Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check my signature...

I have mild schizophrenia

the world I see and the world you see are completely different, developing my brain was no easy task, with my disfigured frontal lobe cortex i am able to see the world through different eyes and its like I dont feel comfortable in my own skin,I'm like the mind(the gas) with the body (the engine) dunno if that makes sense but okay

how does cognitive functions work under a mental illness?
what are some of the advantages and disadvantages ?
my cognitive abilities are getting stronger...I used low psychedelic drugs to heighten my awareness now I use active cognitive abilities like the mental version of the feynman technique or the mental version of brain mapping(which is so much more awesome in my head!)
I'm a unique subject and very fragile please take very good care of me :)
How does mental illnesses affect cognitive abilities?

(just abit curious) how is non-cognitive abilities different from cognitive abilities and how are they affected by mild schizophrenia?

Reactions: Pressed Flowers

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
It's probably better to ask this to a professional. Some people in here may have a fairly good understanding of the cognitive functions and the MBTI, but few (if any) are professionals in the field of psychology.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably better to ask this to a professional. Some people in here may have a fairly good understanding of the cognitive functions and the MBTI, but few (if any) are professionals in the field of psychology.
I would still like to hear them out, doesnt matter if they professionals or not, I am able to piece together things and theres no doubt in my mind that my brothers and sisters on PerC arent able to answer it perfectly theyre able to answer it with precision and efficiency, I trust all of you and I will take everything into account because I believe the information is always valuable or has it own worth :)

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Alright. Then here's my take.

The cognitive functions don't have any effect on mental illness. There is no causal relationship between mental problems and the functions. The cognitive functions and their order simply explain how your brain prefers to process information.

So an INTJ with your problem with deal with his problem in an INTJ type of way. An ESFJ with your problem will deal with the problems in an ESFJ way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts