Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been searching around reading the definitions for the various personalities, functions, people's experiences on here as different types and I must say I've never settled on mine. Online tests consistently give me INTP but I'm really doubtful since I've had people say I seem like an INFP or ISFP, yet on further analysis I've realized I might not even be an I and the only one I can say I'm pretty sure about is the P. So reading another thread I found questions asked to someone else seeking their type and have decided to try and answer them to the best of my ability. Any help given is much appreciated :happy:

1. When working on a project where do you place your emphasis? the process of putting it together? or the final product? (Do you experiment with your perspectives to create ideas? )
A: Not sure I can apply that to anything at the moment. Can you give me an everyday example?

2. Are you a realist? Are you more of a no nonsense type of person? (I find these people like to call bullshit on everything)
A: I'd like to think I am but I find myself not caring if I catch someone bullshitting and let them go on like I believe them if that counts.

3. Would you say you make decisions quickly? or do you take a while coming to a conclusion, because you hope you're not missing some vital information that will change your mind?
A: I am likely to try to get a little info first, then jump in from there hoping for the best. I'm always hoping I made the right decision and didn't miss anything but that doesn't seem to change my strategy lol.

4. Do you ever experience nostalgia? For instance being able to completely remember a mood of a past experience/time?
A: Yes! Absolutely.

5. Are you of the rebellious sort? The sort who rebels for no reason other than to rebel against authority?
A: Yes! Absolutely. In fact, if I started a political party I'd call it Contrarian Party just because to amuse myself. Being forced to conform in any way kind of pisses me off lol.

6. When watching a film and critiquing it? Do you critique it based on details in the film, for instance on how you thought a certain portion of it was un-realistic (or something along those lines) or based on the idea or point they were trying to get across/how well they got it across? (It can be a combination of both sometimes too) (an example would be for example, critiquing Passion of the Christ, do you think the movies retarded because no one can live as long as he did with that much blood loss, or because of the fundamental errors the movie makes when trying to make its point, and the way it tries to connect the audience to that point?)
A: Yes I do critique accuracy or some technique (my knowledge there is rather limited), but it used to annoy me when my ex would do that. I'd think "oh just sit quiet an enjoy the movie." Now it's different for some reason. Maybe because I don't have to vocalize and it's only going on in my head. Yeah I pretty sure I'd notice the blood loss being unrealistic and then go on a mental tangent from there and miss about half the movie. I do that lots of times. :( The rest I really don't notice or care about like getting points across and connecting to audience.

7. When debating with others, do you ever get the feeling or state for that matter, that you can see where your opponent is coming from? For instance I have gotten into arguments over things I honestly don't believe (or could care less if it were true), but it all started when someone would tell me about a certain topic and how this certain stance is stupid.Then I would say well, I can see why they'd think that or how it could be possible, then they'd start arguing with me as if I had a stake in it.... Do you feel you do anything like that?
A: Yes I can see where they are coming from. I'd only argue something I didn't agree with to being with if I feel like screwing around and I'm feeling...I'm having a very hard time remembering the term for this feeling by the way and now I'm going to check the possible synonyms and I'm settling on...playfully restless? (Last night after leaving here I figured finicky would be much better!) I couldn't find anything good so I'm going with that. But yeah I've done that lol. I don't know about them arguing like I had a stake in it.

8. Do you notice symbols in the world, do you ever try and wrap the symbol back to an idea that you believe?]
A: No? Not likely anyway.

9. Are you hurt by criticisms? Do you get personally offended when people try and criticize you? or are you thick skinned?
A: When hurtful yes, when constructive no.

10. Say for example your learning about cameras in school, would you be more inclined to go home right away and read a whole shit load on cameras so you feel confident in your knowledge of cameras? or would you feel perfectly comfortable when the teacher calls on people to come try it out, to just hop up there and start using it?
A: I'll grab it and toy with it and figure it out what way. I like to read recreationally, not for instructions :p I only do for additional features I've never bothered with learning about before like ISO. I would only skim through for anything else and if I still couldn't figure it out I'd give in and read, though I would be annoyed by the fact that I have to.

11. When you are out do you worry about how people will interpret any action you take? (sort of in a seinfeld sort of way, where they over analyze actions people make, trying to find their true motivation) Do you feel a sort of pressure from this?
A: I worry about it sometimes, not a lot. I don't think I feel pressure though.

12. In a classroom setting do you ever find yourself helping other people out with projects or homework when you see their struggling? Do you do this to make yourself feel more comfortable?
A: Not really, did only if asked.

13. Do you find yourself ranting to your friends about how a certain something could have been done way easier? Or how someone went about doing something (anything like a project,work,etc.) was really stupid and you could have done it way better and in a more simple fashion?
A: No but I'm sure if I'd think it, I'd not say anything and just rant in my head lol

14. how does your average day go in general,
A: Chaotic. I do my jobs in the morning pretty much on schedule but only because I have to or else I'll lose my job then everything else just whatever, whenever. I WISH I could do things on a schedule or routine but I fail miserably, and I have tried OFTEN.

15. what things do you value the most,
A: Happiness, everything to do with music, being entertained, entertaining and fun to be around in general, social justice and getting involved, independence, freedom to do my thing, my MP3 player (never leave home without it, even for 10 minutes)

16. what things regularly bug you,
A: Boredom, negative moods and emotions, conflict that isn't fun (I like fun conflict lol), people misunderstanding me or judging me, control or attempts to, feeling boxed in by anything/anyone, routine.

17. what do you value most in other people and what qualities do you find most repulsive in others,
A: Value: honesty, authenticity, be fun to be around, not bring me down or drain me, not expect me to listen and sympathise (I used to but I can't stand to any more for some reason)
Repulsive: dishonesty, inauthenticity, people that bring me down and expect me to listen and care, when people try to tell me what to do or control me in any way, people being uptight.

18. how do you evaluate people in general,
A: How they treat me and from past experiences with them or others like them. Unfortunately there's black and white thinking.

19. how do you arrive at your decisions,
A: With much difficulty for big things, attempt to eliminate other options (sometimes I even have to resort to eeny, meeny, miney, mo lol...), try to narrow down to last choice then hope I made the right one and hope it goes ok. Hope but not expect that is.

20. what factors are you most likely to pay attention to when deciding on things.
A: Which I like most and eliminate which I dislike most. Depending on what it is, I think realist only comes in later.

21. Any peculiarities that you have noticed about your personality?
A: I like to be around other people as I seem to be energised but I get burnt out being the entertainer so I need time to recover. I have social anxiety in the most common situations but I've been complimented on my social skills. People seem to like being around me they see me as cheerful, pleasant and fun to be around. I used to care and feel a lot about what others were going through and do my utmost to help, now I couldn't give 2 shits. Appearance-wise I'd like to be myself a lot more but I don't want to stand out too much. I use masks to pretend I care about what people are saying and know exactly which reactions to have and expressions also and know what to say. Used to feel emotions very strongly, too strong, now I don't experience much of anything, just twinges here and there when brought on by something rather upsetting. I love to let loose and relax and hope others do around me. "Curious" is my middle name. So is "trouble". I love to embrace my dark side until it gets too much. I love messing with people, especially concerning my dark side these days or just to be funny. Spend an awful lot of time and energy in self-analysis lol.

22. Anything that makes you stand out from other people that you know?
A: My appearance and interests.

23. What do you yourself think are your strengths and weaknesses?
A: Strengths: strong need for independence, freethinking and free-willed, want to make something of myself and be part of something big, can play any instrument I pick up it seems, seemingly constant optimism around others especially (I'm constantly catching myself doing it saying things like "no big deal", I can handle it" and I really don't think I can sometimes. Maybe this is a weakness partially)
Weaknesses: too thin skinned, highly distractable, can be somewhat of a perfectionist (especially when playing an instrument and I screw up) but most times quite the opposite, black and white thinking, avoiding unpleasant feelings and emotions like the plague, very easily bored, very much un-organizable (I've tried but it doesn't work or suit me), hedonist (not sure if this would be considered a weakness or not, I don't lol)

Reactions: Unicorntopia

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for taking the time to read and help me out! :happy:

I didn't know there was such a thing as well-balanced, must be what the 50-50%ish E/I, T/F and N/S was telling me. To be honest the only things I was absolutely sure of was the P lol. I wonder if that's why I couldn't figure out my type?

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I searched and read more about personalities under stress and looking under ISFP now I can see where my NT is coming from. I didn't know that the shadow part comes out under stress or illness. Now it all makes sense. :happy: No wonder it was so confusing lol.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok now I just need one clarification, what would you say defined me and an I or what separates me from an E?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
Ok now I just need one clarification, what would you say defined me and an I or what separates me from an E?
Nothing from your responses. There is indication that you use Fi and Se and you're a P as well. Only two types that fit the bill: ISFP and ESFP.

ISFP: Fi Se Ni Te
ESFP: Se Fi Te Ni

So you'll have to decide which function is your dominant one - Fi the introverted feeling, a judging function, or Se extraverted sensing a perceiving function. The tertiary function is also different Ni vs Te - people develop this function anywhere from early 20s to 30s - so if you are ESFP then you will feel Te kicking in occasionally in your thinking. If you are ISFP then Ni.

Where to read about functions:
ENFP Wiki
Function Attitude
personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/24032-intro-function-theory-more-detailed-descriptions-each-function-attitude.html

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again for helping me out :happy:
I happened to be at the library today and found a book on teaching yourself Jung which was really interesting as it described everything about Extraversion, Intraversion, the functions and shadow versions and they were a lot easier to understand than on much of the web versions. If going by my youth before the bullying by my peers, teachers and later parents I feel I was an extravert because I remember quite clearly that I did not hang around the same people at all times and was more of a social butterfly going between different groups and both genders. My mother even told me I was extremely excitable when having people over, which I usually didn't have just one and the more people there were the more hyper I got. I had more experiences like that after high school, where I was part of large several social groups and I was quite content to be hostess for gatherings and parties, the only thing that drained me were the activities :wink: When I read in the book today about how things can change the way you originally were it made a lot of sense why I became an introvert later on under stress. Even now I get bursts from being around people and the burning out happens I think, because of how animated and excessively talkative I am. If it were possible in the literal sense could likely talk people's ears off and I'm sure they'd be glad they didn't have to put up with listening to me again lol. I do have a problem being alone and have developed several defence mechanisms to counter my boredom and my lack of energy of just feeling blah goes away when I'm doing something outside of home or around people or talking on the phone. It makes sense now possibly why I feel like this might be the case.

I felt like Se was my first for sure when reading a version of the functions I could understand. Plus I know what balanced really means now, I was doubtful as to whether I understood fully or not since I have been wrong before with this theory. I feel like Fi is after Se though. Does a person's instinct in guessing the functions have any meaning? My intuition is rather crappy and has let me down many times but I occasionally get it right lol I so have a tendency to try to entertain whomever I am around at the time and was rather difficult to keep quiet when in the company of friends in classes even under stress. Always been a thrill seeker too it seems like, I've done enough dumb things which have and have not gotten me hurt and it wouldn't change much except how I do things rather than if I do things. I once considered stunt riding as a career when younger lol

I found another interesting site last night about the functions in the different roles at ibiblio.org but the ESFP still stands out as I'm sure Ni is dead last, I can add that they bother are rather crappy for me lol.

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
.... I feel like Fi is after Se though. Does a person's instinct in guessing the functions have any meaning? My intuition is rather crappy and has let me down many times but I occasionally get it right lol I so have a tendency to try to entertain whomever I am around at the time and was rather difficult to keep quiet when in the company of friends in classes even under stress.
Yes I do think that as you're reading functional descriptions the function that is most developed in you will resonate with your understanding the most. So if you relate to Se the most then most likely you are of ESFP personality preference. For ESFPs the inferior intuition function I read can lead into periods of doubt when they are thinking to themselves. Inferior function can sometimes 'act-out' but because we have such clumsy use of our inferior it appears in sort of very raw/childish manner -- "As an Inferior Function, Ni typically leads ESPs to either self-doubt or claim to a mystic vision--to see themselves as an oracle of transcendent truth, bypassing the need for finding things out through observation, reasoning, and putting ideas to a test." - so as you describe inferior Ni can kind of 'mis-shoot'.

Extraversion/introversion doesn't actually have to deal with people. Usually it is the F-type extraverts that extravert in ways that fit the common definition of extraversion - socialize with their friends, go to a party or host one, volunteering, joining clubs, etc. Extraverts simply need more interaction out of their environment, whether there are people in it or not. For T-type extraverts this doesn't have to involve other people as they are inherently less interested in people than F-type extraverts. They can for example simply be taking trips to nature, or go shopping for some gadgets alone and for them this is form of extraversion. Extraversion of F-types is usually more people-oriented and more easily understood.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I do think that as you're reading functional descriptions the function that is most developed in you will resonate with your understanding the most. So if you relate to Se the most then most likely you are of ESFP personality preference. For ESFPs the inferior intuition function I read can lead into periods of doubt when they are thinking to themselves. Inferior function can sometimes 'act-out' but because we have such clumsy use of our inferior it appears in sort of very raw/childish manner -- "As an Inferior Function, Ni typically leads ESPs to either self-doubt or claim to a mystic vision--to see themselves as an oracle of transcendent truth, bypassing the need for finding things out through observation, reasoning, and putting ideas to a test." - so as you describe inferior Ni can kind of 'mis-shoot'.

Extraversion/introversion doesn't actually have to deal with people. Usually it is the F-type extraverts that extravert in ways that fit the common definition of extraversion - socialize with their friends, go to a party or host one, volunteering, joining clubs, etc. Extraverts simply need more interaction out of their environment, whether there are people in it or not. For T-type extraverts this doesn't have to involve other people as they are inherently less interested in people than F-type extraverts. They can for example simply be taking trips to nature, or go shopping for some gadgets alone and for them this is form of extraversion. Extraversion of F-types is usually more people-oriented and more easily understood.
My crappy Ni has gotten me into more trouble than I'd like to admit. So my volunteering would count towards this too? I have been enjoying that whether by choice or academically and apparently I'm a delight to be around lol. Reading the differences between T and F extraverts, I am getting more of a grasp on the balance concept but I do lean to the F. It really felt weird thinking I'd be an E so I just had to make sure. Does that mean you can be a shy extravert too?

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
My crappy Ni has gotten me into more trouble than I'd like to admit. So my volunteering would count towards this too? I have been enjoying that whether by choice or academically and apparently I'm a delight to be around lol. Reading the differences between T and F extraverts, I am getting more of a grasp on the balance concept but I do lean to the F. It really felt weird thinking I'd be an E so I just had to make sure. Does that mean you can be a shy extravert too?
When you are volunteering your mind's focus in placed on interaction with some people/objects outside of yourself, with outside environment, so yep this also counts as extraversion. Extravert/Introvert definitions are a bit black and white. No person is complete introvert or extravert because as you can see we all have a mix of extraverted functions and introverted ones. In fact if as you go around every day life, the switch between two happens almost instantaneously - one moment all your focus may be on outside environment (extraversion), the next moment it may all shift internally as you will start thinking to yourself and ignore what's outside (introversion).

Introversion and extraversion do not really relate to how comfortable you are around other people, or secure in yourself, or level of your social skills. Among introverts there are people who are charismatic, and confident, and have good social skills. And then of course there are extraverts who are insecure in themselves, or for some reason developed poor social skills. There is nature vs nurture argument because a lot of attitudes and skills you pick up as kid or in adolescence. For example some studies show that kids who have been raised in families where there is a lot of conflict and domestic abuse have worse social skills, probably because they felt the need to withdraw from their hostile parents or never quite learned how to interact with other people the correct way because all they saw was their parents fighting. Put an extravert in such environment and they can become more shy and withdrawn as a result. Therefore yes, I think you can be shy extravert with social phobia.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When you are volunteering your mind's focus in placed on interaction with some people/objects outside of yourself, with outside environment, so yep this also counts as extraversion. Extravert/Introvert definitions are a bit black and white. No person is complete introvert or extravert because as you can see we all have a mix of extraverted functions and introverted ones. In fact if as you go around every day life, the switch between two happens almost instantaneously - one moment all your focus may be on outside environment (extraversion), the next moment it may all shift internally as you will start thinking to yourself and ignore what's outside (introversion).
My counsellor actually explained this to me too but I assumed she wasn't talking about MBTI functions but just the usual way people use the terms introvert and extrovert. She said most people are somewhere in between. This actually reminded me that I was gonna ask about the possibility of using both at different times so thanks for answering in advance.
Introversion and extraversion do not really relate to how comfortable you are around other people, or secure in yourself, or level of your social skills. Among introverts there are people who are charismatic, and confident, and have good social skills. And then of course there are extraverts who are insecure in themselves, or for some reason developed poor social skills. There is nature vs nurture argument because a lot of attitudes and skills you pick up as kid or in adolescence. For example some studies show that kids who have been raised in families where there is a lot of conflict and domestic abuse have worse social skills, probably because they felt the need to withdraw from their hostile parents or never quite learned how to interact with other people the correct way because all they saw was their parents fighting. Put an extravert in such environment and they can become more shy and withdrawn as a result. Therefore yes, I think you can be shy extravert with social phobia.
Wow I had no idea that was possible due to the more common use of the terms, now it's becoming so much clearer lol. I would describe myself as insecure in myself and I thought I had poor social skills but I'm being praised on them by several people these days so I guess there not bad at all. I even though I coined the term social retard in applying it to myself lol. Guess I was wrong. I don't know if I could be considered charismatic though, but I do articulate everything in a physical way and also dramatic way at times especially when telling my stories as if I'm putting on a show, it's something I can't help lol. That's cool about the possibility of being made into a shy extravert, because I have been diagnosed with a very mild form of social anxiety, which is now in doubt by my current pysch. because I'm extremely functional and she believes is more of performance anxiety in test and other such highly stressful situations. I used to perform in musical shows in choirs and alone on piano and I never skipped out, but when it came time for tests or oral presentations on my own (on subjects I felt uncomfortable in my knowledge) I skipped on a regular basis until the next day and was perfectly ok with taking a 0 if I couldn't. As a former straight-A kid that hurts. If the subject matter was interesting and I knew what I was talking about, the pressure was not so bad and I could perform quite well and got the grades to go with it.

So I guess this solves the seemingly never-ending quest for my MBTI type lol. *jumps for joy!*

You guys have been ever so helpful and I hope you know how much appreciative of this I am. :happy:
Now to make my final signature pic...lol

Reactions: vel

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the "Happy Dance". (You have to see it to appreciate it) :crazy:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have to admit I stole the idea from someone else though but I did all the Photoshop work and just switched the pics to ones I liked and rearranged the sayings. There were 2 originals I found yesterday and one said "sensors: prefer the real thing" and the other said "intuitives: we don't". I wish I could take credit but I can't. I've been so wanting to say something about this topic for sooooo long so I jumped on the idea lol. I'm pretty sure it isn't a sensor/intuitive thing since many different types can play real instruments, but the whole Guitar Hero thing just bugs me as someone who can play the real thing and even if I couldn't I think I'd still rather pick up the real one instead.

I noticed your avatar before and I had a hard time reading it though, it's looks like a really sweet anime what is it of? I'm somewhat of an anime junkie, if you can't tell by my username :happy:

Thank You ! :happy: Is it really that obvious? I wish it had been to me but I had a very hard time understanding the functions until I found something about Se that made me think that HAD to be it, but having not understood what the difference between E/I and F/T made it really hard to accept. Plus I didn't know about people under extreme stress acting the opposite way. I couldn't do it alone though, it was getting really frustrating so I reached out for help and it took a lot less longer for them to figure it out so I'm very happy *Joy!*

At least now my enneagram, oldham and MBTI match now lol.

And thanks for feeding my endless need for praise :happy:
*Ahhh...I am an attention whore aren't I? :wink: I don't like admitting it...but it's true. Nothing makes me happier. :crazy:*

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I noticed your avatar before and I had a hard time reading it though, it's looks like a really sweet anime what is it of? I'm somewhat of an anime junkie, if you can't tell by my username :happy:

Thank You ! :happy: Is it really that obvious?
Neon Genesis Evangelion!!! That photo is loaded with meaning once you watch the series and 2 movies all the way through.

What is Revy2Hand from?

You had originally typed as INTP and as I was reading through their board you did not strike me as the typical INTP. I "feel" types as opposed to typing them based on actions and traits. Each of the different types strike me with a different feeling, such as I will be drawn to them in a particular way or will begin imagining what it would be like to hang out with them.

examples:

ENFJ - sunny breezy feeling
ENFP - make me want to talk a lot and run around and get really excited
INTP - strong curiosity attraction
INFP - cute, calming, fancy
ESFJ - What was it you want me to do? Why are we doing this exactly? Oh, we are having fun people oriented "S" things... I see. I promise to do my best. :happy:

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Neon Genesis Evangelion!!! That photo is loaded with meaning once you watch the series and 2 movies all the way through.
I've really been meaning to see that one I hear loads of good things about it.

What is Revy2Hand from?
It's from Black Lagoon, she's the female lead. Almost all the characters are very strong females kind of like Kill Bill. If you ever watch it I recommend the dub as I've heard the dub is better because the voices are more realistic because Revy and some others are American, so it sounds weird apparently in the originals. Plus most people say the dub is excellent anyway. Loads of cursing and violence though if you aren't into that you might not be interested. There's 3 seasons so far, I have no idea if they're gonna have more, but each season is 12 eps and there's a manga as well that I'm reading. I only have the first season on dvd so far. They're really expensive here and I haven't found any of season 2 yet. I'm not sure if season 3 has been dubbed yet either.

You had originally typed as INTP and as I was reading through their board you did not strike me as the typical INTP.
The reasons I thought I was, was because I consistently tested as one, plus under stress apparently as as ESFP I go into INTJ mode but I didn't see the J because I am so strongly P maybe. I enjoyed reading what the others had to say too. It was reading the functions and finally understanding them that led me to ESFP and help from the nice 2 people on here who actually read my life story pretty much lol. The other reason I might have tested and thought I was INTP was I have basically emotionally dissociated or emotionally matured, I'm not sure yet. I hope it's the maturity one because I quite like it this way as opposed to before when I was so sensitive and depression doesn't help. I felt rather dumb next to the other INTPs so I didn't say too much lol. Also the morbid curiosity I have contributed to the INTP confusion for me as well. And the fact that INTPs also were musically capable too made me lean towards there and the fact that I prefer to make decisions logically than by emotion.

The first part of my realisation was being 99% sure I was actually an S. I'm sure loads of people here have seen me go from ISFP to INTP back to ISFP and now ESFP (where I feel I definitely belong and am not questioning at all but I did with the others.) A few people seem to agree with the ESFP diagnosis too so that helps a lot lol. I've seen the comments about a few others who have bounced all over so I empathize with them and I also wonder if anyone is expecting me to change again lol. Not a chance :happy: Oh I don't know if you saw I made a couple of ESFP posters in the MBTI poster thread since the ones I saw basically revolved around one thing so I made some more suitable for me and maybe some others hopefully. I hope people see my current one as not being serious either. Plus it sadly wasn't my own idea, I hate ripping people off but it was too funny and I'd been looking to make fun of the whole Guitar Hero thing for a good while now. As someone who's musically inclined, I just couldn't get into it. I know I have my serious moments in here but I am joking around about 90% of the time. :wink: The rest of my sig should indicate that if anyone's paying attention. Maybe I should add some smileys onto it since I'm prone to smiley abuse lol. If I didn't do that though, I have a strong feeling people wouldn't know I was joking and would be insulted by loads of what I say, it's already happened with smileys so I try to do it all the time now.

I "feel" types as opposed to typing them based on actions and traits. Each of the different types strike me with a different feeling, such as I will be drawn to them in a particular way or will begin imagining what it would be like to hang out with them.
examples:
ENFJ - sunny breezy feeling
ENFP - make me want to talk a lot and run around and get really excited
INTP - strong curiosity attraction
INFP - cute, calming, fancy
ESFJ - What was it you want me to do? Why are we doing this exactly? Oh, we are having fun people oriented "S" things... I see. I promise to do my best. :happy:
Out of curiosity how do ISFPs and ESFPs feel to you? I like those descriptions, they give me an overview of different ones that I can actually understand and separate from each other without all the jargon. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Out of curiosity how do ISFPs and ESFPs feel to you? I like those descriptions, they give me an overview of different ones that I can actually understand and separate from each other without all the jargon. :tongue:
I do not have much experience knowing many ISFPs or ESFPs closely in real life but I will give my vague feelings I have so far.

ISFP - They do not make me feel socially anxious at all. I can tell them my emotions freely without feeling like I am bringing them down. While they often tend to have strong feelings about certain people, they are usually pretty accepting of who I am, just as I am. They are no pressure people. They are also pretty down to earth.

ESFP - Hyper, fun, like to have an exciting good time with lots of laghter and humor. I feel I understand them well, but I feel I also make them uncomfortable. With me being the type of person who does not attend to social graces much, I think they are not sure whether or not I care for them because that is how they seem to guage that sort of thing. It is most likely that this would change though, once the freindship was better solidified. In that case I feel ESFPs would be quite comforting and helpfull to an INFJ, to help them explore Se more (INFJ inferior function) and not get into Ni Ti loops.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts