BUT, don't overdo it! that's the problem we have. We find it, and cling to it. Think about it this way, the same magic trick gets old after awhile. Magic works based off infatuation. Not only that, but it's ruined once we've overdone, or figured it out.

I also have a fantasy that the girl of my dreams will come and sit next to me some time. Being in the park provides this opportunity. The day this happens, i will have hopefully found my love. Actually, she will have found me.

Whatever reflects the essence of God is the most beautiful and most fulfilling to me. So it's always around me. I need to seek it out and take it in every day. But I don't always pay attention to it. It's all around me, but I don't always take the time to look.
"the kingdom of god is in man." Not one man, but all men. People are beautiful creatures. i recommend you go onto youtube and search "The Greatest Speech Ever Made"

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Beauty can easily be found if one stays within the present moment. In racing to find one often gets caught in the thought or act that something is missing. It is within the mystery of anything that beauty is found. The blue of the sky. The sound of wind on leaves. The smells of sea spray. Seeing these things through the lens of passing time is often bland. Stop, look, listen, smell... Stay within.

Reactions: Curiously

·
Registered
885 Posts
I take effort to slow down and find beauty everywhere I am. A twisted barren tree in the dead of winter... a well made pencil or really comfy chair... a delicious new meal I have never tried before... the chorus of birds singing as I walk to my car changes from background noise to center stage... looking up while a gentle rain hits your face.

Anytime I find especial beauty, I try to actively appreciate it (though that can be awkward at times).

Yeah I know this sounds sickeningly cliche, but it is honest. I stop at work and look at the sky, the sky has always been an object of wonder for me. People sometimes ask me what I am looking for, I just tell them I like looking at the sky. The different cloud shapes and various colors . It can be a struggle to do these things, but I make extra effort to find beauty.

If I don't do this, the grayscale of reality would simply be too much.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,469 Posts
Where do you seek and where do you find beauty?

I find beauty in love, in new discoveries and revelations. I find it hidden in myself, another person, song, movie, book or the music of nature.

How much of a need do you have to seek it out and take it in?

I'd say it's one of my basic needs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts