Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
It's a goal of mine to have graduated with a Masters degree in ten years. I'd like to have started working before that, but be pursuing a job I would like, should I have come into a job I did not explicitly favor.

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Hopefully I will be living with cryptonia somewhere, working at a job I love as much as this one, possibly with a pet flying squirrel or something equally cute.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
144 Posts
in ten years....finished with med school, and maybe getting ready to work somewhere in africa for awhile. or maybe in another far away place. i don't want to be married or have kids, being tied down like that is just kind of scary. maybe a significant other though, who also likes traveling and ramen noodles. :D

Reactions: Grey

·
Registered
80 Posts
free of student loans and doing anything that will allow me to travel.

actually, my "dream" life in ten years would be: living in a small city, in an apartment with my partner and dogs, working a "non-traditional" job like errand-runner, nanny, dog walker... something flexible and not at a desk, and traveling for a couple of months a year. and some health insurance would be nice.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Leaving everything behind and just go anywhere. Somewhere. Then come back home and get a Master's.
Or something like that.

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What wonderful aspirations!

In ten years I will be almost 30. Hmm. Well, I hope I am happy wherever I may be... and hope to have collected by then, multiple visas to different countries. I also hope to have avoided all the student loans people have already mentioned.

I further hope to basically be an education advocate in developing countries and have set up schools/teaching colleges.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Wherever...

Wherever the wind takes me, through sunshine or rain... and that's the truth~

I honestly have no idea where I'll be in the future and especially at what time, and I take comfort in that. That's the way I want it. A traveler.

And I can also say that I take pride in saying that cliche statement, because it is my favorite element of weather, if you can really consider it weather, I consider it rather an enhancement...

I love the wind, …
A sensation unfelt like any other,
An unstoppable, immovable force, (that no one, .. or thing can combat)
Yet, .. you cannot touch it, (you) cannot see it, you feel it,
A feeling that can both give, and take,
It is interesting to think about, to have whirling around in my head, ..
It is bound by nothing, … no law, no rule, no authority,
It is free, …
It is free to roam and move as it pleases, without hesitation, plan, or guideline,
It is always moving, and at any instant able to adapt to nature’s calling, to fulfill, and what is more it enjoys it’s work, it is in it's natural element, and is not ashamed of such, because it knows where and what it's meant to be, … and is~

Reactions: Eylrid

·
Registered
236 Posts
The only thing I know for sure is that I want to have my PhD in psychology by then and I want my daughter to be a happy, healthy 14 year old girl. There are other things I think about, but they will change I'm sure as I grow more mature and learn more about myself.

Reactions: Selene

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
in 10 years... I hope to have finished school, have a good job, and married to the one I love/building a family. I really hope this will be the case. All of the other little stuff is but icing on the cake.

·
Registered
111 Posts
In ten years time... I see myself with a master degree in Literature, teaching during the week and voluntary working soup kitchen or something like that in my spare time.
Also, I hope I'll see be a kid at heart. I can't imagine myself "getting older" with the way I see life.

·
Registered
838 Posts
10 years - Solid, well paying job, decent relationship
20 years - Midlife Crisis, questions my course of life and either become a cult leader, a bum, or insane
30 years - Probably dead xD

·
Registered
308 Posts
Probably just a physical therapist or massage therapist. Possibly acupuncturist. Hopefully I'll have studied more into martial arts and learned several languages. Also having a nice home in the mountains of Colorado wouldn't hurt.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
In ten years time I'll have hopefully found a fellow NF to share my life with. And one that can see the real me, not the me with the colourful past.
*sigh* It's nice to dream....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts