Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm 95% certain that I am a 1w2, but I thought that I'd ask y'all what you thought since I feel like my 2 wing has a strong pull. Or maybe you think I'm something else completely?

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I strive for a better future by building up necessary skills and experience now so that they may build upon one another and get me to a point where I feel content and at peace in my environment. I am driven by improving myself and using my power to make a difference. Granted, I aspire to be a collections manager/curator in an art museum, and I hope that I can make the museum(s) I work in accessible to people from a variety of backgrounds. And I also want to get museum visitors excited about seeing art.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

As I said above, I want to become a collections manager in an art museum. I would also like to get married or have a long-lasting partnership with someone.
3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I really hate it when I get angry, but sometimes my temper gets the better of me, which I know is a common trait of 1s. I want to avoid being seen as annoying or rude to people; I want to be liked.
My strongest values are probably loyalty, perseverance, compassion, and lending a listening ear.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

My biggest fear is probably that of abandonment. My social anxiety certainly doesn't help it, but I sometimes get an irrational feeling that everyone I love is going to leave or neglect me. I am also terrified of absolute failure and being seen as a loser by the people that I care about.
5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as an individual who is compassionate, funny, creative, and caring. I tend to reveal little of myself when I first meet people and put up a mask of general niceness and shyness, but I lower the mask once I get to know people more. I'm more outgoing with close friends and family than with strangers and acquaintances.
I see myself in a slightly different light than that of my friends and family. I don't see one being more "genuine" than the other. I sometimes view myself as a loner and in some situations, especially unfamiliar ones, I see myself as being very different than those around me. I do like myself, but I have a love/hate relationship with my perfectionistic attitude.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I feel my best when I am doing something that makes me laugh, when I have fun experiences with my friends, and when I read, watch, or play an amazing work of fiction.
I feel my worst when I feel that I can't handle everything that is going on around me, when I can't accomplish anything, and when I feel abandoned.
7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

a) I usually try to suppress anger, and it either fades away or grows into something bigger and comes boiling out
b) I stop speaking when I am ashamed and I tend to withdraw into myself. I try to avoid others during this time.
c) Since I have trouble with anxiet, I tend to have a variety of experiences. At its mildest, I tend to speak quickly, be overly physically stimulated, and get a bit brash and irritable. Sometimes I will break down into tears and won't stop crying until I reach a solution or find a distraction. At its worst, I get panic attacks.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) I usually try to work through my stress so that I can get what I need to done, but if it builds up too much, then I have a meltdown.
b) I act wary of the change at first, but then I learn more about it and how it will affect me, others, and my environs and I adapt to it.
c) I have had a strange relationship with conflict. In the past, I used to dread conflict in any form and tried to suppress drama between my friends. Nowadays, I see that conflict has some cathartic benefits and, if productive, can lead to productive changes. However, unresolved conflicts frustrate me.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

a) I tend to respect authority figures that are in my immediate premise; i.e. my parents, professors, and bosses. I might not always agree with what they do, but I respect their positions. I do try to earn their respect and present my best self and work for them. I am more weary of authority figures with a lot of power, especially if what they're doing is benefiting a few privileged in power while squashing others.
b) I also have a strange relationship with power! I both crave it and am repulsed by it. I do like being a leader and I did hold several leadership positions in college, but the power and responsibilities of the position often overwhelmed me. I do not trust most individuals with a lot of power, especially of the undeserved variety. I honestly feel like I am the best as a second-in-command, where I can use my leadership skills, advise the leader, and troubleshoot details in the leader or group's plan.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
Oh boy, it's cliche time. Even though I don't always think about it, I do think that life is a gift and one should use that gift wisely and not squander it away.
I think that humanity is a very complex thing. I don't think that people are inherently bad or good, most of us are a combination of the qualities, and there are individuals who possess a significant amount of one over the other. I think that education and listening to a variety of voices is a good first step in eliminating suffering. People who hurt other people are often hurting on the inside themselves.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Should I try filling out the second survey? Would that be more helpful?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts